Author Topic: WC Revenge Of The Barracuda Official Discussion!  (Read 3204 times)

B.A.

Re: WC Revenge Of The Barracuda Official Discussion!
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2011, 02:40:17 PM »
It's dope, the beats have more of a professional/unique sound to them unlike most of the beats that Cube has been using on his last few albums (to me have a generic dime-a-dozen sound to them). The only track that I feel that should have been replaced with something else is "Hustla" Ft. Juvenile, imo it has a very commercial sound to it, not that that's a bad thing if that's what your into but I think someone like Drake or one of those type of rappers would have sounded better over the track; Dub sounds better over some harder/grimmier production. Other than that I think it's very solid I give it a 4/5.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2011, 03:00:56 PM »
all heard was skinny jeans this...chucktaylor that...

wc  be4 the crip walk > anything afterwards

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!

REPDATWESTCOAST

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2011, 05:30:19 PM »
3rd coast your not feeling this album?

dameons

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »
I love cats like William Calhoun who stick to their craft.Unfortunatly , he won't sell 15,000 copies.It's a shame.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2011, 11:05:23 PM »
3rd coast your not feeling this album?

caught n a fad >his last 3 albums..

been fuckin with wc since low profile..

he coulda kept this shit to himself

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2011, 12:16:45 AM »
HOLY SHIT  wow  :yikes:

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2011, 04:34:41 AM »
It's dope, the beats have more of a professional/unique sound to them unlike most of the beats that Cube has been using on his last few albums (to me have a generic dime-a-dozen sound to them). The only track that I feel that should have been replaced with something else is "Hustla" Ft. Juvenile, imo it has a very commercial sound to it, not that that's a bad thing if that's what your into but I think someone like Drake or one of those type of rappers would have sounded better over the track; Dub sounds better over some harder/grimmier production. Other than that I think it's very solid I give it a 4/5.

Damn I love that joint! Hook is too dope also!

@TDOT: The hook kinda grew on me already! Bangin song!

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2011, 09:23:11 AM »
weak compared to GBA

REPDATWESTCOAST

« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »
^Holy...wtf? Damn

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »
The are five bomb tracks to me: What's Good ( :o), Reality Show, That's What I'm Talking About, The Spot, Dub C -- probably in that order.

You Know Me is destroyed by gay male singing on the hook (this trend needs to stop now! -- put a female on there if you want singing)

A lot of the songs I'm not really feeling have good things to them but also have clear flaws -- mostly the hooks (e.g. Walking in my Taylors, You Know Me, etc.).  Dub comes correct on all the songs and the beats are dope.  The instrumentation and arrangements are kind of formulaic, but that's to be expected from an independent record.  The second half gets a little experimental, as well, which is more risk/reward depending upon your taste as a listener.

Overally, probably on par with Guilty By Affiliation...which is not a bad thing!  But I keep my expectations in check.  I'm not expecting another Curb Serving.   8)
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

B.A.

« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2011, 06:54:19 PM »
weak compared to GBA

I can kinda see what your saying as the first half of GBA imo was raw as hell; the beats and hooks were hard but I think the second half of GBA could have been better. ROTB, production wise, isn't as hard as the first half of GBA but it does have a more classic west coast feel that I think is dope. Overall, I think ROTB is a better album, it's more balanced and is easier to listen to all the way through but the first half of GBA does have some serious bangers. As long as Dub keeps putting out heat I'm good either way.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

BIGWORM

« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2011, 10:14:23 PM »
WC = 2011 KING OF THE WEST!!!!

ALBUM BANGS! FUCK DA HATERZ za za za za za....