Author Topic: Blueprint to get Dr. Dre back on track  (Read 2443 times)

Will_B

Re: Blueprint to get Dr. Dre back on track
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2011, 01:38:14 AM »
Lol.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 02:23:56 AM by OG Will_B »

Raphael

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2011, 02:17:36 AM »

02 - Kush (Medicated Remix)
featuring Snoop Dogg & Gil Scott Heron
written by:  Dr.  Dre, Snoop Dogg, & Jay Z
produced by:  Dr.  Dre & Sounwave

ha random but i would love to see that.

Will_B

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2011, 02:22:54 AM »
Go listen to "The Resistance," "Fancy," "Uptown," "Up All Nite," "The Calm," "Do It All," "Put It Down," "Ashton Martin Music," "Miss Me," "In My Business," "Right Above It," "It's Been A Pleasure" just to name A FEW -- Drake is a hitmaker and his lyrics are dope......

The Resistance

"I avoided the Coke game and went with Sprite instead"

"'I"m just trying to stay on. Get my fucking buffett on"

:puke:

love33

« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2011, 10:49:17 AM »
Sales matter more than anything -- that's the reason Detox HASNT dropped!
Low Sales is like a major movie at the box office flopping!

Onblast

• Lil Geezy
  • west coastzilla
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2011, 02:31:28 PM »
I'm sorry but I dont think people are checking for Dre any more. He has been bullshiting for too long. I think he is just lazy. Oh well
My sister wants to kill herself because of Bieber lossing Grammy lol
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cLVmWCu-PvM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cLVmWCu-PvM</a>

Jimmy H.

« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2011, 10:53:59 PM »
Comparing a record flopping to a movie flopping. Tremendous analogy. Detox hasn't dropped because Dre hasn't finished it yet. 

love33

« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2011, 11:22:04 PM »
Comparing a record flopping to a movie flopping. Tremendous analogy. Detox hasn't dropped because Dre hasn't finished it yet. 

I thought he finished it in 2003?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2011, 11:38:57 PM »
Sales matter more than anything

Stop.

I guess you're top five goes Eminem, Lil' Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj & Kanye lol.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2011, 12:28:18 AM »
I thought he finished it in 2003?
Well, I guess you thought wrong.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2011, 12:56:29 AM »
FYI, this might deserve a thread of its own and I dont know if its been posted already, but I Need A Doctor slipped HUGE this week, all the way to the mid 30s, WOW! I don't think i've ever seen a song go straight into the charts with so much buzz at #5 and drop SO much in its second week. Pretty pathetic on Universal/Interscope's half if you ask me. Really, I only know like 2 or 3 people who know this track, so way to go Universal. Once again, promo = success in 2011.
From today's USA Today....

Eminem, who grabbed two trophies after leading the pack with 10 nominations, turned in a pair of showstopping numbers that lifted his Recovery album 60%. The new I Need a Doctor, with Dr. Dre and Skylar Grey, sold 283,000 copies, up 172%, and advanced 11 slots to No. 3. Love the Way You Lie, performed with Rihanna, sold 67,000, up 52%.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2011, 03:31:43 AM »
sales dont mean shit when it comes to how good a rapper is, orhow good an album is.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2011, 06:14:26 AM »
FYI, this might deserve a thread of its own and I dont know if its been posted already, but I Need A Doctor slipped HUGE this week, all the way to the mid 30s, WOW! I don't think i've ever seen a song go straight into the charts with so much buzz at #5 and drop SO much in its second week. Pretty pathetic on Universal/Interscope's half if you ask me. Really, I only know like 2 or 3 people who know this track, so way to go Universal. Once again, promo = success in 2011.
From today's USA Today....

Eminem, who grabbed two trophies after leading the pack with 10 nominations, turned in a pair of showstopping numbers that lifted his Recovery album 60%. The new I Need a Doctor, with Dr. Dre and Skylar Grey, sold 283,000 copies, up 172%, and advanced 11 slots to No. 3. Love the Way You Lie, performed with Rihanna, sold 67,000, up 52%.

I read a bunch of shit yesterday saying it was at #4 on the charts this week, and I went and looked and it was indeed at #4. Real strange since I looked on Tuesday and it was all the way in the 30s. Someone fucked up. Anyways, I guess i'll have to take all my Universal talk back then, but I still feel that if they're going to have this as the first big single then they gotta promote it to NO end.

unclsean

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2011, 06:57:48 AM »
why u thinkin he needs help? his shit gonna sell regardless of what he drops...whether you and i like the shit he puts out or not, its going to sell!
http://www.reallionnaire.blogspot.com

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2011, 09:07:02 AM »
People can talk all they want about Dre having to release a certain kind of music to sell. But the bottom line is that if Kanye can release a mainstream album that I like, then Dre should be able to as well. Unless he simply doesn't have it anymore. Its just hard to believe that after a 20+ career of being on top, it took him less than 2 years to completely fall the fuck off.

89-07....hip hop has gone through so many changes and different eras of music during this period. And somehow Dre stayed relevant.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »
And he still remains relevant. The people who like the new song are listening and it's doing well and those who hate it seem to be flooding this forum with their armchair A&R/executive theories about how the "young kids" aren''t feeling his music like they have their fucking fingers on the pulse of the youth market.