Author Topic: Lil B - Angels Exodus LP  (Read 1622 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Lil B - Angels Exodus LP
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »
i would make a bet if he dropped Exxxes on the radio 99.8% of the people wouldn't understand the concept behind it.

same goes for In My Sleep.

Joe just goes over people's heads.

lmao honestly that song sucks as a conceptual record. And yet that's the song you always bring up.

Yeah, that's why people on here were saying "Why did he make a song about aggressive sex & an abusive relationship?" ::)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2011, 10:09:49 PM »
i would make a bet if he dropped Exxxes on the radio 99.8% of the people wouldn't understand the concept behind it.

lmao honestly that song sucks as a conceptual record. And yet that's the song you always bring up.

Yeah, that's why people on here were saying "Why did he make a song about aggressive sex & an abusive relationship?" ::)

That's really all that's going on in this song. That's why it sucks conceptually.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2011, 10:12:55 PM »

That's really all that's going on in this song. That's why it sucks conceptually.

...or you just don't get it lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2011, 10:26:45 PM »

...or you just don't get it lol.

There's nothing to get. I can make a song about something random, throw a couple related lines in and then tell you its really about something else. That doesn't automatically make it a dope concept record. If it fails to make sense that means it sucks as a concept record.

For example, let me use I Used to Love H.E.R. as an example. Someone might hear the entire song and not even get what's its really about til Common says its about hip hop at the end. But once he says that you'll go "ooohhhh" and everything will start to make sense and fall into place. Everything he has been saying will make sense as a part of the metaphor. Budden tries to make a concept record and even if he tells you what its about it still doesn't make any sense. That's why it sucks conceptually.

If I had to guess I'd say you probably looked up what the song was supposed to be about online and automatically assumed it was dope because "people can't understand it". But its not about being too complex for someone, its just there's nothing there to understand. How do you describe in detail how you met a girl and fucked her and then expect us to believe the girl is a metaphor for you? I can't see anyone besides a Budden fanboy thinking this is dope conceptually. And at that point I have to question your interpretation skills.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2011, 11:00:36 PM »
A "couple" related lines? The entire song is about himself lol. He hints that it's himself in each verse. I'll admit I didn't know it was about him the first few listens, but then the lines that hint that he's talking about himself didn't apply to it if it was about an actual girl, so I went back & when you put it all together, you realize it's about him. I don't see what isn't dope about that besides the artist that made the song. ::)

& while this thread too has spiraled out of control, I can make this point without getting too much further off topic then it's already gotten. As I said on DBA & earlier in this thread, Joe only comes up when you guys have to resort to bringing him up. I pointed out Lil' B is a pretty poor rapper & you guys RAN to bring up Joe Budden; pathetic. Now you're calling out a pretty dope song & acting like it's a stupid idea when we all know if Immortal Technique made the song, it could do no wrong & this is supposedly me being defensive lol.

Funny how this mostly happens during a Gucci or Lil' B related thread, showing how weak of an argument you guys have to "defend" (gotta love that word) them. Because that's what you're doing right? You're defending an artist you like? Sadly though, the method taken in this thread is bringing up another artist who doesn't relate. & if you don't like him, then you REALLY have no business being in this thread taking it that much further off the topic of B's LP lol.

Completely absurd. They should ban all discussion of Joe Budden's music on this & DBA's forum lmao. Then I'm the one whose "ignorantly, elitistly, absurdly-biasedly formulated an opinion" on Lil' B. ::)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2011, 11:15:38 PM »
A "couple" related lines? The entire song is about himself lol. He hints that it's himself in each verse. I'll admit I didn't know it was about him the first few listens, but then the lines that hint that he's talking about himself didn't apply to it if it was about an actual girl, so I went back & when you put it all together, you realize it's about him. I don't see what isn't dope about that besides the artist that made the song. ::)

& while this thread too has spiraled out of control, I can make this point without getting too much further off topic then it's already gotten. As I said on DBA & earlier in this thread, Joe only comes up when you guys have to resort to bringing him up. I pointed out Lil' B is a pretty poor rapper & you guys RAN to bring up Joe Budden; pathetic. Now you're calling out a pretty dope song & acting like it's a stupid idea when we all know if Immortal Technique made the song, it could do no wrong & this is supposedly me being defensive lol.

Funny how this mostly happens during a Gucci or Lil' B related thread, showing how weak of an argument you guys have to "defend" (gotta love that word) them. Because that's what you're doing right? You're defending an artist you like? Sadly though, the method taken in this thread is bringing up another artist who doesn't relate. & if you don't like him, then you REALLY have no business being in this thread taking it that much further off the topic of B's LP lol.

Completely absurd. They should ban all discussion of Joe Budden's music on this & DBA's forum lmao. Then I'm the one whose "ignorantly, elitistly, absurdly-biasedly formulated an opinion" on Lil' B. ::)

I'm sorry do these lines make any sense to you if he's talking about himself???

She don't got a name so for now let's call her ashley
Had her gym clothes on, seen her when she passed me
Met her up at Exxon, her body was the nicest
Cursin up a storm, she complainin bout the prices
She just left Toronto, for Jerz bought a condo

Gave me the ass the first night, and I gladly tossed it
The best part was I aint have to ask for it
Her period dont ever come in, when i dick her down
She always runnin but she be callin my name

She like to scream so the neighbors might hear her
For some reason liked it in front of the mirror

This line makes no sense unless he's screaming and jacking off in front of a mirror. Which I'm fairly sure he's not intending to say.

I tap it, though she below my average it deceives me
She be talkin marriage sayin she'll never leave me

Too good for himself?

I be wantin to strangle her, throw her off the balcony
Dangle her, mangle her, how long have I carried this anger for
How come when we argue, we gotta get physical
we crucial conflict, she end up in critical
Habitual, happens daily like its her ritual

Okay I guess this quote could make sense if he's meaning to tell us he hits and chokes himself all the time.

Apologize for anything that she did
said without me, she cant think of no reason to live
said she'll miss gettin piped down

awww, he's gonna miss spanking his monkey....

she said i love you, and hugged me, took her pants off,
and proceded to fuck me.

I guess he's masturbating again? lmao fuck outta here

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2011, 11:32:20 PM »
He's talking about his old self though, not like some current alter-ego self. Kinda like how on Eminem's "My Darling" he's talking to a voice in head that's the old Slim Shady.

You're taking each line in a super literal sense. Like the mirror line is just he sees the reflection of himself. The marriage line is how his old self won't leave him. The "choking himself" bars is how he hates himself.

The entire song is about him dealing with his past depression, how he acted like a bitch & how even though he fights with it & wants to get rid of that part of his life it always comes back & "fucks him".

Look man, I've understood this for quite a while now lol; you & a select few REFUSE to give Joe Budden props for anything at all; the message has been driven home time & time again. You have nothing to worry about. Given that Slaughterhouse doesn't make that much noise on Shady, Joe Budden will never get any props from a high majority of people. He will forever stay in that negative light that you guys so desperately try to portray him in; it's fine.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2011, 11:41:03 PM »
He's talking about his old self though, not like some current alter-ego self. Kinda like how on Eminem's "My Darling" he's talking to a voice in head that's the old Slim Shady.

You're taking each line in a super literal sense. Like the mirror line is just he sees the reflection of himself. The marriage line is how his old self won't leave him. The "choking himself" bars is how he hates himself.

The entire song is about him dealing with his past depression, how he acted like a bitch & how even though he fights with it & wants to get rid of that part of his life it always comes back & "fucks him".

Look man, I've understood this for quite a while now lol; you & a select few REFUSE to give Joe Budden props for anything at all; the message has been driven home time & time again. You have nothing to worry about. Given that Slaughterhouse doesn't make that much noise on Shady, Joe Budden will never get any props from a high majority of people. He will forever stay in that negative light that you guys so desperately try to portray him in; it's fine.

Its an extremely weak attempt at a concept song. Its not just literally, the lines don't make sense figuratively either. You can't talk about meeting a girl at a gas station from Canada and expect people to believe its about you. Budden's old self isn't from Canada. Nor did he meet it at a gas station. If I really have to do any more to show you how it fails then you're a lost cause. You clearly don't understand what makes great concept songs great in the first place. Its not about lyrics being "hard to understand." Its about them having a connection to the subject being expressed.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:43:23 PM by THE RAPTURE »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2011, 12:03:38 AM »

Al Bundy

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2011, 02:24:08 AM »

Al Bundy

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2011, 02:27:08 AM »

Sikotic™

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2011, 03:50:14 PM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Al Bundy

« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2011, 02:25:18 PM »
Lil B - Red Flame Evil Devil Edition

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=263796.0

Prof@ssor

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2011, 04:23:24 PM »
Joe Budden is a cool dude, but as an artist his voice and flow are so boring. I tried so many times to give him a listen, and although his lyrics are interesting sometimes, he's just not interesting.

Why is he constantly crying like a bitch? He became successful at age 23 and fucked some of the hottest women, why whine all the time? Is somebody in his family very ill? Or is he ill himself? Does he have financial issues? Was he abused as a kid? I just don't get it... I think he suffers from continuous ''weltschmerz''.

As for Lil B, he has some talent and is hilarious, but the nose ring and clothes he wears are really gay.

Al Bundy

« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2011, 04:58:21 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6CFxQphCAgA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6CFxQphCAgA</a>