Author Topic: Spice 1 or 2Pac, who had the better career?  (Read 5963 times)

Fraxxx

Re: Spice 1 or 2Pac, who had the better career?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 07:17:18 AM »
Pac did more fake laughs on his tracks, but Spice 1 goes 'Bleeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh!!!' an awful lot too.

Call it a draw :laugh:

LOL

Up to this day I'm not too familiar with Spice 1's catalogue, but if you ask who had the better CAREER, I'd say Pac (despite getting shot which sucks when you're dead after).
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 07:18:26 AM »
Pac did more fake laughs on his tracks, but Spice 1 goes 'Bleeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh!!!' an awful lot too.

Call it a draw :laugh:

LOL

Up to this day I'm not too familiar with Spice 1's catalogue, but if you ask who had the better CAREER, I'd say Pac (despite getting shot which sucks when you're dead after).

nah, not usually a good thing :laugh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 07:35:32 AM »
Just some thoughts on a few different things posted in this thread...

- Reality has ZERO to do with great art or great artists.  Creative people are creative people.  You can tell me a made-up story about being abducted by aliens and brought to a far-away dimension or a real one about how you survived being shot at.  What I care about is how intruiging the story being told is.  If it so happens to have some basis in reality, it might add a little something extra to do it but even real stories are exaggarated through the eyes of those who tell them. Pac's strength in content was less the reality of them and more the passion in which he approached them. "Brenda's Got A Baby" is a fictional story but the passion behind it is real.

- I agree with the thread-starter's argument that Pac's only two classics are Me Against The World and 7-Day Theory. I love All Eyez On Me as a fun party album but it's far from a highlight of Pac's artistic strengths. He got home, grabbed a good deal of pre-existing (but undeniably banging) Death Row music and added his own touch to it. If you take the production and the guest features and the fact that it's Death Row at its peak, this album is a West Coast fanboy's wet dream before Pac even touches it. "All Eyez On Me" is a double album with a little more than a full disc's worth of classic songs but I don't think it's a classic album. With "Makaveli", he's working with far less established producers and limited his guest list. The songs segue smoothly into one another and the content has a more personal approach while showing his range. "All Eyez" was Tupac coming back quick in the biggest way possible with a strong commercial approach. "Makaveli" was almost like the answer to it. It's Pac showing that he can go from a more mainstream album to something smaller.

- Spice having Pac tatted on his arm has no relevancy to the debate in my opinion.  They were close friends and Pac passed. Getting another rapper tattoed on you doesn't equate to you bowing down to them as your artistic superior.

That being said, Pac had the stronger career, hands down.

There's truth in what you say, despite that we disagree

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 08:41:32 AM »
Spice 1.

Cuz he still alive.
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 11:09:05 AM »
Here we go again with the "who was more realer nonsense". That is a stupid topic that can't be answered. What the fuck is real? Real can mean many things and 2 PAC having pics of ballerina don't mean shit. I know so many dudes growing up that were straight "pussies" growing up. The nicest guy you would meet that never said a word. 3 years later I see him strapped calling out dudes in the park claiming junior mafia gang. Crazy dude completely changed and fucked up in the head. If you can't understand how the human mind works, then you will never understand how that is so fucken common. PEOPLE CHANGE. Life changes you. But I guess if you live in orange county suburbs you have no fucken clue what I mean. As far as career? 2 PAC no doubt but albums? They both had west coast classics and it also depends what you consider a classic. They both had several and both legends.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 11:14:05 AM »
I'd say it's pretty much uncomparable, Tupac.

You can twist this however you want to but fame & relavancy come into play & Tupac has more then maybe anybody. Impact also is a category. When I use to say Joe Budden was good all I got back was that he didn't have "fame", didn't have "relavancy" & didn't have any "impact". So I guess this forum has determined the critera for greatness lol.

As for classics, pretty hard to leave "All Eyez On Me". Even if you don't think it's a classic, all these rappers who name drop classic albums as punchlines & such always reffer to that album. Had some filler, but still had mostly great classics. Then like Vans said, I don't think you can call 1990 Sick a classic if you're not going to call All Eyez On Me a classic.

& "realness" is a category? C'mon. Gucci Mane is "real" too, is he a nomination? & "Spice was realer, hence he's a better rapper"? The two
have ZERO correlation with each other.

Popularity/Fame - Tupac
Relavancy - Tupac (even being dead)
Impact - TupacBest album - Tupac (Both Pac classics you named > )
[/quot

Exactly!

"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
Then like Vans said, I don't think you can call 1990 Sick a classic if you're not going to call All Eyez On Me a classic.

lets be real kid, you haven't listened to the album. leave the discussion to those who know music

That's what you're going with to shoot down my argument? lol alright.

Just face the FACT that Pac had a better career. You're the one who told me "impact" was beyond important & here is prime example of impact, Tupac Shakur lol.

Everyone saying Spice in here is just saying they "prefer" him. Just like you "prefer" Masta Ace over Eminem, but who had a better career? lol.

MistaNova

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 11:24:57 AM »
2Pac. Dude's dead but releases with his name on them still move units.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »
Every-time i come in the west-coast section i run out just as quick.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 11:54:12 AM »
Then like Vans said, I don't think you can call 1990 Sick a classic if you're not going to call All Eyez On Me a classic.

lets be real kid, you haven't listened to the album. leave the discussion to those who know music

That's what you're going with to shoot down my argument? lol alright.

Just face the FACT that Pac had a better career. You're the one who told me "impact" was beyond important & here is prime example of impact, Tupac Shakur lol.

Everyone saying Spice in here is just saying they "prefer" him. Just like you "prefer" Masta Ace over Eminem, but who had a better career? lol.

HAHAHAHAHA THIS NIGGA JUST ADMITTED TO NOT LISTENING TO THE ALBUM!!! YOU CAN'T MAKE STATEMENTS ABOUT MUSIC YOU HAVEN'T LISTENED TO. You LOSE herb. End yourself quickly

Elson

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 11:58:47 AM »
spice 1 is my fav rapper of all time
so yeah spice 1

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »
I would say Pac has had the better career. Fair argument that Spice may or may not have more classic albums, but he has a couple duds on his resume also.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 12:09:28 PM »
I would say Pac has had the better career. Fair argument that Spice may or may not have more classic albums, but he has a couple duds on his resume also.

And Pac doesn't? All those posthumous releases stink. And the nigga never had the chance to fall off like we all know he would have. It happens to everyone.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 12:12:17 PM »

And Pac doesn't? All those posthumous releases stink. And the nigga never had the chance to fall off like we all know he would have. It happens to everyone.

Those releases are not in their original form. There is MORE then enough OG material for me IMO to still say Pac>Spice.  We can't fast forward Pac's demise to 2011 to make it more comparable. Both are all time greats

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 12:20:27 PM »
spice 1 fell off a looong time ago. still a great artist ocassionaly
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:26:57 PM by imsohappydatmydiccsbig »