Author Topic: Young Dro Interview  (Read 87 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Young Dro Interview
« on: February 25, 2011, 05:49:18 PM »
http://illuminati2g.com/site/2011/02/25/young-dro-interview/

I2G kicked it with Grand Hustle’s own, Young Dro for a exclusive interview. We discuss his new mixtape, Equestrian Dro, which you can download below, his new album, the state of Grand Hustle with TI in jail and much more so check it out.

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/13282/young_dro_equestrian_dro.html

Illuminati 2G is here with Young Dro, how’s it going?

It’s going good man. Got the new album coming out this year, late spring. So it is going to be a real big deal.

That leads right into my first question. You have 2 new singles out entitled Check Out My Swag and Coo. Tell me a little bit about the tracks.

Actually Travis Barker did the Check Out My Swag track. Lil C Gutta did the Coo track featuring Mac Boney and 5 Mics. We are just letting the streets know that we are gearing up and we are going to keep feeding music to them prior to the album.

Is there any details that you can give about your new album?

Yeah, we have appearances from Bobby Valentino, T.I., Jose Guapo, C Gutta, Swizz Beatz, it’s a different look towards what I want to go for in the future, more so then the last album. This album here is pretty much written and directed like a movie. It’s has alot of content in it that deals with life issues.

Do you have a release date set for the album?

It was set for 4/20, which is the national weed holiday, but by me being Dro, my album coming out on 4/20 would be very clever. I believe I am going to release on a different day though now because the paperwork with E1 and Atlantic is just now getting into motion and it will be released on a major.

We are not going to release it as a independent, as E1 and Atlantic merged on this project.

Well that is good to hear, especially with everything that has been going on with T.I. that Grand Hustle is still moving forward and you are still putting out projects. Because it had seemed for a minute there after he had his legal problems, the state of the label might be up in the air but it’s good to hear you all are still putting out music.

Yeah, once we start putting out music like before, we will be fine. Even the time when he went in before and I was shooting my video for Take Off and 2 other videos, I always stayed working. Whether he was in jail or not, and this last time I did the Freeze Me video and another video as well so it is never to the point that I am on pause because my homeboy is in a little bit of trouble.

I mean we have been in the streets and the money has never stopped being made. He will be home shortly though.

Do you have any videos set to drop from the album?

Yeah we have alot of videos that are going to be shot, and people are going to be able to see the many different sides of Young Dro or the person behind the music. It is going to be alot of things that people did not know alot about me, is going to be available in these virals that we shoot. Some will also be on my upcoming mixtape that I have coming out soon.

When is the mixtape going to drop?

That should be out in 2 weeks.

Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

I have been on the road since 2006 man. We do around 10 to 13 shows a month and it is good to be around and doing it and being relevent and people still want to see Dro and hear Dro. I take that to heart and I am really thankful for that.

What is your website information?

www.twitter.com/dropolo. My facebook page is right now being reconstructed, so I can have alot of personal friends that I grew up with, because their kids like my music also.

Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

I want to give a shoutout to all the bloggers out there, that is keeping the whole momentum going about hip hop, and the fashion in hip hop today. Shout out to Strivers Row, and the bloggers that talk about real life and all my hipsters. I want to give a shoutout to everyone that keeps the movement moving and keeps it hot. The album comes out late spring and it is called Polo Players Only Live Once.

Lunatic

Re: Young Dro Interview
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 06:10:28 PM »
Dope read
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Young Dro Interview
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 06:17:10 PM »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.