Poll

which album do you prefer?

Relapse
55 (74.3%)
Recovery
19 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Poll: Eminem - Relapse vs Recovery  (Read 1181 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Poll: Eminem - Relapse vs Recovery
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2011, 05:33:21 PM »
Once more didn't say Relapse is better, but to folks like myself who only check out new hip hop records when it's a big fuckin' deal culturally and not just on this website, Dr.Dre production certainly gives the record an edge in terms of the interest it generates and unlike a lot of hyped works, I feel Relapse delivers on this.

I got about halfway through recovery before I switched to something else, not because it wasn't dope, because it was near flawless but it just wasn't that novel. When a dude, whose records I've loved, who takes a fucking decade at a time drops a CD full of beats, I'm compelled to check it out and once more, I felt Eminem's raps were good enough to state that the record delivered. Can an argument be made that Recovery's raps are better? Certainly.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2011, 05:37:30 PM »

I got about halfway through recovery before I switched to something else, not because it wasn't dope, because it was near flawless

kill yourself
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

HighEyeCue

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »
very cruel pool
you have to make a choice between "eminem who is rapping with bad accent and average flows" and "eminem who is only yelling"

I thought his flow was very good on both albums, its always been a strength of his.
i'd say the flow is better on Relapse

The flow is very good on there I agree
very cruel pool
you have to make a choice between "eminem who is rapping with bad accent and average flows" and "eminem who is only yelling"

I thought his flow was very good on both albums, its always been a strength of his.

as a person who listened to marshal mathers lp and the eminem show albums, i don't think his flow is "good" on both albums... only "same song and dance" on relapse impressed according to his flow on that one...

if his flow is very good on both albums, how we gonna call his flow on "lose yourself" ?

I've listened to all his albums and his flow is what has been consistent. His accent was at times unlistenable for me on Relapse and I did not like the constant yelling on Recovery but the flow has remained tight throughout the years.
His flow is without doubt superior on Relapse, it's just he uses the accent & some questionable lyrics to make it flawless.

But I guess those are flaws, so he has a flawed flawless flow on Relapse. :P

I think he concentrated on perfecting his flow on Relapse and his lyrics had suffered as a result.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2011, 06:00:17 AM »
both albums suck dick.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2011, 07:02:11 AM »

I got about halfway through recovery before I switched to something else, not because it wasn't dope, because it was near flawless

kill yourself

It's not that I think it was perfect, but it was what it was. I've come to expect no more: angry well delivered raps, good melodic and banging production. I heard the first 8 tracks, I'm obviously not still bumping them and they're not my favorites, I'm just saying I have no overt complaints. Furthermore, the larger point I was making is that I have more interest in 'relapse'.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2011, 11:25:58 AM »