Author Topic: Detox should mainly feature Snoop  (Read 1171 times)

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
Re: Detox should mainly feature Snoop
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 03:39:31 AM »
i hope there will be great features on the album

Fraxxx

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 03:53:55 AM »
Snoop recently spits some solid bars again, I'll give you that. But wether the album will be banging or not doesn't depend on Snoop appearences.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Will_B

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 03:59:37 AM »
The more Snoop the better. You can see Snoop still worships Dre (quite rightly, but don't flame me, read on) by the way he performs on Kush. Dre's an older guy now, he's gonna appreciate people who stay real to him. Snoop is one of those guys who still believes in Dre.

This is a point I've been meaning to make for a while. INAD works well if you still have Dre and Em as a personal heroes. We all did in 1999 but now? Not if you've grown into a different person yourself. Remember when Dre rapped "They say Raps changed. They Wanna know how I feel about it". Dre had a superstar persona back then. Like Snoop had on Doggystyle. Snoop's said in the past it was the D.O.C.'s influence that made him project superstar status before people even knew who he was.

Dre's done a track with him an Em in character like they came across in 1999. Like when they represented Hip-hop. And like no time has passed. People are saying it's gay for them to be singing to each other like they are but it's like a 'buddy movie'. Cat's just don't get it mainly because they've grown up. We're all not the people we were in 99. Dre's newer audience who just hears Kush and likes him/it will. But Snoop's kept it real. He still shines on Dre's records because they make magic together. No homo.

EDIT: And props on the homie Fraxxx making 1,000 posts :pimp:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:03:01 AM by OG Will_B »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 12:27:49 AM »
The more Snoop the better

Right.  Eminem can't hold down a Dr. Dre album byhimself (don't go talking about "Relapse" either).  In fact tha only tracks they've done together that come close to anything Dre and Snoop have done is "Forgot About Dre" and "What's The Difference", everything else isn't quite there.  And that's no bias but years down the line (even tho it's been over a decade y'all will hear more clearly what I mean).  Eminem is definitely a beast but "Detox" with Eminem all over it would lose replay value pretty quickly compared to Snoop Dogg all over the record (and that's not an opinion).

Sales    or     Quality
[Eminem] / [Snoop Dogg]

Jimmy H.

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 12:42:47 AM »
Eminem is definitely a beast but "Detox" with Eminem all over it would lose replay value pretty quickly compared to Snoop Dogg all over the record (and that's not an opinion).

Yes, it IS an opinion. Neither Em or Snoop need to be all over the record. Neither one of their careers is going to be hurt if they aren't. Whoever Dre feels like putting on there should be who makes it. Truthfully, I want to hear that next generation of Snoops, Eminems, Hittmans, and Six-Twos. No established veteran should be monopolizing the mic time on "Detox" besides the guy whose fucking name is on the record.

Portugoal

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 01:02:15 AM »
Dre should put out a promo EP with Snoop before Detox drops.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 01:07:45 AM »
No it's not an opinion (how tha fuck r u gonna tell me)

2nd, you're right Dre should most definitely be all over the record mainly instead of somebody else but by tha looks of it with "Kush" and "I Need A Doctor" he's probably gonna do tha same thing all over again this time and have a main feature.

3rd, it's not an opinion becuz of the science and chemistry Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre have verses Eminem and Dr. Dre.  "I Need A Doctor" is ight but it holds little weight compared to anything Snoop and Dre have done in tha past (and even today), even the little kids will tell u that (go ask 1 some before u go out and assume i'm making it up).  

4th, yeah it would be cool 2 have newer artists on "Detox" but then again I think Dre should stick to tha Veteran's on this album, I haven't seem a spark in any new artist on Aftermath or even in LA that could do tha damage that Snoop did or Hittman did.  these aren't really debatable facts, i don't have my head stuck up my ass or letting any man-crush emotions out, it's tha truth and 9/10 people will tell u tha same (even Eminem fans would probably).  
^^^^
There's 3 worlds out here nowadays... "Blogger world" (like this), "Media world" (the reviews u always get from the TV on "Entertainment Tonight" and shit like that, and "Real life society" (people you talk 2 on tha street living everyday lives, rich, middle class, or poor).  1 of them is more important than the other and that varies by tha artist.

What i said has nothing to do with marketing or anything like that, even tho I think it would be the "Safe choice" to have Snoop all over it verses Eminem all over it.  Yeah Eminem will most definitely without a doubt get u tha sales but the quality won't be there.  I mean sure Eminem and Snoop Dogg could share equal amount of time on "Detox" but would the album be coherent and consistent (i doubt it).  I think it's safe 2 say that Eminem od'ing on "Detox" wouldn't exactly be the best choice for the album, even tho I could understand why Dre would do something like that.  But it just wouldn't be right if he did.

i can tell u right now that if i waz an alien and i never even heard of music before and someone played me "Still DRE" or "Nothin But A G Thang" and then played "I Need A Doctor" and then asked me 2 pick which 1 i like better i'ma have 2 go with tha Snoop records.  If Eminem was all that great then "I Need A Doctor" would be blasting out of EVERYBODY'S speakers now and it simply just isn't (at least on this side and on TV, hell even the blogs don't show that record much love so what makes u think Shady can hold "Detox" down in it's entirety like that, that's not logical and the magic just ain't there)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:13:42 AM by The Real Cocaine™ »

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 02:01:57 AM »
snoop and em need to be on there... and not too much of anyone else in my opinion

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 08:13:43 AM »
Snoop is gonna be on Detox but probably not as much as he was on The Chronic or even 2001

you know its not 1993 anymore
it don't have to be..but if it's dope it's dope..dre needs snoop and that whole chronic,and chronic 2001 crew.or it aint gonna happen..period.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 11:01:02 AM »
Snoop is gonna be on Detox but probably not as much as he was on The Chronic or even 2001

you know its not 1993 anymore
it don't have to be..but if it's dope it's dope..dre needs snoop and that whole chronic,and chronic 2001 crew.or it aint gonna happen..period.
screw recycling

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 05:57:20 PM »
this is who i wanna hear on detox : jayo felony, snoop , kurupt, cube, em, scarface, t.i., keri hilson, jewell, rbx, nas, d.o.c., strong arm steady, soopafly, xzibit, dawaun parker, latoya williams, and mc ren.

Ill go with Em, Snoop, Kurupt, Cube, Quik, NATE, Nas, Xzibit, Crooked, DOC, WU-TANG, anyone else that was on past DRE albums.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

terrymak

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 05:59:14 PM »
Detox my sausage..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 07:56:20 PM »
LOL get out of here with that "Snoop safe choice" shit.

Eminem is the safest choice. You either get Snoop Dogg to please some fans & listen to a bunch of shitty Snoop verses or you use Eminem, guarantee sales & likely will have better verses.

I don't even want to listen to Snoop Dogg outrapping Eminem & that's not even some pro-Eminem stan comment. That's just Snoop Dogg sucking ass.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 09:43:55 PM »
Snoop would eat Em alive. He still got it.

terrymak

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 09:58:01 PM »
Snoop would  :banana_dss: EM.