Author Topic: The Official "I'm Only Gonna Download Detox" Thread  (Read 6636 times)

Prof@ssor

Re: The Official "I'm Only Gonna Download Detox" Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2011, 10:58:25 AM »
This thread is pure comedy.  I think INAD is the wackest shit Dre has ever put out, but you guys are taking this way to personal.  People on this forum are mad at dre like he fucked your moms or something

I actually would be very pleased if HE ''did'' that, and not let Dj Khalil or Alex Da Kid do it. I also think we would all be very pleased if Dre for once would start DOING something instead of talking shit and selling shit.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2011, 11:02:25 AM »
this album isn't dropping in april
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Will_B

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2011, 11:03:53 AM »
This thread is pure comedy.  I think INAD is the wackest shit Dre has ever put out, but you guys are taking this way to personal.  People on this forum are mad at dre like he fucked your moms or something

If you buy Detox, you support a marketing strategy that forces good artists to put out horrible music. 2Pac Jesus would turn around in his grave if he heard I Need A Doctor.

If you download albums you force good artists to put out horrible music in order to increase the sales that are off-set by downloading

It's true! Internet fanboy cunts are the Cancer that killed Hiphop post-2000. You think you're Dre's biggest fan, true fanbase, or top listening demographic??

No. Dre is making music for people that actually BUY music. Fuck all you losers. 8)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2011, 11:09:06 AM »

If you buy Detox, you support a marketing strategy that forces good artists to put out horrible music. 2Pac Jesus would turn around in his grave if he heard I Need A Doctor.

If you download albums you force good artists to put out horrible music in order to increase the sales that are off-set by downloading

It's true! Internet fanboy cunts are the Cancer that killed Hiphop post-2000. You think you're Dre's biggest fan, true fanbase, or top listening demographic??

No. Dre is making music for people that actually BUY music. Fuck all you losers. 8)

you like the new Dre  single?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2011, 11:24:12 AM »

lol

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Will_B

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2011, 12:11:06 PM »

you like the new Dre  single?

I like it yes. It's ok. Might make my top 50 tracks this year so far. But don't trip.

Not related to my point though, of course 8)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2011, 01:51:09 PM »

What's funny is I can't see what the end game is. If they download it, the album already dropped so they haven't had any effect on the end result in terms of content. As the thread starter pointed out, Dre loses out on sales but he's "preposterously rich" but what about the younger West artists like Kendrick Lamar or Slim The Mobster who will lose the royalties from writing and/or appearing on it? Burning copies for everyone you know? So you want to give the music exposure, you just don't want to finacially support it? Boycotting music by spreading it to everyone you know? Seems like a smooth strategy to me.

But let's say, by the one in a million chance, your idea works and Detox flops, what do you actually think will happen? Do you think Interscope will realize they are an evil, money-hungry conglomerate and start pushing "real hip-hop" or perhaps look at the fact that while Dre flopped, his single with Eminem didn't and Em's last album was a massive hit and move even further in a different direction? Boycotting music you don't like is all gravy if it actually serves a bigger, realistic purpose but without an actual point, it's basically just like throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of a toy store. Detox failing isn't going to sink Interscope. It will just mean far less of their money going into projects at Aftermath and more going to Lady Gaga's side projects. 

Will_B

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2011, 02:00:07 PM »

What's funny is I can't see what the end game is. If they download it, the album already dropped so they haven't had any effect on the end result in terms of content. As the thread starter pointed out, Dre loses out on sales but he's "preposterously rich" but what about the younger West artists like Kendrick Lamar or Slim The Mobster who will lose the royalties from writing and/or appearing on it? Burning copies for everyone you know? So you want to give the music exposure, you just don't want to finacially support it? Boycotting music by spreading it to everyone you know? Seems like a smooth strategy to me.

But let's say, by the one in a million chance, your idea works and Detox flops, what do you actually think will happen? Do you think Interscope will realize they are an evil, money-hungry conglomerate and start pushing "real hip-hop" or perhaps look at the fact that while Dre flopped, his single with Eminem didn't and Em's last album was a massive hit and move even further in a different direction? Boycotting music you don't like is all gravy if it actually serves a bigger, realistic purpose but without an actual point, it's basically just like throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of a toy store. Detox failing isn't going to sink Interscope. It will just mean far less of their money going into projects at Aftermath and more going to Lady Gaga's side projects. 

The joke is the majority of people on the forum don't buy albums. They make out like it's a protest against Dre but in reality most are downloading everything anyway and not spending a cent on music.

So much for hip hops self proclaimed 'core fanbase' on dubcc. ::)

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2011, 02:57:59 PM »

The joke is the majority of people on the forum don't buy albums. They make out like it's a protest against Dre but in reality most are downloading everything anyway and not spending a cent on music.

So much for hip hops self proclaimed 'core fanbase' on dubcc. ::)

Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

Sikotic™

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2011, 04:04:58 PM »
He might as well have. My mom was a huge Dre fan until he started putting out garbage. Dre put my mom in depression AND he wants my money? Fuck that.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

REPDATWESTCOAST

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2011, 04:07:04 PM »
He might as well have. My mom was a huge Dre fan until he started putting out garbage. Dre put my mom in depression AND he wants my money? Fuck that.

lol

$oKhalifas

• 'G'
  • NOWTHAT$GANG$TA BKA $oCal P$ycho
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2011, 04:12:17 PM »

So now were supposed to care about Slim the Mobster's Detox royalties, LMFAO!!!!  That's fuckin' golden, bro.  @ this point, if you're not a white boy from Detroit, there's very little chance you're gonna be seeing handsome profits fuckin' with Dre... I see you Bishop, Busta, Eve, Rakim, Raekwon, Joel, Stat, etc...  People should know better by now and that's another reason not to support Detox sales.  So how about you just worry about your 9 to 5 handling the fry scoop and let the newcomers handle their biz, capiche mate?  You can still support the new west artists (from Europe) by directly buying their material.

Look mang, we starting a grass roots movement here and everybody else who signed this petition seems to have grasped the concept of it.  My final advice: Get down or lay down. Run wit' us or run from us.  Ride wit' us or collide wit' us.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2011, 04:25:54 PM »

So now were supposed to care about Slim the Mobster's Detox royalties, LMFAO!!!!  That's fuckin' golden, bro.  @ this point, if you're not a white boy from Detroit, there's very little chance you're gonna be seeing handsome profits fuckin' with Dre... I see you Bishop, Busta, Eve, Rakim, Raekwon, Joel, Stat, etc...  People should know better by now and that's another reason not to support Detox sales.  So how about you just worry about your 9 to 5 handling the fry scoop and let the newcomers handle their biz, capiche mate?  You can still support the new west artists (from Europe) by directly buying their material.

Look mang, we starting a grass roots movement here and everybody else who signed this petition seems to have grasped the concept of it.  My final advice: Get down or lay down. Run wit' us or run from us.  Ride wit' us or collide wit' us.

New West arists from Europe? That's pure comedy.

Lots of luck with changing the course of West Coast music by downloading Detox.

$oKhalifas

• 'G'
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2011, 04:34:50 PM »

New West arists from Europe? That's pure comedy.

Lots of luck with changing the course of West Coast music by downloading Detox.

No you dyslexic fuck,  YOU'RE the one from Europe supporting OUR new west artists.  Why the fuck would I imply in any way that new west artists come from Europe?  Use a lil common sense fam.  Now I see how our concept really confused the shit out of you.  I'll try to draw up a pie chart for you next time.   

$oKhalifas

• 'G'
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »

Who's that in your sig?(thread starter)

The lovely lady in my sig is just some model chick promoting Nike Air Max, one of my favorite shoe lines. I did see her name at one point but I can't remember,  I'll let you know if I stumble across it.