Poll

which album do you prefer?

Relapse
55 (74.3%)
Recovery
19 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Poll: Eminem - Relapse vs Recovery  (Read 1183 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: Poll: Eminem - Relapse vs Recovery
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 03:34:22 PM »
i voted for Relapse. Recovery doesn't have the accent, but the production falls short for the most part imo.

I could not get past the accents, so I voted Recovery. The production on Relapse is on another level though.
fair enough.

its close, the yelling gets to me after a while too. So Bad is so good though 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:07 PM »
i voted for Relapse. Recovery doesn't have the accent, but the production falls short for the most part imo.

I could not get past the accents, so I voted Recovery. The production on Relapse is on another level though.
fair enough.

its close, the yelling gets to me after a while too. So Bad is so good though 8)

The thing with "So Bad" is that it's more of a leftover for Relapse. It fits that album theme & style more then Recovery, in my opinion.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 11:51:20 PM »
I would've never thought I'd hate anything more than the accent at the time Relapse dropped, but as much as I hate it, the yelling on Recovery is worse.   :'( :'( :'(

Relapse is an underrated album, it's like a horror flick in audio format, with good production. Recovery has too many corny songs.  :-\

Relapse all the way.  8)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 12:11:16 AM »
I really like Recovery. I think Relapse as a solo effort felt forced. It's too bad because I think it was the first time that Em really didn't make classics out of Dre's production and it was at a time when Dre really probably could have used the good word.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 01:04:02 AM »

It is these two very reasons that keep me from being able to make up my mind on which album I like more.  Would love to have gotten to hear what "Relapse 2" was going to sound like though.  I think Em is way too hard on "Relapse."  He should have gone ahead and released the second one.
Refill is basically a shorter version of Relapse 2.

fair enough.

i love that beat  8)

The thing with "So Bad" is that it's more of a leftover for Relapse. It fits that album theme & style more then Recovery, in my opinion.
as far as the content, i disagree.
the sound is a little different too
Tell me Eminem's flow on Relapse wasn't incredible. Like not every line was there, but as far as pure flowing goes, it was ridiculously impressive.
exactly

Kurupt1607

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 05:19:06 AM »
I voted for" Relapse".

The production almost (apart "Beautiful") done by Dre, he gave the album a dark atmosphere and especially: one concept from beginning to end. Maybe you have this fuckin' weird accent on some tracks but i just need to take a listen to "Same Song & Dance", "Underground" or "Deja Vu" and that's better than any shit on "Relapse". The album production remembered me the good times of Aftermath, when they we were able to build a constructive album.

"Recovery" had more producers but it was definitely worse. I was expecting good shit from Khalil and Blaze and tbh it was not really that hot... Eminem's yelling really makes me tired, he's happy to feel better ? Fuck it... it seems without drugs he can't rap anymore or good like before.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 10:33:37 AM »
Annoying accents >> constant shouting

I always really liked Relapse despite the annoying accents (which aren't that annoying on all tracks). It's a seriously creative album and Eminem flows his ass off on it. I think it's quite inspiring to listen to. The beats are mostly flawless too.

Recovery has a few hot joints, but is overlong and the constant shouting just becomes unbearable after a while.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 10:45:55 AM »
^I feel it goes on beyond the shouting too; it's just the album as a whole.

If you listen to any other Eminem album, he has some sort of variety on his albums. Like on The Eminem Show he talks about everything. On Recovery he basically has one topic, "I was on drugs, but now I'm not & I'm better". Just about every single song besides "Space Bound", "25 To Life", "No Love" & the Proof track preached that message. He was beating it to death. Then the songs he attempted to just flow on & talk about nothing, "Won't Back Down", "W.T.P." & "On Fire" (kinda liked that one), he really just talked about nothing & wasn't even creative with his shit. Then the beats, blahhhh. The singing wasn't terrible to me. It wasn't good singing, but it didn't ruin any songs for me. Just overall, not good lol.

I actually noticed this listening to his old material recently. If you listen to just about ANY Eminem verse from years ago, his verses ALWAYS flowed & had a point to them & almost told a story. They had a purpose to them. Then you listen to Recovery & he preaches that "I'm clean" message, but all his other lines around that are just filler lines about nothing. Some corny punchline that's so irrelevant.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 11:11:24 AM »
I actually noticed this listening to his old material recently. If you listen to just about ANY Eminem verse from years ago, his verses ALWAYS flowed & had a point to them & almost told a story.
True! I just listened to most of The Slim Shady LP today. That shit is classic. Those Bass Brothers beats are really underrated. Sure they don't bang like a Dre beat, but I really like the atmosphere and rawness of them and they really suited the early Eminem. It made me remember why I used to be such a big Eminem fan back in the day. Infact, I'm still an Eminem fan, I just don't like most of his recent stuff, I can't stand the constant shouting and I have had to up to here with "Love The Way You Lie".

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 11:16:56 AM »
I actually noticed this listening to his old material recently. If you listen to just about ANY Eminem verse from years ago, his verses ALWAYS flowed & had a point to them & almost told a story.
True! I just listened to most of The Slim Shady LP today. That shit is classic. Those Bass Brothers beats are really underrated. Sure they don't bang like a Dre beat, but I really like the atmosphere and rawness of them and they really suited the early Eminem. It made me remember why I used to be such a big Eminem fan back in the day. Infact, I'm still an Eminem fan, I just don't like most of his recent stuff, I can't stand the constant shouting and I have had to up to here with "Love The Way You Lie".

Yeah, his first three albums are almost untouchable (not counting Infinite); I find myself bumping them a lot more now since he disappointed me lol & you really hear how great he was.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 11:35:59 AM »
stan

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 01:59:26 PM »
Voted Relapse. Listened to it today for the first time in months. I like it better now than i did when it just got released. The production shits allover recovery, and his flow is incredible. The accent doesnt actually bother me to much but i think thats just because theshouting is so annoying.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 02:06:54 PM »
Both albums have 'skip tracks'. And both have some pearls. Relapse got something from the old Em/Slim Shady, his old style, that im a fan of. And Recovery have some dope tracks. I can't decide actually. They are't the same, but i have to rate them both same way.

PLANT

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 04:14:48 PM »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 02:06:37 AM »
i wonder if/when he performs songs that have accents on the studio version, he will use the accent