Author Topic: [**NEW**] LBC Crew – Haven’t You Heard [**REMASTERD **] w/ BONUSES!!  (Read 17748 times)

acgrundy

Re: [**NEW**] LBC Crew – Haven’t You Heard [**REMASTERD **] w/ BONUSES!!
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2011, 08:57:46 PM »
hell man, you should try to get in contact with someone at WA yourself.  I mean, you did all of this for free, and it is obvious you are a big fan of the music.  Maybe they would be impressed with your work and could work something out with you to help them out in the future.

My guess is, they already spent so much money buying Death Row, and now they realize that it is incredibly hard to sell this music and make money.  I'm sure they are trying to keep expenses as low as possible, and so I think they won't hire anyone, or even put effort into mixing/mastering these albums.  But maybe if they actually heard the difference you made, and you were not trying to charge them an arm and  a leg to do work...maybe they might hire you.  Hell, maybe you would work for free as an intern.

sneikki

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2011, 10:16:07 PM »
Great quality, wanna hear whole album thanks already.

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2011, 11:28:57 PM »
any chance we get "out the moon remix" and maybe "Mizery" as a bonus?   Mizery is my favorite track I've heard in ages, would love to hear it touched up a little if its even possble...

Which track is Mizery? I don't think I've heard it, where's it from?

its a slip capone and kurupt track, slip said it was produced by dre

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2011, 11:40:29 PM »
I spent the $15 for the Wideawake version but love a link to this.

Props on the effort and sharing Efrain.  8)

pill

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2011, 12:18:11 AM »
Love what I've heard, Hope you might get around to Snoop's WA release.

Hope you can toss me the link to tha album, as-well as “Just Watchin and Head doc

Young Old Head

« Reply #170 on: March 04, 2011, 04:31:26 AM »
btw. what's up w/ that little distortion @ min. 0:48 on "just watchin"?? with such great software/hardware i'm suprised u couldn't filter that out...

Cash Money Blood Gang

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2011, 06:41:01 AM »
Efrain, you should serioulsy work on 2pac OG album. I bet with your hands on lots of the original versions would sound amazing.  8)

Efrain

« Reply #172 on: March 04, 2011, 06:54:32 AM »
Love what I've heard, Hope you might get around to Snoop's WA release.

I wish I could too, I’ve tried. WIDEawake actually mastered that release (by Brian Gardner no less) so nothing can be done.

All the songs were sent over to Brian in the same condition we got the LBC Crew album (see aforementioned massive low end,  chunky mids, flat highs), the music was essentially fried by the compression they applied at Bernie Gardner Mastering. Think of it like Baking a cake, once you throw it in the oven you can’t go back and tweak the ingredients—its cooked… literally. WIDEawake sent them rough mixes and demos… another epic fail.  

It was actually the outcry from fans that made WIDEawake (Lara Lavi) master it. How’s that for irony? We demand they master these records, they do, and then they’re worse than they were before! …alas, we can’t win.

That album suffered from mixing issues. None of those songs were professionally mixed. In the credits they mention some no-name idiot mixing engineer who did the album. Whoever that guy is—if he’s even real—should be slapped… the guy has no business mixing records. Doggystyle has some of the worst mixing I’ve ever heard, bar-none. It’s so amateurish I can’t even listen to it. It’s unlistenable. As far as I’m concerned that song is still unreleased.    
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:03:45 AM by Efrain »

Efrain

« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2011, 07:12:55 AM »
Efrain, you should serioulsy work on 2pac OG album. I bet with your hands on lots of the original versions would sound amazing.  8)

Thanks man. I'll definitely take a look. Some of those recent 2pac leaks sounded pretty good. There were also a few tracks of that All Eyez on Me label demo that were at least decently mixed and could definitely sound a lot better.

I’d like to take a crack at that Makaveli demo that’s floating around (apparently there are two versions of it). I don’t know because I’m not in the loop with music stuff like that. From the sounds of it, a lot of people have it. I don’t know what condition it’s in, but I’m sure I could make it sound a lot better.   

Damú

• 'G'
  • What A Breakfast!!!
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2011, 09:33:51 AM »

Thanks man. I'll definitely take a look. Some of those recent 2pac leaks sounded pretty good. There were also a few tracks of that All Eyez on Me label demo that were at least decently mixed and could definitely sound a lot better.

I’d like to take a crack at that Makaveli demo that’s floating around (apparently there are two versions of it). I don’t know because I’m not in the loop with music stuff like that. From the sounds of it, a lot of people have it. I don’t know what condition it’s in, but I’m sure I could make it sound a lot better.   

I'm curious about your potential work on Tupac first 2 albums, what about those?

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »
can i get a link  ;)

Paolo

« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2011, 11:12:16 AM »
thanks man , can i get pm with link !
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 10:33:23 PM by kudaz »

m-dogg

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2011, 02:07:09 PM »
A tupac LP would be cool, a lot of decent leaks recently.

another LP that could use it is the Death Row Soopafly LP that came out a while back, that was in the same exact state as the LBC Crew LP.  all the original material was there as intended, just not proffessionally mixed and mastered yet.  some sounded ok, but man that LP wouldve sounded so much better after Efrain's touch.  wish i could do it myself...

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2011, 02:13:27 PM »
Props for this, i would luv a pres in my inbox.........

peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2011, 02:32:55 PM »
thanks for doing this
can I get a link too?
thx in advance