Author Topic: Random Thoughts of King Tech on Rap/RnB....  (Read 455 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Random Thoughts of King Tech on Rap/RnB....
« on: January 02, 2003, 10:13:21 PM »
here are some random thoughts, i will type it as it permeates through my brain....

1. that new styles p video "daddy get that cash" is the worst video ive seen in a while, the worst since lil waynes's forest adventure...what was styles p thinking with that lil plotline in his video? chinese gangsters?

2. the new Aaliyah single "I miss u" is beautiful...simply beautiful
what a waste...RIP Aaliyah

3. the Source is now officially dead, if u need further clarification, wait till the new Source hits the stands, not only is Ja on the cover for the 2nd time in like 3 months, but the hip hop quotable is Benzino "die another day", theres a 5 page article on benzino, the editorial is dissing eminem, theres a cartoon of eminem dressed as elvis, and the last word illustration shows Benzino smashing m & m's, its disgusting really....btw, its despicable that JMJ didnt get the cover on the solo tip

4. who else thinks R & B is dead?  with R Kelly's career on life support, and Whitney Houston and Boyz 2 Men's career stuck in the 90's, plus add Mariah's problems.....who are we left with? Avant? Ashanti?
Good God, both rap and rnb face a similiar dilemna....rap has too much rnb influence, rnb has too much rap influence
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Suga Foot

Re:Random Thoughts of King Tech on Rap/RnB....
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 10:21:22 PM »
I agree with #4, that's why I've turned to Soul music (Bilal, Raphael Saadiq etc.).

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 11:11:38 PM »
I agree with #4, that's why I've turned to Soul music (Bilal, Raphael Saadiq etc.).

soul music IS r&b.....the r&b we see on mtv(for the most part) is pop music

on tech's random thoughts...

1. i havnt see the video but all you had to do was tell me the name of the artist. lol

2. yeah it reminds me of he 1 in a million album great stuff

3. yeah, that mag is officially null and void in the hip hop community......they ARE what they say eminem is, a total detriment to hip hop, kind've ironic,lol

4. yeah shit is sad. what is weird ,is that when rap was fused with r&b and visa versa in the early-mid 90's shit was CLASSIC, even the pop shit , just a side affect of playing a theme out i guess

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

S.G.V.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2003, 12:10:27 AM »
JMJ was on the cover...but it was with RUN DMC...but at least they threw him on the cover...u gotta give them that...but yea R n B aint the same...what happened to good acts like New Edition?...Boyz II Men?...Silk?...LSG?...etc...those were good acts...now all R n B is basically Rap...just harmonized...every R n B artist is a thug/gangsta...talkin about bling bling...and other bullshit...R n B is really dead...sure aint the same no more...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2003, 08:47:46 AM »
JMJ was on the cover...but it was with RUN DMC...but at least they threw him on the cover...u gotta give them that...

A pic?  When did this happen?  (I haven't seen the Feb 2003 issue yet)

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2003, 09:18:59 AM »
when jmj died all they they had was a lil thing in the corned sayin rip jmj.  baby of cash money was on the cover

S.G.V.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2003, 10:31:35 AM »
na there was two covers...Baby and Run DMC...i got the run dmc...i swear...i dont really understand how to scan...but if i figure it out ill scan it and post it up

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2003, 03:34:22 PM »
I copped the one with baby on the cover and it was fucking disgusting just sticking JMJ in the bottom corner.

Anyone else realised that the source has shrunk in page size and number of pages?

Never surrender

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2003, 03:47:10 PM »
Im down with the number 4 Tech... its kinda sad man even Legend cant make a great come back Boyz II Men came back nobody had pay attention...Dru Hill :o :o a group that everybody used to love..nobody knew they were back ...same thing with Kci & Jojo  and TLC thats fucked up (maybe its the fact that they all came back at the same time : November )

verbalassaulta

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2003, 05:50:51 PM »
oh hell no...i kinda agree with tech...though check sales...r&b sold like 80 million more than rap did(its in today usa today)...though im not sure what they consier r &b

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2003, 10:08:55 PM »
nah man..raps been more popular than ever, but is it as good as it was 5 years ago
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2003, 11:34:37 PM »
yeah what the fuck were they thinkin on lil wayne's video anyway? when i think about it, it fuckin cracks me up. i've only seen the styles video once. wasn't a dollar bill floating around the whole time or somethin? as far as the source goes, they've lost any credibility as an Unbiased news source. we've all been sayin that for a long time, but now its becoming more apparent to everyone else

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2003, 11:47:26 PM »
nah man..raps been more popular than ever, but is it as good as it was 5 years ago
nah i think it is less popular now.  hell even mc ehit had a gold album in the mid 90's now he cant even break 100,000.  now the hip hop culture is more popular than it was 5 years ago tho

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2003, 11:54:10 PM »
eiht had gold albums because his genre was hot.
Hip Hop has never sold as much records as it has over the last 2-3 years and its influence on American social culture has never been greater.

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2003, 02:20:47 AM »
here are some random thoughts, i will type it as it permeates through my brain....

1. that new styles p video "daddy get that cash" is the worst video ive seen in a while, the worst since lil waynes's forest adventure...what was styles p thinking with that lil plotline in his video? chinese gangsters?

2. the new Aaliyah single "I miss u" is beautiful...simply beautiful
what a waste...RIP Aaliyah

3. the Source is now officially dead, if u need further clarification, wait till the new Source hits the stands, not only is Ja on the cover for the 2nd time in like 3 months, but the hip hop quotable is Benzino "die another day", theres a 5 page article on benzino, the editorial is dissing eminem, theres a cartoon of eminem dressed as elvis, and the last word illustration shows Benzino smashing m & m's, its disgusting really....btw, its despicable that JMJ didnt get the cover on the solo tip

4. who else thinks R & B is dead?  with R Kelly's career on life support, and Whitney Houston and Boyz 2 Men's career stuck in the 90's, plus add Mariah's problems.....who are we left with? Avant? Ashanti?
Good God, both rap and rnb face a similiar dilemna....rap has too much rnb influence, rnb has too much rap influence

I agree 100%