Author Topic: Dubcc Where are they now  (Read 2257 times)

pill

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Dubcc Where are they now
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:00:07 AM »
   I thought about this a couple months ago, with my main thought forming around Chico (chico and coolwadda) and field mob. But with info coming out about these artists in the last few months there was no reason to put them on this list. What do I hope to accomplish with this list, update or a interview by the people that can make it happen dubcnn.com. So lets get at it:

Moss Maja - What got me in to him was a song he did wit kokane, wish I still had that track.

Spoony Loc - Just found out he got something coming out. So why is he up here, just thought people might forgot about him.

Dirty Birdy - He's one of my Favorite artist, been a fan since Mixtape vol. 1, Would like to know what happen to vol.3. Also when will we see Tweet Twice.

Dr Stank - Here is another artist that seems to been silent for way to long. The Odor still to this day finds it's way in rotation from time to time, Last I heard he was dropping a album solo and another with XL Middleton, but I've search for place to buy can't find that they ever existed.

La Nash - We really could use some info on Nash, Both albums where dope. Last thing I heard from him was on Young Prodeje cd.

6Two - This cat had superstar written all over him, with names like DOC,Dre, and Timberland backing him. But he has to be one of the most unlucky cats out there. With Unreleased/Never happen solo projects under Tim, Doc, Doc/Dre, group projects under Timberland, and Big Mike.
Last I heard he was putting out another Gena Cide album, but the main producer was getting some time (His name escape me right now) So that album is probably in limbo .

Yung Walt - Tell you the truth I haven't thought about him in a while, what made him come to mind was someone lift my cd about 3 months ago. Just listen to the track dream and you know why we need a update.

My Original plan was to do 10 artists only no labels, but I thought about it and there was a label that was very promising that is no more and left a lot acts without a home. There is the obvious ones like tha row, and 4life, But the one I'm talking about is:
Soul Hood - That name might not stick out right away, but this label has some real gems that you might know. They had very big name backing them, names like Snoop, Daz, RBX, and Warren G.
The Label mates where:

Lifestyles - A group that only release one official album that I know of there was another album that was set to be released that ft. a track with devin the dude. We know what one half of the group is doing (Bada Bing) , but what is H.I.T up to.

Mecca Dawn - This is the first female rapper i was really feeling since Lady of Rage, I've heard that she is still doing something. She pops up here and there.

Fratt House - They Put out a album out through daz. They had a diggy album that also was floating around, I payed for the link but never received it. I looked on youtube could find much, but if you want to hear them at there best track down the song they did with Bun B.

There where other artist the one most notable is Prime but he seems to be very active so he doesn't fit this list. So there you have it, a list of MC's that we could use an update on or interview. If there is a demand for it I'll do another one soon.

PS. Is there anyone that can remember the name of the artist that Put that song about his teacher, I think it was call kiss my ass. It went something like "to the teachers in my past you can kiss my ass/to the students in my class you can kiss my ass/

Eddz

Re: Dubcc Where are they now
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 04:19:08 AM »
I've always wanted to know what ever happened to Phatts Boss from the Regime. He was the best member along with Tech N9ne but just disappeared  ???

fette_chico

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 04:48:23 AM »
I've always wanted to know what ever happened to Phatts Boss from the Regime. He was the best member along with Tech N9ne but just disappeared  ???
He made a mixtape diss to yukmouth at the height of the yukmouth / game beef thats the last i heard of him. He was dope though

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 04:54:26 AM »
i've wondered what happened to Kurty Durty. he had a few big co-signs, and had a couple of songs that i really liked on the dubcnn front page 2 or 3 years ago

REPDATWESTCOAST

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 07:17:56 AM »
yeah phatts is my favorite not jus from the regime which isnt really a group, but one my favorite from the westcoast
damn didnt know abour that diss. whats the name of it?
anyone got any info on him?

He made a mixtape diss to yukmouth at the height of the yukmouth / game beef thats the last i heard of him. He was dope though

pill

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 09:16:43 AM »
yeah phatts is my favorite not jus from the regime which isnt really a group, but one my favorite from the westcoast

Yeah I forgot about him need to see if I still got that mixtape.

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 10:14:19 AM »
Six2 is my homie, he's workin on new music
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

REPDATWESTCOAST

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 10:18:37 AM »

Yeah I forgot about him need to see if I still got that mixtape.

yeah if you could that be dope. cant find much on him

Fraxxx

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »
Lifestyle had some smooth shit out back then, I saw a video once, good one, too - and then they disappeared.

I only know the Fratthouse mixtape which had some good music on it.

Yung Walt had that really cool mixtape at the time when he did a hook for Snoop's Welcome to tha Chuuch I think.

Updates would be appreciated.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

OG MNL

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 10:55:49 AM »
phats bossi was dope my favorite regime members along wit poppa lq..he released a single called los skanless in 98 still lookin for this
l.a nash got his 2 albums,he also appears on scc concrete jungle...last time i heard of him he was on death row???

perso id like to know whats happened to reservoirs dogs,they had some bomb ass tracks on mack 10's compilation,plus another one on oftb's comp...real bloods from 62 brims
and what about k-mac from comrads?totally disappeared him too

pill

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 02:21:52 PM »

that good to hear, Hope we can hear something real soon. I wish we could hear him and Twisted Black put something together but we all know black position right now.

teecee

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 02:59:44 PM »
agree with threadstarter, 6 Two shoulda been a star.   Charisma, versatile, nice flow....had everything really.

I always thought 6'2 and Hittman woulda been a good group, as they'd contrast each other nicely

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »
6Two - This cat had superstar written all over him, with names like DOC,Dre, and Timberland backing him. But he has to be one of the most unlucky cats out there. With Unreleased/Never happen solo projects under Tim, Doc, Doc/Dre, group projects under Timberland, and Big Mike.
Last I heard he was putting out another Gena Cide album, but the main producer was getting some time (His name escape me right now) So that album is probably in limbo .

Erotic D.

apparently he will be free in june

you spoke to him recently?

pill

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 12:46:18 AM »

Erotic D.

apparently he will be free in june

you spoke to him recently?

yeah thats his name Erotic D

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 12:50:37 AM »
man ''through the rain'' is a personal classic for me. Still don't know how the only dr. Dre / warren g coproduction went to him but he did his thing on it
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"