Poll

which album do you prefer?

Relapse
55 (74.3%)
Recovery
19 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Poll: Eminem - Relapse vs Recovery  (Read 1180 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Poll: Eminem - Relapse vs Recovery
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2011, 01:56:47 PM »
^Relapse sold because his name was slapped on it. :P

Prof@ssor

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »
^Relapse sold because his name was slapped on it. :P

False. Relapse sold because Beautiful and Crack A Bottle were slapped on it.

BIGWORM

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »
RELAPSE all the way I like the PHYSCO SHOCK RAPPER Eminem way better.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2011, 04:08:44 PM »
Recovery wins for me. The shouting is annoying, the accent is unlistenable. And the songs are made better as well.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2011, 04:20:01 PM »
lol Cham

i think (relapse) was better than Encore, but it wasn't as good as Recovery.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2011, 05:32:13 PM »
lol Cham

i think (relapse) was better than Encore, but it wasn't as good as Recovery.

I also said Recovery was good then too..lol.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2011, 05:41:29 PM »
Recovery is just as good but Relapse is just about 1000 times more interesting and compelling because it's the first record Dr.Dre has produced all of since 1999.

No flaws or complaints about Recovery, solid record with great and inspired raps, diverse and effective production but you can find 50 rap albums like that now. You can't find 50 rap records in the last decade wholly and totally produced by Dr.Dre (except for beautiful).

Not saying that it makes it better, but as a music aficionado, you want to see what Dr.Dre is doing, especially if he's working with one of his most prolific and masterful collaborators.

Relapse, kind of by default. Especially among this crowd.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Jimmy H.

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2011, 10:03:43 PM »
^Na, I bet Eminem doesn't really think that. It's just marketing. Trying to make people believe that this (Recovery) is better then that (Relapse) & since his fans love almost anything he puts out, it makes it seem that much better than he can diss his own shit after they loved it.
Well, that reads like poor marketing to me since he went public with his dissapointment with Relapse at around the same time Interscope dropped the re-release. Em's hating the project really shouldn't have as much impact on public opinion as people give it. Artists look at music often from a very different light as fans. There's sort of a contradictory aspect to most fans that I'm sure bugs the hell out of most artists. They want their favorite artists to only make music that sounds like their favorite material from that artist. I think it's particularly difficult for artists out of the West. They can drop a mediocre G-Funk-sounding album that isn't creatively-inspired at all and people will eat it up and it call it a "classic" but if they move out of their safe zone and try something different, people bitch and call them a "sell-out".

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2011, 10:06:59 PM »
Recovery is just as good but Relapse is just about 1000 times more interesting and compelling because it's the first record Dr.Dre has produced all of since 1999.

Maybe to Dre stans but as a complete album I disagree. Lyrically its one of the least-inspiring albums ever.

Lunatic

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2011, 10:34:41 PM »
Recovery and its not even close. I can't believe Relapse is winning by so much. Relapse is such a terrible album minus the Dr. Dre production. Eminem is so sloppy, all over the place The accent is so bad.

This shouldn't even be close. It's easily Recovery.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2011, 01:19:06 AM »
^Na, I bet Eminem doesn't really think that. It's just marketing. Trying to make people believe that this (Recovery) is better then that (Relapse) & since his fans love almost anything he puts out, it makes it seem that much better than he can diss his own shit after they loved it.

I honestly think Eminem doesn't like Relapse, he doesn't have to resort to marketing ploys to sell albums, Relapse sold well without many hits.
but he does resort to it, just look at his singles

Recovery and its not even close. I can't believe Relapse is winning by so much. Relapse is such a terrible album minus the Dr. Dre production. Eminem is so sloppy, all over the place The accent is so bad.

This shouldn't even be close. It's easily Recovery.
it's just opinions. if the voters for Relapse said: anyone who voted for Recovery is crazy, then your comment would have made more sense
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:21:16 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

HighEyeCue

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2011, 05:50:06 AM »

I honestly think Eminem doesn't like Relapse, he doesn't have to resort to marketing ploys to sell albums, Relapse sold well without many hits.

your right, I was thinking about Crack A Bottle but I totally forgot about We Made You which is an example of what you are saying.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2011, 09:13:20 AM »
stan

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »
Relapse fucking BANGS, and was one of my fav albums that year

Recovery is straight up dog shit and only stans ass bitches liked that album
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2011, 10:42:01 AM »

your right, I was thinking about Crack A Bottle but I totally forgot about We Made You which is an example of what you are saying.

but you are right that his name is worth$$$