Author Topic: Troy Murphy is gonna be a Celtic  (Read 379 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Troy Murphy is gonna be a Celtic
« on: March 01, 2011, 10:23:51 AM »
This will turn out to be a good pickup..

Troy Murphy picks Celtics over HeatEmail Print Comments621 By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Highly coveted free agent Troy Murphy is signing with the Boston Celtics.

Murphy told ESPN.com via e-mail that he will join the Celtics after spending much of the past 48 hours agonizing between Boston and the Miami Heat. Murphy reached terms of a buyout with the Golden State Warriors on Sunday.

Murphy also received recruiting pitches this week from Portland, New York and Orlando, sources said, but the 6-foot-10 forward was always determined to sign with a top contender in anticipation of making the first deep playoff run of his career. Murphy has played in more games (639) than any other active player without appearing in the playoffs.

The East's top two teams chased Murphy hard, seeing him as this season's P.J. Brown in terms of being a difference-making big man. Boston now will hope that Murphy's perimeter touch and proven ability to rebound can fortify its frontcourt rotation like Brown did when he joined the Celtics midway through the 2007-08 season. Brown contributed greatly during Boston's championship run in the first season together for Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

Missing out on Murphy will come as a blow to the Heat, who thought they could trump Boston's offer -- since both teams are restricted to paying a pro-rated share of the NBA's veteran minimum -- with the minutes they could offer Murphy while Udonis Haslem continues to recover from a long-term foot injury.

Miami's hope was to come out of this week with Murphy and veteran guard Mike Bibby, who forfeited his entire 2011-12 salary of $6.2 million to convince the Washington Wizards to let him go so he could join a contender for the rest of the season.

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Troy Murphy is gonna be a Celtic
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 10:40:05 AM »
yessss
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 10:52:20 AM »
Picked them over the Heat. >:(

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 11:07:21 AM »
Picked them over the Heat. >:(
the Heat need a center
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 11:25:38 AM »
Boston traded the best 1 on 1 defender in the post and a serviceable big in Erden and replace them with softies like Kristic and Murphy ...  by the way Murphy hasn't played a single playoff game in his 11 seasons career

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »
Boston traded the best 1 on 1 defender in the post and a serviceable big in Erden and replace them with softies like Kristic and Murphy ...  by the way Murphy hasn't played a single playoff game in his 11 seasons career

but Rajon Rondo is the best passing AND defensive pointguard in the game and we still got Pierce, Allen and KG.

notice how we only had Perkins 12 games all year but we're 43-15

'EclipZe

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 01:13:48 PM »
things are gonna be alright... now all we gotta do is sign gadzuric.

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 01:23:08 PM »

but Rajon Rondo is the best passing AND defensive pointguard in the game and we still got Pierce, Allen and KG.

notice how we only had Perkins 12 games all year but we're 43-15

I like the Murphy pickup considering you lost Perkins. It doesnt matter how many playoff games he has played. He will play some this year. But you cant tell me you wouldnt rather have kept Perkins. If you got a more versatile big in Perkins place...great. Its nice Murphy can hit the three, but he will be a liability on D.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 02:25:04 AM »
i wouldve went with the heat if it was me, only because they are a younger team. all depends on how long murphy thinks he's gonna be around for i guess
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
i wouldve went with the heat if it was me, only because they are a younger team. all depends on how long murphy thinks he's gonna be around for i guess

Murphy has never played a playoff game in his career. I think he probably just wants to win a title. His chances are better in Boston than in Miami IMO. I think this current Miami squad will struggle in the playoffs. Obviously the talent level of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh is ridiculous...but they arent a great TEAM. I could see either Boston OR Chicago taking them out.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 04:02:06 PM »
i was surprised he was listed as 6'11 he looks much smaller by an inch or two, he can be "labeled" a center but his body frame is small, he'll get pounded by traditional centers

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 10:10:53 AM »
i was surprised he was listed as 6'11 he looks much smaller by an inch or two, he can be "labeled" a center but his body frame is small, he'll get pounded by traditional centers

He's a decent rebound guy, doesnt play much D, but can knock down the three.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 11:44:09 PM »

He's a decent rebound guy, doesnt play much D, but can knock down the three.

yea murhpy was solid in indiana, i guess he just didnt gel well in jersey, i always have a soft spot for bigmen that can knock down threes. i loved playing with him in 2k with a ford, granger, and dunleavy line up.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.