Author Topic: The Official "I'm Only Gonna Download Detox" Thread  (Read 6691 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: The Official "I'm Only Gonna Download Detox" Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2011, 05:20:59 PM »
No you dyslexic fuck,  YOU'RE the one from Europe supporting OUR new west artists.  Why the fuck would I imply in any way that new west artists come from Europe?  Use a lil common sense fam.  Now I see how our concept really confused the shit out of you.  I'll try to draw up a pie chart for you next time.  
I'm from Massachusetts, partner. Maybe you qualify "New" England as being part of Europe but geographically, you're a little off. And it wasn't the concept that confused me. I can understand boycotting music you don't like. What I don't get is what you're hoping to acheive in the long run. If your boycott helped to change the musical direction of the project, it would make sense but as it now exists, you're basically agreeing to dedicate your time to download an album you think is shitty, spread it to many as people as possible, and have them do the same. So basically you're pushing music you don't enjoy to what you hope will be legions of people. Obstensively creating a greater awareness of the product and indirectly leading to more sales. A wiser boycott would aim to change the direction of the project before it's finished and released. With your way, nothing is acheived. You're basically wasting your own time and money trying to delay the inevitable. I undersatnd it's a comedy thread but humor can have a brain from time to time.  

And pie charts generally measure percentages so I'd love to see how that simplifies the explanation of your concept's desired result.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:24:09 PM by Jimmy H. »

Prof@ssor

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2011, 05:59:33 PM »
Signed lol

Who's that in your sig?(thread starter)

The lovely lady in my sig is just some model chick promoting Nike Air Max, one of my favorite shoe lines. I did see her name at one point but I can't remember,  I'll let you know if I stumble across it.

Justen Jaro is the name, too bad her nose & boobs are fake. But I'd still hit it of course.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2011, 06:34:26 PM »
Signed lol

The lovely lady in my sig is just some model chick promoting Nike Air Max, one of my favorite shoe lines. I did see her name at one point but I can't remember,  I'll let you know if I stumble across it.

Justen Jaro is the name, too bad her nose & boobs are fake. But I'd still hit it of course.
How about the girl in your sig?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2011, 07:14:59 PM »
No you dyslexic fuck,  YOU'RE the one from Europe supporting OUR new west artists.  Why the fuck would I imply in any way that new west artists come from Europe?  Use a lil common sense fam.  Now I see how our concept really confused the shit out of you.  I'll try to draw up a pie chart for you next time.  
I'm from Massachusetts, partner. Maybe you qualify "New" England as being part of Europe but geographically, you're a little off. And it wasn't the concept that confused me. I can understand boycotting music you don't like. What I don't get is what you're hoping to acheive in the long run. If your boycott helped to change the musical direction of the project, it would make sense but as it now exists, you're basically agreeing to dedicate your time to download an album you think is shitty, spread it to many as people as possible, and have them do the same. So basically you're pushing music you don't enjoy to what you hope will be legions of people. Obstensively creating a greater awareness of the product and indirectly leading to more sales. A wiser boycott would aim to change the direction of the project before it's finished and released. With your way, nothing is acheived. You're basically wasting your own time and money trying to delay the inevitable. I undersatnd it's a comedy thread but humor can have a brain from time to time.  

And pie charts generally measure percentages so I'd love to see how that simplifies the explanation of your concept's desired result.

Sikotic™

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2011, 07:22:39 PM »
No you dyslexic fuck,  YOU'RE the one from Europe supporting OUR new west artists.  Why the fuck would I imply in any way that new west artists come from Europe?  Use a lil common sense fam.  Now I see how our concept really confused the shit out of you.  I'll try to draw up a pie chart for you next time.   

With that kind of attitude, nothing would ever get changed.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

$oKhalifas

• 'G'
  • NOWTHAT$GANG$TA BKA $oCal P$ycho
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2011, 11:44:52 PM »

I hope this helps.  I'll be here Monday thru Friday during regular business hours if you have any further questions.

Please Jimmy, for the sake of the WEST, sign the petition.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2011, 12:46:44 AM »
NTG, you need a hobby, or a job, or something ::)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2011, 12:49:15 AM »
It's true! Internet fanboy cunts are the Cancer that killed Hiphop post-2000. You think you're Dre's biggest fan, true fanbase, or top listening demographic??

No. Dre is making music for people that actually BUY music. Fuck all you losers. 8)
What's funny is I can't see what the end game is. If they download it, the album already dropped so they haven't had any effect on the end result in terms of content. As the thread starter pointed out, Dre loses out on sales but he's "preposterously rich" but what about the younger West artists like Kendrick Lamar or Slim The Mobster who will lose the royalties from writing and/or appearing on it? Burning copies for everyone you know? So you want to give the music exposure, you just don't want to finacially support it? Boycotting music by spreading it to everyone you know? Seems like a smooth strategy to me.

But let's say, by the one in a million chance, your idea works and Detox flops, what do you actually think will happen? Do you think Interscope will realize they are an evil, money-hungry conglomerate and start pushing "real hip-hop" or perhaps look at the fact that while Dre flopped, his single with Eminem didn't and Em's last album was a massive hit and move even further in a different direction? Boycotting music you don't like is all gravy if it actually serves a bigger, realistic purpose but without an actual point, it's basically just like throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of a toy store. Detox failing isn't going to sink Interscope. It will just mean far less of their money going into projects at Aftermath and more going to Lady Gaga's side projects. 
what's funny is that the posters who often tell others to stop caring about Detox are signing this 'petition'.

anyway, interscope doesn't care about this petition. besides, the album will be all over the internet if it ever drops, even interscope knows that.

$oKhalifas

• 'G'
  • NOWTHAT$GANG$TA BKA $oCal P$ycho
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2011, 01:52:42 AM »

Buddy, ive had this account for 5 years now and barely over 100 posts. trust me, posting here is as far from a hobby as i can make it.

I live in southern Cali, have a couple sources of income as well as a job, drive a e350 and a nitro RT, smoke the finest cali kush and party with great friends and a dime of a wife.

you live in Scotland daydreaming of the shit i be doing on a daily basis.  the day you see me lingering around EuroRydaz.com will be the day you have an edge over me, mate.

i managed to spark valid conversation and at the same time irritate, aggravate and make a blatant mockery some of you hardcore detox stanleys in one big joke of a thread... all at your expense.

I take the win here, fam.  check and mate. 

Will_B

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2011, 01:59:00 AM »

Buddy, ive had this account for 5 years now and barely over 100 posts. trust me, posting here is as far from a hobby as i can make it.

I live in southern Cali, have a couple sources of income as well as a job, drive a e350 and a nitro RT, smoke the finest cali kush and party with great friends and a dime of a wife.

you live in Scotland daydreaming of the shit i be doing on a daily basis.  the day you see me lingering around EuroRydaz.com will be the day you have an edge over me, mate.

i managed to spark valid conversation and at the same time irritate, aggravate and make a blatant mockery some of you hardcore detox stanleys in one big joke of a thread... all at your expense.

Lol of course you do Bro. You pulled out that 'oh it was all a joke thread' card. Who can beat that? :kiss2:

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2011, 02:30:51 AM »
AH AH AH AH

signed . 

lol at people whining about folks downloading detox, come on , every fucking rap listener wants to hear what´s the outcome, i´m curious as hell about the album even if the two songs out are really not that great.  so i will download it , interscope is not having my money . dre is not going to starve because of this thread.

fanboys claim we´re butthurt because we dl this if it ever comes out but writing essays defending their master dre who didn´t even do shit on those two singles

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2011, 05:29:55 AM »
Signed lol

The lovely lady in my sig is just some model chick promoting Nike Air Max, one of my favorite shoe lines. I did see her name at one point but I can't remember,  I'll let you know if I stumble across it.

Thanks.
 And i'll find it hard to resist buying Detox cos iam a cd collector and a collection wouldnt seem right without the long awaited Detox. Just hope INAD is going to be the only bad track on the album.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:31:28 AM by KrazySumwhat »

Prof@ssor

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2011, 05:38:36 AM »
Signed lol

How about the girl in your sig?

check yo pm  8)

unclsean

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2011, 08:36:59 AM »
the start up of this thread is bullshit...why so negative right off that bat? You're sounding like a real hater bruh...for real :-\
http://www.reallionnaire.blogspot.com

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2011, 08:38:31 AM »

you point out that you live in southern cali as if it's an automatic win lol.

trust me, as wonderful as your life may be, it's never once entered my imagination.

i disagree about the valid conversation part - what you did was basically attempt to boycott an album which, to my knowledge, hasn't even been completed yet, so therefore you have no idea what it will sound like. 'hater' springs to mind. and it's a boycott which, as one or two other posters pointed out, is going to be essentially fruitless.

also, i feel neither irritated nor aggravated (since i'm guessing your including me as one of these Dre stans), i'm just in awe at how much effort you've put into something i find so ridiculous. so nothing at all has been at my expense, your the one wasting your time from what i can see.

take this as a win if you wish, it genuinely doesn't bother me in the slightest. in fact i'm pleased for you, if it's brightened your day just that little bit.