Author Topic: Kush & I Need A Doctor (Explanation)  (Read 2083 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Kush & I Need A Doctor (Explanation)
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2011, 01:33:19 AM »
I must say though, I don't agree with everyone's disappointment that Dre didn't produce "Kush" (the first song we heard). Maybe I'm not as picky, but that beat is BANANAS so I can care less.
Khalil has much better stuff imo

sofdark

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2011, 06:26:55 PM »
Luna, u ever gonna release that interview u have with Hittman? I don't even know why I'm asking this shit when he ain't never releasing shit..

http://dbicmag.ning.com/

Issue 3 & 4, 2 part interview
Thanks

i know im kinda late but thank you 8)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2011, 07:07:10 PM »
whatever.

kush is decent.

i need a doctor, as a dre single, is embarrassing.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Lunatic

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2011, 07:09:11 PM »
I must say though, I don't agree with everyone's disappointment that Dre didn't produce "Kush" (the first song we heard). Maybe I'm not as picky, but that beat is BANANAS so I can care less.
Khalil has much better stuff imo
Exactly
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

NoobCake

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2011, 07:32:42 PM »
^I don't want to be that guy, but let's be honest, who does "have it"?

Cube? No. Snoop? No. Kurupt? No. Quik? No. Who from the 90's is making music that "has it"?

I mean, you can say Jay-Z. But Jay-Z has stayed relevant by keeping up with the times & following the movements that are made.

I don't know, I hope Dre comes through on this album with something bumpable. But I guess we'll just have to wait & see.

With the exception of Snoop, you're naming artists who haven't been relevant in years. Terrible comparisons. Dre has been relevant from 1989 until just the couple few years. Also, you're naming rappers. Dre is a producer. A producer known for making hits. If he can't do that anymore, what the fuck is the point of him putting out an album? You're forgetting that his main appeal is as a producer.

Also, even ignoring the fact Dre is a hit-making producer....his type of music is different than the other artists you mentioned. Lets be honest, Cube is at his best when he is straight gutter. The less pop his music is the better. Same goes for Kurupt. And Quik's shit has never really had that much pop appeal. But Dre? The man has made a career out of making tracks with mainstream appeal.

WTF?  The point of putting out an album is the same it's always been for every rapper.  To make money.  You think they and the record companies care about anything else?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2011, 07:37:11 PM »
^I don't want to be that guy, but let's be honest, who does "have it"?

Cube? No. Snoop? No. Kurupt? No. Quik? No. Who from the 90's is making music that "has it"?

I mean, you can say Jay-Z. But Jay-Z has stayed relevant by keeping up with the times & following the movements that are made.

I don't know, I hope Dre comes through on this album with something bumpable. But I guess we'll just have to wait & see.

With the exception of Snoop, you're naming artists who haven't been relevant in years. Terrible comparisons. Dre has been relevant from 1989 until just the couple few years. Also, you're naming rappers. Dre is a producer. A producer known for making hits. If he can't do that anymore, what the fuck is the point of him putting out an album? You're forgetting that his main appeal is as a producer.

Also, even ignoring the fact Dre is a hit-making producer....his type of music is different than the other artists you mentioned. Lets be honest, Cube is at his best when he is straight gutter. The less pop his music is the better. Same goes for Kurupt. And Quik's shit has never really had that much pop appeal. But Dre? The man has made a career out of making tracks with mainstream appeal.

WTF?  The point of putting out an album is the same it's always been for every rapper.  To make money.  You think they and the record companies care about anything else?

He's barely even a rapper, he's a producer. Rappers put out albums with the selling point being their lyrics. The selling point of Dre's music is the sound.

NoobCake

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2011, 07:45:50 PM »
But if his album with horrible production (some of it not even his) and horrible lyrics will STILL sell, do you think he or interscope will care about anything else?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2011, 08:06:07 PM »
But if his album with horrible production (some of it not even his) and horrible lyrics will STILL sell, do you think he or interscope will care about anything else?

You're getting away from what I'm saying. The whole point of this album is that its Dre's album and is supposed to be his sound. If they release an album that he had little hand in, it will move some units based on his name being attached to it, but the purpose of the album will have been defeated. Who's going to buy that album?

NoobCake

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2011, 08:14:26 PM »

You're getting away from what I'm saying. The whole point of this album is that its Dre's album and is supposed to be his sound. If they release an album that he had little hand in, it will move some units based on his name being attached to it, but the purpose of the album will have been defeated. Who's going to buy that album?

The same people who made i need a doctor #1 on itunes.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2011, 08:19:08 PM »

Its Eminem I Love the Way you Lie part 2. I'm not surprised. However, unless they make Detox a Dre/Eminem collab album, I dont see those ppl buying the album based off of one song.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2011, 08:21:24 PM »
NoobCake sort of has a point. I mean, Rapsodie, you're the one who told me "2001" was mainstream as they come. Dre's sound sold at that time so they let it rock. But this time around all Dre is, is a hyped up decently sized name who works along the side of the top selling artist in Hip Hop, Eminem.

Interscope could (probably not, but could) be saying, Dre, make some songs, slap Marshall on a few of them, throw some other nice name features on some songs & we'll make some profit out of this.

From a musical standpoint, you're right. If Dre isn't going to make his sound, then he has no business making an album; ESPECIALLY if he isn't even producing & we know he's not writing lyrics. But from a business perspective, you got a big name, whose album has been hyped up for over a decade & now we can drop it, half ass it, make our money & Dre, you'll never have to do anything ever again for us.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2011, 08:22:18 PM »
I guess you guys dont know what a producer is, its not only about making beats, and in my Opinion Andre Young's work always been about sound, and putting album together, its not only about the beat, but also about the way the album flows together, and how its mixed, also the songs theme, the features and all that.. Yes Kush sucks for some and I Need a Doctor sucks for others, but im pretty sure that there is a story and a marketing plan for those 2 tracks.  

NoobCake

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2011, 08:24:08 PM »

Its Eminem I Love the Way you Lie part 2. I'm not surprised. However, unless they make Detox a Dre/Eminem collab album, I dont see those ppl buying the album based off of one song.

i guarantee you eminem will featured on more than one song on the album.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2011, 08:29:03 PM »
NoobCake sort of has a point. I mean, Rapsodie, you're the one who told me "2001" was mainstream as they come. Dre's sound sold at that time so they let it rock. But this time around all Dre is, is a hyped up decently sized name who works along the side of the top selling artist in Hip Hop, Eminem.

Interscope could (probably not, but could) be saying, Dre, make some songs, slap Marshall on a few of them, throw some other nice name features on some songs & we'll make some profit out of this.

From a musical standpoint, you're right. If Dre isn't going to make his sound, then he has no business making an album; ESPECIALLY if he isn't even producing & we know he's not writing lyrics. But from a business perspective, you got a big name, whose album has been hyped up for over a decade & now we can drop it, half ass it, make our money & Dre, you'll never have to do anything ever again for us.

If all this was about profit we'd have more than 2 albums in 20+ years. Dre could have milked this shit and put out an album every 2 years.

The album has to sell. But its reception is just as important. Throwing a half assed album out there will sell some units but at the same time it will be considered a failure, the same way Dre Presents....Aftermath was a failure.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2011, 08:43:41 PM »

If all this was about profit we'd have more than 2 albums in 20+ years. Dre could have milked this shit and put out an album every 2 years.

For a while, I guess you can say he did with Eminem. He figured, why have people write for me & pay them for that, especially when your white ass can make us millions & write your own shit that kids are eating up & I'll do what I'm good at & make beats for you.

Now Dre is just living up to some promise he made years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Dre really doesn't even want to do this album.