Author Topic: Kush & I Need A Doctor (Explanation)  (Read 2076 times)

Will_B

Re: Kush & I Need A Doctor (Explanation)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 07:36:49 AM »
there is a big diff. first of all, Quincy is Quincy. and Dre is Dre..
Quincy Jones did 15+ albums back to back, and then took a break.
Dre did 2 albums, wit a ~10-year pause between em

Lol you act like Dre ain't been workin between projects. :laugh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 07:38:27 AM »
Luna, I disagree with most of what your saying; because its based on the premise that "Kush" and "I Need A Dotor" are weak songs.

Dre made the most bangin tracks he could, and unless the album is classic and will be successful, Aftermath will not put their stamp on it.  So dont worry, the singles are dope, the album is dope... and like Chronic and 2001 before, we got Snoop on the first single, and like Dres second album we got Em on the second single...

So what is the problem?  What did you want Dre to do?

Reread the topic, you missed the point of the thread.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 07:39:51 AM »
course he did,
but the comparison wit Quincy's 50-year long catalogue is retarded..

Will_B

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 07:49:19 AM »
course he did,

Thanks for calling my comparison retarded. :laugh:

You can't compare the 2 artists as they're too different (of course). My point was, Dre's been going since 1983 or something and he didn't put out a Solo til the 90's...for obvious reasons...then he did a whole gang of work again before he put out another solo.

Over a nearly 30 year career he's put out more projects than just the 2 solo albums, and after Detox he'll do a gang more of other stuff.

11 years between Toy Story movies and noone was shouting Pixar fell off. Different medium, same analogy. :-*

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 07:57:53 AM »
Kush isnt that bad it just doesn't have any replay value imo. I just cant get into inad, i get what they were trying to do with it but it isn't a good song.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 08:01:00 AM »
course he did,

Thanks for calling my comparison retarded. :laugh:

You can't compare the 2 artists as they're too different (of course). My point was, Dre's been going since 1983 or something and he didn't put out a Solo til the 90's...for obvious reasons...then he did a whole gang of work again before he put out another solo.

Over a nearly 30 year career he's put out more projects than just the 2 solo albums, and after Detox he'll do a gang more of other stuff.

11 years between Toy Story movies and noone was shouting Pixar fell off. Different medium, same analogy. :-*

None of your analogies apply, since those project haven't been anticipated for 10 years. A more accurate (and musical) comparison would be the Guns n Roses album.

I bet you if the album had been announced a year ago there'd be a lot less disappointed for this project.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:02:35 AM by THE RAPTURE »

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 08:03:40 AM »
Will_B,
your comparison is still veeery retarded tho IMO  ;)

check Q's wiki-page and his documented career, from solo-records, orchestrating, album-production etc etc
and then compare it wit André Young..

what im tryin to say is,
Q could take a break (which he did)

Dre shouldve been more consistent,
his "work-ethic" during his 27 yr-long run resulted in merely 2 albums

Will_B

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 08:03:51 AM »
None of your analogies apply, since those project haven't been anticipated for 10 years. A more accurate (and musical) comparison would be the Guns n Roses album.

Good example on Guns n Roses dude, but just because you personally didn't anticipate something doesn't mean the rest of the world didn't either. ;)

Will_B

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 08:07:04 AM »
Will_B,
your comparison is still veeery retarded tho IMO  ;)

check Q's wiki-page and his documented career, from solo-records, orchestrating, album-production etc etc
and then compare it wit André Young..

what im tryin to say is,
Q could take a break (which he did)

Dre shouldve been more consistent,
his "work-ethic" during his 27 yr-long run resulted in merely 2 albums

Lol again it's like Dre wasn't working in between. Forget Quincy that's clouding the issue.

You're saying the if a guy who does 99% production for other artists or was in groups only puts out couple solo projects....that makes him somehow an underachiever. :laugh:

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 08:10:25 AM »
no, im not forgettin Quincy, cuz u decided to compare him wit Dre for some reason..

yes, if ur comapring Q's catalouge wit Dre's catalgoue, and their career-spans --
yes, André Young is most def an underacchiever.

Will_B

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »
no, im not forgettin Quincy, cuz u decided to compare him wit Dre for some reason..

yes, if ur comapring Q's catalouge wit Dre's catalgoue, and their career-spans --
yes, André Young is most def an underacchiever.

That's very nice but I wasn't. :laugh:

I was talking about gaps between albums but it's fine if you want to make out I was saying Dre is just like Quincy Jones ;)

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 08:35:20 AM »
u compared them.
Dre's career-break wit Quincy's career-break..

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 08:39:27 AM »
u compared them.

Actually no. I said gaps between studio albums. Not the same, and obviously not a career break for Dre. :)

MR_JV

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 08:39:48 AM »
i think your right bout what dre's doing now with his singles. but he hasnt always done that.

ALL the singles from 2001 were westcoast and would please his loyal fans. and plus he produced them!

i just think dre has no confidence in himself anymore, and is  just trying to please the mainstream now. Thats probably whys hes let the whole rap industry submit something for detox. rather than trust in what he does.

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 08:44:39 AM »
u compared them.

Actually no. I said gaps between studio albums. Not the same, and obviously not a career break for Dre. :)

a poster, said that Dre fucked over his fans, for waiting so long,
and then u jumped in and brought Q's name aong - and compared them..
do u want me to quote u?