Author Topic: Eminem - Straight From The Vault EP (8 Tracks)  (Read 3361 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: Eminem - Straight From The Vault EP (8 Tracks)
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 05:25:28 PM »
thanks 8)

REPDATWESTCOAST

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 06:37:47 PM »
still to this day dont understand all the hype behind eminem. he gets so much hype (race involved) but as a rapper whats so special about him?
no matter what era you go off of, whats so special?

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »
thanks for this
+1

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »
So most of the stuff thats leaked is from the King Mathers sessions, where he was completely fucked up off medical drugs. Honestly, I know a lot of his "core fans" will probably hate this shit, but I like some of these "drugged-up" tracks way more than anything he's done (lyrically and flow-wise) since a LONG time (2002/2003). That GOAT song is crazy, and that outro where he basically quits rap would have been something if it had actually happened, though the cd as a whole would have probably gotten shit on by most (especially as a retirement album). You can see though he was pretty much ready to quit in '07 judging by all these leaks, and was ready to move on (FYI, later in the year he got so fucked up off of that shit it pretty much made him go into rehab and straighten himself out, thus scrapping this and going into something else - Relapse). He was going in on everyone (Jay, Kanye, Wayne, even some at 50, which were jokes, but still).

So this was the "fucked up" Eminem that everyone was talking about in '06/'07? Bout time we're hearing this, I've always wanted to hear this shit since hearing about in interviews. I'm reading a lot of people saying that had he dropped this it would have been career suicide, along with the drug/family problems, the Proof ordeal, and so on, but I think there's obviously a reason it never came out, and thats because it was pretty bad music in general (much worse than Encore material, in terms of quality). So I do agree with that though, that this album coming out (with him retiring or not) would have been a huge blow to his career, and he may have gotten even more fucked up after it. To anyone who hasn't heard any of this yet, check out GOAT and Its Been Real, as I believe they were to come one after the other and be the end to Em's career in '07. Mad Chills indeed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:37:57 PM by TDOT »

REPDATWESTCOAST

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »
So most of the stuff thats leaked is from the King Mathers sessions, where he was completely fucked up off medical drugs. Honestly, I know a lot of his "core fans" will probably hate this shit, but I like some of these "drugged-up" tracks way more than anything he's done (lyrically and flow-wise) since a LONG time (2002/2003). That GOAT song is crazy, and that outro where he basically quits raps would have been something, though the cd as a whole would have probably gotten shit on by most. You can see though he was pretty much ready to quit in '07 judging by all these leaks, making some of the shittiest, yet great at the same time (to me), music of his career (up until that point). He was going in on everyone (Jay, Kanye, Wayne, even some at 50, which were jokes, but still). So this was the "fucked up" Eminem that everyone was talking about in '06/'07. I'm reading a lot of people saying that had he dropped this it would have been career suicide, but I think there's obviously a reason it never came out.

you think his boss/mentor/brother/guidance counselor had heard all these and directed him to not do it? (thats dre btw.lol)

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 07:40:48 PM »
I edited my post to detail a little more of what I was saying, but if I remember correctly, everyone around him was concerned for his well-being and I think they didn't like the music he was making as well, but my memory's a little shady. Anyways, I do recall him saying in late '07 that he was considering retirement and he may or may not have one last album, which would tie right in with these leaks. He then overdosed on sleeping pills and that pretty much put the nail in the coffin for this project and that whole "fuck everyone" attitude. He supposedly was a "changed man" after that, but Relapse sounded like he was on more drugs than ever lol.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 07:44:34 PM »
What shots were at 50?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 07:46:10 PM »
still to this day dont understand all the hype behind eminem. he gets so much hype (race involved) but as a rapper whats so special about him?

just look at the original Cum On Everybody:

"i got bitches on my jock out in east detroit/
cuz they think that im a motherfuckin beastie boy
so i told em I was MIKE D
they was lioke "Gee, i dont know, he might be"
i told em meet me at the Rockfest Concert
I'll be standing by the lochness monster"
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »
What shots were at 50?

Honestly I don't know, but I was reading on some other site a bunch of people were calling him a fool for that, so I take it he did or maybe a subliminal. It would have clearly been a joke though, seeing as they did work in '07 and '06, and did some interviews together.

EDIT - I know one was something like "9 shots and you couldn't even give me a hook?"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 08:41:29 PM »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 08:45:47 PM »
yall need to go listen to the OLD eminem

lioke "watch deez"  "macosa"   "biterphobia" and "stir crazy"

the CLASSICS
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 12:31:44 AM »
thanks, most of the leaks are mediocre though

Lucifuge

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 12:45:53 AM »

Couse you dont know shit about music, and mcing thing. Go lisiting Lady gagga thats your shit ;)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 02:06:11 AM »
GOAT's beat is ill and Em comes decently.

He sounds nice over The Apple.

The rest of them are forgettable.  Those aren't really disses, just shots.  He was just annoyed he wasn't getting his props.

This, there's a reason a lot of this shit stayed in the vault. His flow over "I Get Money" was pretty dope, and it's good to finally get the full version of Emulate, I've had half of that track for years!

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »
yall need to go listen to the OLD eminem

lioke "watch deez"  "macosa"   "biterphobia" and "stir crazy"

the CLASSICS
.  Stfu nobody cares about that era of eminem except you