Author Topic: Official Raekwon "Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang" Album Discussion Thread  (Read 1515 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Official Raekwon "Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang" Album Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2011, 09:38:08 AM »
lol @ the heavy Wu backing in this thread.

Every other defense of every other artist is a "stan", but you can't be a "stan" of Wu..."that's stupid".

This forum never ceases to amaze me lol.

Wu is for the children. Budden is for the stans. Understand this principle and you will walk the path of enlightenment

Paul

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2011, 10:31:33 AM »
Action! Is coming Off as hater I'n this thread. He likes the album yet still talks shit??
funkyfreshintheflesh

Blood$

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2011, 01:48:23 PM »
Action! Is coming Off as hater I'n this thread. He likes the album yet still talks shit??

right lol he's a closet stan I'm telling you notice how he won't respond to what Spice2 asked him? and he just goes off-topic with other artists and random albums they put out

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2011, 05:23:27 PM »

right lol he's a closet stan I'm telling you notice how he won't respond to what Spice2 asked him? and he just goes off-topic with other artists and random albums they put out

I already posted the artists but you dumb mutherfuckas can't read.

Additionally, I have yet to criticize Raekwon's music.  I just called out a hypocrisy that I often see when it comes to the Wu.  I'm not the only one who sees it either. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »
The hypocrisy pretty much pertains to anything that came out in the 90s. I mean you have people critiquing slaughterhouse for not making sings but 85 percent of wu tangs group songs were just random verses thrown on a track together

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2011, 09:19:28 PM »
You mean Jay-Z, 50, Joe Budden, Nas? I thought you meant you didn't buy their albums.

I've never heard anyone criticize those artists for keep the same style, because they don't. Nas gets criticism for NOT dropping another illmatic. Jay-Z gets criticism, well for being Jay-Z and staying current with the times. Joe Budden gets criticized for being wack, and 50 gets criticized for going soft and NOT dropping another Get Rich or Die Tryin'. None of those artists have tried to remaking their classic sound (well Budden doesn't have a classic sound) or been successful at it. I don't see your point at all.

awol22222

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2011, 09:20:58 PM »
great album, just a notch below OB4CL2 IMO

Paul

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2011, 06:03:19 AM »
Wonder how long it would take for slaughterhouse to be brought up  ::)
funkyfreshintheflesh

doggfather

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2011, 07:04:49 AM »
Wonder how long it would take for slaughterhouse to be brought up  ::)

why?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2011, 07:28:19 AM »
You mean Jay-Z, 50, Joe Budden, Nas? I thought you meant you didn't buy their albums.

I've never heard anyone criticize those artists for keep the same style, because they don't. Nas gets criticism for NOT dropping another illmatic. Jay-Z gets criticism, well for being Jay-Z and staying current with the times. Joe Budden gets criticized for being wack, and 50 gets criticized for going soft and NOT dropping another Get Rich or Die Tryin'. None of those artists have tried to remaking their classic sound (well Budden doesn't have a classic sound) or been successful at it. I don't see your point at all.

Except 50 didn't go soft, his music has been, with the exception of 10 or so tracks, the same.  Again, Jay-Z switched up but when he does drop material that's in vein to reasonable doubt he's criticized (american gangster).  If you think Budden is wack that's your problem.  He's talented even if you don't like it. 
- Banks

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2011, 07:45:06 AM »
People can't just admit they don't like certain artists, they have to label them wack for some reason. I don't enjoy certain artists say for instance redman but I recognize the talent, he's just not for me. People look for some reason to hate an artist to justify it but in reality turn a blind eye to thier preferred artist for doing the same thing

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2011, 09:50:34 AM »

Except 50 didn't go soft, his music has been, with the exception of 10 or so tracks, the same.  Again, Jay-Z switched up but when he does drop material that's in vein to reasonable doubt he's criticized (american gangster).  If you think Budden is wack that's your problem.  He's talented even if you don't like it.  

Listen to any complaints about 50 and it will stem from him dissing Ja Rule and then turning into Ja Rule. He's clearly changed, otherwise that's not what everyone would be complaining about.

American Gangster? What are you smoking? That album got great reviews. Way better than his previous and following album.

I'm not saying Budden is wack. I'm saying the people who dislike him think he's wack and have always thought he's wack. We're talking about getting criticism for sticking to a particular style that people used to love. Budden doesn't have a style that people love.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2011, 09:52:06 AM »
So what this boils down to is Budden stans hurt that people love a Wu album. Pathetic. That beef was ages ago. Let it go and move on. You take the L for showing your hurt feelings, just like Budden took the L with a chin check.

Paul

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2011, 11:34:36 AM »
So what this boils down to is Budden stans hurt that people love a Wu album. Pathetic. That beef was ages ago. Let it go and move on. You take the L for showing your hurt feelings, just like Budden took the L with a chin check.

+1
funkyfreshintheflesh

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2011, 12:35:06 PM »
I can see your argument about each of the artist I picked and the weaknesses in my own.

Despite that, I still sense there's an inherent hypocrisy that comes form stannery when it comes to anything Wu related but perhaps it's only with recent material because it's a return to their original sound. 

I'm more a 50 fan than Budden so when 50 created Before I Self Destruct and it got hated on because of his content, I can't but shake my head and laugh when those same people praise Raekwon for returning to the same old content. 

Perhaps, they're not listening to the lyrics at all and just want to hear a particular sound.
- Banks