Author Topic: Kush & I Need A Doctor (Explanation)  (Read 2051 times)

annunaki

• Lil Geezy
Re: Kush & I Need A Doctor (Explanation)
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »
the sound of song (Kush) still represents his loyal fan base.

Not at all.  His loyal fanbase isn't the metrosexual clubbers.  It is the people on the streets (Death Row era) and hardcore/originalist hip hop heads (Ruthless era).  There was nothing "street" about Kush, even though I agree it was the "street single" -- Interscope is just sorely mistaken if they think Kush is what the loyal fanbase wants to hear.

I am still waiting for the real street single for the loyal fanbase.

REAL TALK!!

jeanmiche777

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2011, 11:39:35 AM »
I think it was JohnnyL who said it the best.

This board was buzzing when "Kush" came out, then when "I Need A Doctor" came out, everybody who fucked with "Kush" started hating on it.

The sooner you all come to understand it doesn't matter what Dre puts out that you're all going to hate on it, the better. If he puts out something like "I Need A Doctor" or something that doesn't have that traditional Dre sound, you're going to say he sold out & it sucks & if he re-creates that old, classic sound of his you're all going to say "Dre is just recycling beats".

I just want that Dre bounce. I don't care if it's some futuristic synths or whatever, but I used to listen to Dre because he had that funk in his beats. I really think he lost that. Off course I will check out Detox, but I won't be satisfied by a flavor of the month joint. I mean, you listen to Love the Way you Lie and INAD right after, it sounds exactly the same. Dre is somebody that used to create a new sound, and we get a Alex Da Kid beat. At least, Kush was a honest attempt to create something new while staying true to the ''traditionnal'' Dre sound (even if, in MY opinion, it failed)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2011, 01:03:59 PM »
the sound of song (Kush) still represents his loyal fan base.

Not at all.  His loyal fanbase isn't the metrosexual clubbers.  It is the people on the streets (Death Row era) and hardcore/originalist hip hop heads (Ruthless era).  There was nothing "street" about Kush, even though I agree it was the "street single" -- Interscope is just sorely mistaken if they think Kush is what the loyal fanbase wants to hear.

I am still waiting for the real street single for the loyal fanbase.

LMAO @ loyal fanbase.  How naive are you to think anyone at Interscope (Dre, Iovine) gives a shit about his loyal base. 
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2011, 01:10:52 PM »

This board was buzzing when "Kush" came out, then when "I Need A Doctor" came out, everybody who fucked with "Kush" started hating on it.

The sooner you all come to understand it doesn't matter what Dre puts out that you're all going to hate on it, the better. If he puts out something like "I Need A Doctor" or something that doesn't have that traditional Dre sound, you're going to say he sold out & it sucks & if he re-creates that old, classic sound of his you're all going to say "Dre is just recycling beats".

I just want that Dre bounce. I don't care if it's some futuristic synths or whatever, but I used to listen to Dre because he had that funk in his beats. I really think he lost that. Off course I will check out Detox, but I won't be satisfied by a flavor of the month joint. I mean, you listen to Love the Way you Lie and INAD right after, it sounds exactly the same. Dre is somebody that used to create a new sound, and we get a Alex Da Kid beat. At least, Kush was a honest attempt to create something new while staying true to the ''traditionnal'' Dre sound (even if, in MY opinion, it failed)

I'm not going to lie, I want Dre to produce his own shit. It's kinda lame that he isn't. But he needs a single. I personally think that the rest of the album is going to be more Dre then "Alex Da Kid" sounding.

Portugoal

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2011, 01:12:11 PM »
Another topic on this subject? And one where you drop common knowledge? ::)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2011, 01:15:25 PM »
Another topic on this subject? And one where you drop common knowledge? ::)

Lunatic's next thread will be the shocking report of how G funk isn't mainstream in 2011
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Lunatic

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »
LMAO @ loyal fanbase.  How naive are you to think anyone at Interscope (Dre, Iovine) gives a shit about his loyal base. 
They want there $$. Keep them happy - they buy the record. They care because they want to sell. That's obvious. I'm not trying to say they "care" because "they love there fans" or any of that BS. They want the $.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »

I'm not going to lie, I want Dre to produce his own shit. It's kinda lame that he isn't. But he needs a single. I personally think that the rest of the album is going to be more Dre then "Alex Da Kid" sounding.

This is Dre we're talking about though. All of his career he has been the one artists go to for singles and standout songs. If he doesn't have the ability to produce his own single anymore then I'm not sure I want to hear the rest of the album.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2011, 03:41:11 PM »
This is Dre we're talking about though. All of his career he has been the one artists go to for singles and standout songs. If he doesn't have the ability to produce his own single anymore then I'm not sure I want to hear the rest of the album.

This.  People better be careful what they wish for.  After hearing it, they're going to wish Detox remained a myth  ;) :D ;D
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2011, 04:15:25 PM »
Luna, u ever gonna release that interview u have with Hittman? I don't even know why I'm asking this shit when he ain't never releasing shit..

http://dbicmag.ning.com/

Issue 3 & 4, 2 part interview

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2011, 04:29:58 PM »

But considering that most of the big singles this year have been produced by Alex Da Kid & have the exact same setup, Dre just got on board with that. He went for that standout single by following the standout singles.

Dre has to release at least one more song before he releases the album & I'd bet that he produces it & if that is miserable, then I guess you can start saying Detox is going to be a fucking joke lol.

Lunatic

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »
Luna, u ever gonna release that interview u have with Hittman? I don't even know why I'm asking this shit when he ain't never releasing shit..

http://dbicmag.ning.com/

Issue 3 & 4, 2 part interview
Thanks
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2011, 06:47:58 PM »

But considering that most of the big singles this year have been produced by Alex Da Kid & have the exact same setup, Dre just got on board with that. He went for that standout single by following the standout singles.

Dre has to release at least one more song before he releases the album & I'd bet that he produces it & if that is miserable, then I guess you can start saying Detox is going to be a fucking joke lol.

But he didn't have Manny Fresh producing his album back in 1999. Point is, it has never mattered until now what producer-of-the-moment has been hot. Dre has put out his shit, its knocked and its been popular. If he can't make standout songs anymore then he simply doesn't have it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2011, 07:31:10 PM »
^I don't want to be that guy, but let's be honest, who does "have it"?

Cube? No. Snoop? No. Kurupt? No. Quik? No. Who from the 90's is making music that "has it"?

I mean, you can say Jay-Z. But Jay-Z has stayed relevant by keeping up with the times & following the movements that are made.

I don't know, I hope Dre comes through on this album with something bumpable. But I guess we'll just have to wait & see.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »
^I don't want to be that guy, but let's be honest, who does "have it"?

Cube? No. Snoop? No. Kurupt? No. Quik? No. Who from the 90's is making music that "has it"?

I mean, you can say Jay-Z. But Jay-Z has stayed relevant by keeping up with the times & following the movements that are made.

I don't know, I hope Dre comes through on this album with something bumpable. But I guess we'll just have to wait & see.

With the exception of Snoop, you're naming artists who haven't been relevant in years. Terrible comparisons. Dre has been relevant from 1989 until just the couple few years. Also, you're naming rappers. Dre is a producer. A producer known for making hits. If he can't do that anymore, what the fuck is the point of him putting out an album? You're forgetting that his main appeal is as a producer.

Also, even ignoring the fact Dre is a hit-making producer....his type of music is different than the other artists you mentioned. Lets be honest, Cube is at his best when he is straight gutter. The less pop his music is the better. Same goes for Kurupt. And Quik's shit has never really had that much pop appeal. But Dre? The man has made a career out of making tracks with mainstream appeal.