Author Topic: Detox should mainly feature Snoop  (Read 1169 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Detox should mainly feature Snoop
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
I definitely like the song. But it wasn't great by any standards, especially Dre standards.

But do it big, my man. Get those E-Friends. :laugh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2011, 08:50:54 AM »
HAHAHAHAH classic wigger to like a gay luv song. I bet your dick got hard watching the video when dre came back 2 life

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2011, 09:55:15 AM »
anyone who thinks there is any better combo then Snoop and Dre need to off themselves
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Okka

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2011, 10:10:23 AM »
anyone who thinks there is any better combo then Snoop and Dre need to off themselves

LBIA speakin' the truth once again.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2011, 11:41:31 AM »
Got a feeling slim the mobster could be the main facture, he is unkown to the masses but so was snoop pretty much before chronic and hittman on 2001.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

teecee

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2011, 11:41:43 AM »
Chammy stays hurt snoop got on a good song with Dre (Kush) and Em made a gay luv ballad instead

Kush was a better song. But Snoop's verse sucks lol.

Still I am/tighter than the pants on Will I Am

Shit, I thought Snoop was dope on there.  

As for recent Em/Dre songs, not so much.  Em screaming doesn't work that well on Dre beats...for that matter,neither does the accent.

I will say this:   Em and Dre on some Guilty Conscience, Bad Guys Always Die shit is almost on par with Dre and Snoop.   But it still ain't the same.  Snoop always picks his game up workin with Dre; Em and Dre, however, appear to have completely lost any chemistry they once had.

teecee

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2011, 11:42:51 AM »
Furthermore, Snoop should, and WILL, be on at least 4 songs.   Em will likely be on about 2

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2011, 07:37:10 PM »
lol i cannot believe i am saying this but chammillionaire is talking sense in terms of marketing and making sense.

Eminem is the name these new age white kids wanna listen and you gon' sell off. I need a doctor is pretty wack but the vid is kinda dope, gives the joint some life if you ask me but anything with eminem on it does well on the charts. Crack a bottle was some of the worst music i heard in a while and that shit went to the top of the charts if im correct, so like cham said, it makes sense. Dre needs eminem to push him through in terms of numbers and get his name out there. And the song is a safe song, it aint that dope, it's more an eminem track than a dre track, its kinda eminem corny but its everything these kids love about eminem.

Now snoop, sure for the fans (not jus a few on here, hiphop fans) he is the one people would prefer to hear all over detox rather than eminem. Whether y'all like it or not snoop n dre make better music together than eminem n dre, its basic common knowledge within hiphop. Sure its true, not everyone will agree and there aint no such thing as facts in these sorta things but y'all livin in another world if you think snoop n dre are not recognized as the best collabo around in hiphop dre involved. Maybe eminem groupies will disagree and there are a whole bunch of passionate eminem groupies around but if u just an eminem fan and a snoop fan, you should be able to appreciate the history and chemistry between the two.

Like cham said, for marketing it makes sense to have eminem on the joint but if y'all want better music and thats what detox is, MUSIC, dre and snoop is a better combo imo. I diasagree with teecee though, i dont think snoop will be on 4 songs unless the album is quite large. I think he'll be on about the same amount of tracks or more than eminem but if the album is short, neither will be 'mainly' featured on it. I'm hoping for a raw xzibit verse on the album, roll back the years.

As for kush, it is without doubt a better track than i need a doctor and snoop had a dope ass verse on there, flow was on point too, get the fuck out with that hatin bullshit about that being weak, BUT numbers don't lie and i need a doctor is a bigger track.

Im kinda bored with all the detox hype, get the album out...dre aint a shadow of what he used to be so just release it. He aint getting tracks out which he fully produced...maybe he cannot take as much credit for doing less as before past the drum pattern and mixing with how stringent the game is today or maybe dude just does not have it and the people around him to make fire anymore. I remember dre passing leftovers to niggaz on the west like mack 10 for nothing basically cuz they throwaways that would sound like fire compared to some of the shit he been doing in recent times. Everyones fire sometime fades, even the greatest in everything, new cats come and they hungry, fresh, new ideas and new tehcniques etc....

BUT dre, just go out with a bang... ;D some of the next episode sorta next level shit beats, and everyone will love it! Just release it, who gives a fuck who is on it at this stage, we'll do all the hating and praising after its come out!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2011, 08:08:23 PM »
^I know my shit. 8) ;D

terrymak

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »
^I know my shit. 8) ;D
Do you talk to it? Does it listen? Does it talk to you? :psych:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »
Don't kid yourself. I Need a Doctor was about to fall the fuck off the charts before they performed it at the grammies. Kush would've had the same reaction if it had been promoted as much..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2011, 09:11:43 PM »
Don't kid yourself. I Need a Doctor was about to fall the fuck off the charts before they performed it at the grammies. Kush would've had the same reaction if it had been promoted as much..

& then the music video.

Eminem is the most popular Hip Hop artist to date. Not debatable.

If Eminem come correct on 50's upcoming single, you can already take that one to the bank lol.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2011, 09:50:38 PM »
Now snoop, sure for the fans (not jus a few on here, hiphop fans) he is the one people would prefer to hear all over detox rather than eminem. Whether y'all like it or not snoop n dre make better music together than eminem n dre, its basic common knowledge within hiphop. Sure its true, not everyone will agree and there aint no such thing as facts in these sorta things but y'all livin in another world if you think snoop n dre are not recognized as the best collabo around in hiphop dre involved. Maybe eminem groupies will disagree and there are a whole bunch of passionate eminem groupies around but if u just an eminem fan and a snoop fan, you should be able to appreciate the history and chemistry between the two. 
I both agree and disagree with your statement. I'm a fan of both Snoop and Em but here's how I see it. When it comes to collaborations with Dre rapping on the same record with them, Snoop is the winner. The chemistry is just there. But to me, Dre and Snoop are the best duo in hip-hop, outside of possibly EPMD. In terms of making better music, I think if it's strictly solo rocking over Dre production, Eminem is the better artist. I can't imagine anyone taking those beats Dre did for him on Marshall Mathers LP and coming up with the kind of shit Em did. It's kind of a difficult argument to make on this kind of forum where it's so many West Coast heads but forget that Em is psycho white boy pop artist and forget what kind of music you prefer and really listen to where Em goes on some of this stuff.

But as it pertains to the original point of the thread, I still stand by the opinion that neither of these guys should be the main collaborative focus of this album. Either way you cut it, it's overselling to a certain portion of the fanbase. Bring these guys in when they are needed but if there is such a strong point to work with these veterans, Dre should get to fucking with them on their albums. This "Detox" project is one of those rare chances for some younger cats to get some shine. For both the West Coast and the Dr. Dre brand to stay relevant for the long term, it needs to be about more than Snoop/Eminem/Game.

Can’t say I agree. It might have worked as a follow-up to INAD but I just plain don’t buy the “if it were promoted more” argument in this case. Interscope needs Detox. If they could have made Kush a hit, they would have. They have no reason to hold out on product they profit off of. Eminem’s last album is still selling well so it wasn’t like he needed a hit to appease his ego. Timing was just right on that one.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2011, 10:26:22 PM »
I know my shit. 8) ;D

more like u stated the obvious which I and everybody else already pointed out in here and already knew[/color][/font].  Eminem = Sales.... duh, u don't even have 2 like Rap music 2 know that.

Snoop Dogg over a Dre beat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eminem over a Dre beat
^^^ that's not bias that's just fact; science doesn't lie

Even when they play "I Need A Doctor" on 106th and Park the reaction from Terrance, Roxy, and the audience is stale... it's like okay it's Eminem big whoop now who's coming out on stage next.  The hood and Black people just don't feel the same way about Eminem and y'all can use all of tha reverse racism ploys all u want to but it's a FACT and Jimmy H and Cham and whoever else wanna step out there can suck my dick.  

Eminem is White people's 2Pac so when people talk about him you get this feeling of color blindness and sheer godlikeness to say tha least but that doesn't mean EVERYBODY is feeling Eminem like that, whether you're black, latino, asian, or whatever.  Eminem is cool but he's not important and the fact that nobody wants to admit in here is that the Rap game can live and survive without Eminem, even to the point where it's like he's never even been here.  

Eminem could've had literally ANY producer in the rap game produce his album and did what he's done (another fact that nobody wants to admit at all).  In fact most of the songs on his albums are produced by other producers (something nobody wants to bring up).  Dr. Dre just gave Eminem that nostalgia, he didn't actually give Eminem anything we haven't heard before, even before "Relapse" Eminem could've retired and still have been just as big.  "I Need A Doctor" is on some Euro-Pop shit, it might be big overseas but not in our communities.  I respect both of em but let's all not get 2 actin' like Eminem doesn't sell becuz he's a white dude backed behind Dr. Dre who up until Eminem's discover was literally a GOD OF MUSIC period.

Honestly (i have no reason to lie), if niggaz were really feeling Eminem like that then I would admit it and happilily admit to it (I'm a fan 1st and it's not like I hate Eminem lol) but we're not and that's just that, it iz what it iz.  I can garantee you that if Eminem is all over "Detox" then that shit will die with niggaz quick (like asap) and that wouldn't have SHIT to do with "the times"... mark my words
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:39:12 PM by My Gunz Go BOOM BOOM Your Guns Go pow pow™ »

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
In what World are you guys living in? lol.

Eminem is at probably the lowest point of his career in terms of skill, but somehow it still makes Snoop look bad lol.

You can say what you want about "I Need A Doctor", but not only does Em come more correct then Snoop on "Kush", but the numbers far from lie. "Kush" has fallen off the map & "I Need A Doctor" is doing pretty good for a song you guys cry about on the regular lol.

Dre = Iovine = sales. Snoop Dogg = no sales; Eminem = high sales. It's a fairly simple forumla to follow.

Like Jimmy just said above me, I don't want either to be saturated all over the album, but if it has to be one, obviously you have to go Eminem sales & because Snoop Dogg is awful lol. Say what you want about his snippets to his upcoming album, but Malice in Wonderland was his worst album ever lol.

& Radiotube continues to prove he knows absolutely nothing lol. This guy truly believes the "world agrees" Dre & Snoop is better then Eminem & Snoop & would rather hear it. Son, you're talking for a small ass population of West Coast fans. The album sales don't lie. "Recovery" sold 5 million & did Snoop's Malice even go gold? I'm pretty sure the general public has spoken for you.

Em lowest point of his career?? Are you serious? I mean, I know his music has changed and people prefer his older shit (like myself) but his skills are same or better IMO.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"