Author Topic: (Video) Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor  (Read 6298 times)

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: (Video) Dr. Dre - I Need A Doctor
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2011, 07:44:06 AM »
sign up to the official Dr. Dre site, and they send you these emails. naturally there haven't been too many  :P but got one or two when Kush dropped, and now same again with INAD

Cool ! Thanks. So I guess they still are aiming for an April release....

Kendrick Lamar mentioned in an interview over the weekend that they were still aiming for april too...

Interesting.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2011, 07:47:06 AM »
sign up to the official Dr. Dre site, and they send you these emails. naturally there haven't been too many  :P but got one or two when Kush dropped, and now same again with INAD

Cool ! Thanks. So I guess they still are aiming for an April release....

Kendrick Lamar mentioned in an interview over the weekend that they were still aiming for april too...

Interesting.

was that the one with Devi Dev?

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2011, 07:48:47 AM »

Bomb-A®

« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2011, 07:54:20 AM »
Man, this makes the Kush video look and sound so so much better.

Stan

« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2011, 07:55:13 AM »
So... in 2001 after his latest album, he gets motivation from thinking about his career and rushes back to a studio to get down again?  Then he crashes?  Is that the deal?  Last image before crash was Eazy shooting.

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2011, 08:00:14 AM »
Excellent video....then at the end when he visits eazy tombstone :'(
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Blood$

« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2011, 08:05:59 AM »
Video is very nice but the track still sucks. Nothing wrong with the content but Dre's awkward verse, Em screaming, terrible Alex Da Kid production.... I just hop this ends up an iTunes bonus track or something. Kush was and still is a pure 2011 Dre banger.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2011, 08:50:58 AM »
lol, 6 pages already for a wack Dre song  :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

i can see many of you's ending your life with the impending flop of detox... RIP Stans.  :banana_rock: :banana_rock:
but why are you still posting here then? isn't there a new forum?

sounds like a relapse to me

We have hopes of saving this forum. I still have faith that one day we can have discussions about west coast music that's actually coming out

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2011, 09:01:37 AM »
The fact that everybody likes this video due to the "flashbacks" to Dre's younger days demonstrates that Dre should go back to that, which is what he's good at.  I mean, people are reacting to the flashbacks rather than the contemporary-sounding song itself.  That's more evidence that Interscope is mistaken if they think people want Dre to become a 2011 metrosexual pop star.  But it's pretty much hopeless at this point.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Will_B

« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2011, 09:04:32 AM »
The fact that everybody likes this video due to the "flashbacks" to Dre's younger days demonstrates that Dre should go back to that, which is what he's good at.  I mean, people are reacting to the flashbacks rather than the contemporary-sounding song itself.  That's more evidence that Interscope is mistaken if they think people want Dre to become a 2011 metrosexual pop star.  But it's pretty much hopeless at this point.

By 'people' you mean lamerz on this forum?

EnzoUK

« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2011, 09:06:15 AM »
This is a great video i aint gonna lie, but its really not what i wanna see coming from Dre. Just the entire style of it, gym scene at the end wasn't exactly fitting either..

I think this would serve at the intro to detox, since it's talking about the return of dre and getting him back on his feet and getting him to come back, and in the final verse he does & the album will carry on from that, although a number of producers have claimed the intro track to detox already.

I still believe "The Next Episode" is the best rap video ever and Dre should go back to that style, forget this pop'e genetic mainstream sounding bullshit. When i think of a dr dre track, i aint gonna think of this track. the anticipation alone of this album should be enough to make it sell.

This is DETOX, 2001 pt.2. no one wants Skylar Gray singing and eminem shouting, we want Dr.Dre's signiture sound.

/rant
Twitter: @EnzoUK

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2011, 09:26:53 AM »
Very cool video, great concept

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2011, 09:32:09 AM »
I still believe "The Next Episode" is the best rap video ever

what makes you say that?

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2011, 09:41:35 AM »
Nice video. Intro is fucked up though. It's fucked up cuz it's so real. That's probably how Dre feels in real life too. Sad and insecure, thinking back on the years when he still had the inspiration to produce all these classic hip hop tracks.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2011, 10:09:39 AM »
Video was incredible to say the least