Author Topic: Kush & I Need A Doctor (Explanation)  (Read 2079 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: Kush & I Need A Doctor (Explanation)
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2011, 10:36:13 PM »
NoobCake sort of has a point. I mean, Rapsodie, you're the one who told me "2001" was mainstream as they come. Dre's sound sold at that time so they let it rock. But this time around all Dre is, is a hyped up decently sized name who works along the side of the top selling artist in Hip Hop, Eminem.

Interscope could (probably not, but could) be saying, Dre, make some songs, slap Marshall on a few of them, throw some other nice name features on some songs & we'll make some profit out of this.

From a musical standpoint, you're right. If Dre isn't going to make his sound, then he has no business making an album; ESPECIALLY if he isn't even producing & we know he's not writing lyrics. But from a business perspective, you got a big name, whose album has been hyped up for over a decade & now we can drop it, half ass it, make our money & Dre, you'll never have to do anything ever again for us.

If all this was about profit we'd have more than 2 albums in 20+ years. Dre could have milked this shit and put out an album every 2 years.

For a while, I guess you can say he did with Eminem. He figured, why have people write for me & pay them for that, especially when your white ass can make us millions & write your own shit that kids are eating up & I'll do what I'm good at & make beats for you.

Now Dre is just living up to some promise he made years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Dre really doesn't even want to do this album.

Dre has said he has gone back and forth with wanting and not wanting to do the album but was reasurred by people like Eminem. Like Dre-Day has said before on the forum I think he just lost his confidence.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Kush & I Need A Doctor (Explanation)
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2011, 01:38:53 AM »
NoobCake sort of has a point. I mean, Rapsodie, you're the one who told me "2001" was mainstream as they come. Dre's sound sold at that time so they let it rock. But this time around all Dre is, is a hyped up decently sized name who works along the side of the top selling artist in Hip Hop, Eminem.

Interscope could (probably not, but could) be saying, Dre, make some songs, slap Marshall on a few of them, throw some other nice name features on some songs & we'll make some profit out of this.

From a musical standpoint, you're right. If Dre isn't going to make his sound, then he has no business making an album; ESPECIALLY if he isn't even producing & we know he's not writing lyrics. But from a business perspective, you got a big name, whose album has been hyped up for over a decade & now we can drop it, half ass it, make our money & Dre, you'll never have to do anything ever again for us.

If all this was about profit we'd have more than 2 albums in 20+ years. Dre could have milked this shit and put out an album every 2 years.

For a while, I guess you can say he did with Eminem. He figured, why have people write for me & pay them for that, especially when your white ass can make us millions & write your own shit that kids are eating up & I'll do what I'm good at & make beats for you.

Now Dre is just living up to some promise he made years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Dre really doesn't even want to do this album.
it's easier for him to work on someone else's project. im sure he has more fun with it too