Author Topic: Question about Natural Born Killaz...  (Read 2150 times)

procrastiNate

Re: Question about Natural Born Killaz...
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 09:10:56 PM »
No.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 01:00:35 AM »
its funny< back in the day when this song was brand new me and the homies always thought it was taddow (Ricky Harris)....but now that i think about it, it sounds more like rbx
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 02:37:16 AM »
No problem. If not late 1993, then he left in early 1994 because Murder Was The Case came out on October 18th, 1994 and he wasn't even on it. That was one of Death Row's main artists, so if he was still on the label during the recording process then he would have made an appearance on there.
he was never signed to the label

Okka

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 04:08:37 AM »
Next time DubCNN does an interview with RBX, this needs to be asked. For real, that don't sound like Big Pimpin' at all. He probably would've been credited if it was him, he was credited on "What Would You Do" too. RBX was never signed, so that makes kinda sense that they didn't mention his name on the credits.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 05:48:09 AM »
RBX may never have been properly signed, but he didn't leave Death Row until 1995 or late 1994 at the earliest. Certainly not in 1993, because he left after The D.O.C. did, who left in 1994. Remember there was a reason for RBX releasing 'AWOL' and 'The RBX-Files' in 1995, pretty soon after leaving Death Row. He was pissed by the situation at Death Row and I doubt he'd have had that anger and frustration if he'd waited 2 years to record his material.

That aside, I know it's said to be RBX on 'Murder was the case', but the guy doesn't sound like him to me either. I guess Big Pimpin' might be an option, but that doesn't seem like a very comfortable fit to me either...
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Will_B

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 06:20:35 AM »
It's surely not RBX and could be Big Pimpin.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 07:25:59 AM »
It's surely not RBX and could be Big Pimpin.
I always thought it was RBX but now I'm not too sure :-\

could be Big Pimpin

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 09:38:02 AM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb and revise my previous statements and say that it actually is Dre, doing a voice he has never done before or since

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 09:55:24 AM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb and revise my previous statements and say that it actually is Dre, doing a voice he has never done before or since
no it's jerry heller

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 10:39:37 AM »
RBX left before Murder Was The Case came out.  I remember I saw Dre with Fab 5 Freddy on Yo MTV Raps and they were talking about RBX leaving the label.  This was a couple of months after Above The Rim came out and like 5 or 6 months before Murder Was The Case came out.  RBX left sometime in 94

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 10:55:51 AM »
and like 5 or 6 months before Murder Was The Case came out. 

Though it depends how long the time period for recording was for it... if they were recording stuff for a year or two like Doggystyle, then he could easily have been around during some of the recording sessions.

awol22222

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 11:09:20 AM »
RBX left before Murder Was The Case came out.  I remember I saw Dre with Fab 5 Freddy on Yo MTV Raps and they were talking about RBX leaving the label.  This was a couple of months after Above The Rim came out and like 5 or 6 months before Murder Was The Case came out.  RBX left sometime in 94
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/--9iGIEOGYM&amp;feature=player_embedded#at=253" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/--9iGIEOGYM&amp;feature=player_embedded#at=253</a>
3:54

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 07:43:34 PM »
 8)

thx for the vid
damn everything is on youtube