Author Topic: (Video) Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor  (Read 6303 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: I Need A Doctor Video
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »
i think that most people who are hating @ dre at the moment are stuck in the past. they need to realize that dre is a whole different peroson now. what do u expect ? that hes gonna do a nother nuthing but a g thang song and video ?, or a next next episode one with all the g´s(dogg pound etc) in it ?? ...its 2011 and honestly people dont want thinks like that anymore....what sells is that pop shit, for example with eminem or rihanna etc.
of course there is his hardcore straight gangsta fanbase, but we are so few that it makes no sense to create an cd that we love, another chronic 2001 with dpg, X, hitman, knoc etc etc ...that will never happen again.

We aren't asking for another Chronic or 2001. What sold back then was pop shit as well, and those songs are pretty commercial compared to their time.

Dre has been known for coming with his own commercial sound and taking over the mainstream. I'm all for that and I've been expecting his music to sound pop. However he didn't even produce his own single. Instead he has a generic Alex da Kid beat, of which we already have plenty and Dre's happens to be the worst.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: (Video) Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2011, 06:14:03 PM »
It's actually a dope video.  Dre is reflecting back on his career, remembering the good ole' days when he was a dynamic, innovative artist, but now he's frustrated because he knows he's washed up and doesn't have it anymore.  Some people take to the bottle and drink away the pain, but Dre deals with the pain by driving really recklessly fast, yo!  So he gets in a car crash and dies.  Fast forward "years later" and Eminem shows up and starts rapping to Dre about how much Dre means to him (Em is such a sweetheart, wouldn't you say?).  Meanwhile, Dre is stillborn in one of those full-body-submersed-in-liquid life support units ala Luke Skywalker at the beginning of The Empire Strikes Back.  Oh, and Em is still rapping to Dre about how much he means to him because Eminem just loooves Dre so much.  Throughout all this, a female ghost floats in the air and sings about how she's going to lose her mind.  But don't fret!  Dre comes back to life via futuristic technology thanks to some really skilled doctors even though now he looks more like the Six Million Dollar Man, bionically reinvigorated.  Even so, he's still haunted by his past accomplishments, meaning he's come full circle but likewise has made peace with it.  We can see this because he goes to visit Eazy's grave as the sun sets during Golden Hour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_hour_(photography)).  He smiles peacefully.

Cool story bro. Thanks for summing up what everyone just watched.

I'd say this is the best Dre video I've seen. This could have been an epic moment if only it was a good song.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2011, 06:14:57 PM »
2 words : MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD CHIIIIIILS

The D.O.C and

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2011, 06:24:53 PM »
Is it just me or does this version sound different? Even more watered down? Sounds like Dre re-did his vocals, maybe both of them, and the beat was re-mixed. Or maybe I just haven't listened to it enough to know.

Stan

« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »
I don't think that will be his main single though... just a warm-up.

Nah, it's the first single.

I dunno, I read somewhere (probably here) that Dre was going to do six videos.  Hopefully he will have a bigger better Dre-produced track that will smash on this one.  Still awesome video, the montages were sicc.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2011, 06:30:27 PM »
Tha video is tight. It does give u chills a bit. Dre gets a bit personal in this music video. U see classic music video footage along with some personal footage. Snap images and footage of those dear to Dre from The DOC, Snoop, Eminem, some of his family members, his wife, his beloved brother, Eazy, and even 2Pac. I love the video.

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2011, 06:30:38 PM »
Great video !  ;D
Mediocre song.  ;)

I think someone forgot to add the part where Jimmy Iovine appears from behind a rock and with remote control in hand and presses the button which sends Dre's car spiraling....in the opening montage.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2011, 06:33:24 PM »
LOL  @people calling this video dope, vid was actually good until the music started then it was some homo shit with EM and a workout vid with Dre
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2011, 06:46:25 PM »
It's actually a dope video.  Dre is reflecting back on his career, remembering the good ole' days when he was a dynamic, innovative artist, but now he's frustrated because he knows he's washed up and doesn't have it anymore.  Some people take to the bottle and drink away the pain, but Dre deals with the pain by driving really recklessly fast, yo!  So he gets in a car crash and dies.  Fast forward "years later" and Eminem shows up and starts rapping to Dre about how much Dre means to him (Em is such a sweetheart, wouldn't you say?).  Meanwhile, Dre is stillborn in one of those full-body-submersed-in-liquid life support units ala Luke Skywalker at the beginning of The Empire Strikes Back.  Oh, and Em is still rapping to Dre about how much he means to him because Eminem just loooves Dre so much. Throughout all this, a female ghost floats in the air and sings about how she's going to lose her mind.  But don't fret!  Dre comes back to life via futuristic technology thanks to some really skilled doctors even though now he looks more like the Six Million Dollar Man, bionically reinvigorated.  Even so, he's still haunted by his past accomplishments, meaning he's come full circle but likewise has made peace with it.  We can see this because he goes to visit Eazy's grave as the sun sets during Golden Hour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_hour_(photography)).  He smiles peacefully.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall of the director's pitch meeting just to see the look on people's faces!

men singing love songs  to men......

Ken Kaniff is a real person.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 06:48:04 PM by Smackdog »
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2011, 06:48:02 PM »
 :o

Wow!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2011, 06:50:43 PM »
I liked it.  

Skylar Grey is supposed to be the spirit of hip-hop.  Not too complicated folks.

Also, some of it reminds me of 50 Cent's Get Up video, near the end of it he find both Dre & Em locked up in frozen units.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

shu

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2011, 07:01:56 PM »
I liked it.  

Skylar Grey is supposed to be the spirit of hip-hop.  Not too complicated folks.

Also, some of it reminds me of 50 Cent's Get Up video, near the end of it he find both Dre & Em locked up in frozen units.
lmao it's a joke the worst thing in this video  it looks like a shadow girl in the spirit of Dr dre NOT the spirit of hip hop !

PG.

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2011, 07:11:52 PM »
I personally like this song a lot and I think the video is cool but its too long and people would lose intrest in it quick since it takes forever for the song to start
Follow Me On Twitter @officialpg
Circle Me On Google +
https://plus.google.com/103297398275721196239

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2011, 07:14:05 PM »
eminem is on a whole different level

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.