Author Topic: Slim Shady LP + EP appreciation thread  (Read 1016 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Slim Shady LP + EP appreciation thread
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2011, 10:43:03 AM »
i hate Haileys song lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lucifuge

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2011, 02:24:04 AM »
 I give Encore so many chances, but i never can get into that album 
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 02:36:09 AM »

Never Enough
Yellow Brick Road
Like Toy Soldiers
Rainman
Mockingbird
Spend Some Time
Encore

Are the standouts for me on that album, but yeah half of it was just trash

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 11:12:36 AM »

Never Enough
Yellow Brick Road
Like Toy Soldiers
Rainman
Mockingbird
Spend Some Time
Encore

i like theProof song but thats it       
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2011, 02:40:54 AM »
SSLP>MMLP>The Eminem Show>Relapse>Encore>Recovery
I agree with this order. Only small change is that I can't decide between TES and Relapse. I think I like those about equally. Recovery clearly his weakest to me. Encore has major  MAJOR weaknesses but is also a fun creative record that I mostly enjoy.

Actually, I might even like Relapse over TES. Need to listen to those albums again to decide.

SSLP will forever remain my favourite Eminem album. There's a rawness and an emotional quality to that record which I don't think he has come close to matching even though MMLP in many ways is a technically better album.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:49:48 AM by BlueSwan »

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 02:59:13 AM »
Eminem's SSLP style >> Your favourite rapper >> Justin Bieber >> Eminem's most annoying accent on Relapse >> >> Eminem shouting every damn syllable on Recovery >> Getting kicked in the nuts while listening to Justin Bieber's "Eenie Meenie" on repeat >>>> Eminem "singing"

And this is coming from an Eminem fan. I don't think I've ever made it through "Hailie's Song".

Besides the flawless flow Eminem can't seem to get it right these days. He overused the accents on Encore and especially Relapse, then realized that people hated it. Then he dropped that nice verse on "Forever" which everybody liked and then for some reason Eminem decided that he had to shout his way through every verse after that (when his Forever verse wasn't really shouting to begin with).

I really don't like Recovery, but at least his verse on "No Love" was flames. Can't stand the style he employs on "Love The Way You Lie" and "I Need A Doctor".

Lucifuge

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2011, 07:07:58 AM »

Never Enough
Yellow Brick Road
Like Toy Soldiers
Rainman
Mockingbird
Spend Some Time
Encore

Yea got some shine momments but, that mommenst aint enough
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2011, 07:14:35 AM »
Eminem's SSLP style >> Your favourite rapper >> Justin Bieber >> Eminem's most annoying accent on Relapse >> >> Eminem shouting every damn syllable on Recovery >> Getting kicked in the nuts while listening to Justin Bieber's "Eenie Meenie" on repeat >>>> Eminem "singing"

And this is coming from an Eminem fan. I don't think I've ever made it through "Hailie's Song".

Besides the flawless flow Eminem can't seem to get it right these days. He overused the accents on Encore and especially Relapse, then realized that people hated it. Then he dropped that nice verse on "Forever" which everybody liked and then for some reason Eminem decided that he had to shout his way through every verse after that (when his Forever verse wasn't really shouting to begin with).

I really don't like Recovery, but at least his verse on "No Love" was flames. Can't stand the style he employs on "Love The Way You Lie" and "I Need A Doctor".
I did make it through Hailie´s Song, but I smoked a lotta dope back in '04/´05.. only track i really like is spacebound from Recovery though.. I prefer silly accent Em over serious Em anyday.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2011, 06:23:29 AM »

I did make it through Hailie´s Song, but I smoked a lotta dope back in '04/´05.. only track i really like is spacebound from Recovery though.. I prefer silly accent Em over serious Em anyday.
Infact, you were smoking so much that you forgot that Hailie's Song is from 2002.  8)

Portugoal

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2011, 06:39:01 AM »
Kids, I thought this thread is about SSEP & SSLP?

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2011, 01:34:51 PM »

Infact, you were smoking so much that you forgot that Hailie's Song is from 2002.  8)

Please don´t expect me to remember all the years specifically. But funny though, I´m from 1990 so I just then began listening to the music and understanding it really.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2011, 08:42:59 AM »
 he really needs to go back to this style...for real.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2011, 05:38:08 PM »
eminem was at his best on the eminem show.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2011, 05:06:04 AM »
SSLP and MMLP is a cloooooose call the personally id go with SSLP as it dosent have 'kim' on and bizarre dosent feature

both great ablums though

Portugoal

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2011, 06:17:01 AM »
eminem was at his best on the eminem show.

No offense, but can you explain to me why you say that? A lot of people seem to feel that way, but for me that album marked the beginning of Eminem's downfall (in terms of making quality music). I thought TES was a wack ass album, not nearly as good as MMLP and especially SSLP.