Author Topic: Detox should mainly feature Snoop  (Read 1167 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Detox should mainly feature Snoop
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2011, 10:52:20 PM »
Too bad more White people buy albums, hence why Eminem will be on Detox more often then Snoop.

I can't really imagine "Detox" being a solid (and sellable) record with abuncha Aftermath/Shady/Eminem features.

But yeah. GTFO here with that "I already point out that Em = sales". Obviously didn't think so when you made the thread lol.

You need to get out of your fantasy world where only Black people listen to Hip Hop & if they're not happy with it, it's going to be a "complete fail". Mainstream artists sell albums. It's their job.

You think Black people loved "Recovery"? Obviously not. Some White people didn't, but it sold five million.

You're beyond ignorant.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2011, 10:52:48 PM »
Snoop hasn't even been writing his own shit for at least the last two albums.  I know this is a West Coast forum and all but let's push the obvious bias to the side. It's not on a knock on Snoop but there's maybe a handful of rappers that can lyrically hang with Em at the moment and Snoop ain't one of them. 

Completely agree. I mean I love Snoop and he is a legend but EM is in a whole other level. Only a handful is correct.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2011, 10:53:06 PM »
In what World are you guys living in? lol.

Eminem is at probably the lowest point of his career in terms of skill, but somehow it still makes Snoop look bad lol.

You can say what you want about "I Need A Doctor", but not only does Em come more correct then Snoop on "Kush", but the numbers far from lie. "Kush" has fallen off the map & "I Need A Doctor" is doing pretty good for a song you guys cry about on the regular lol.

Dre = Iovine = sales. Snoop Dogg = no sales; Eminem = high sales. It's a fairly simple forumla to follow.

Like Jimmy just said above me, I don't want either to be saturated all over the album, but if it has to be one, obviously you have to go Eminem sales & because Snoop Dogg is awful lol. Say what you want about his snippets to his upcoming album, but Malice in Wonderland was his worst album ever lol.

& Radiotube continues to prove he knows absolutely nothing lol. This guy truly believes the "world agrees" Dre & Snoop is better then Eminem & Snoop & would rather hear it. Son, you're talking for a small ass population of West Coast fans. The album sales don't lie. "Recovery" sold 5 million & did Snoop's Malice even go gold? I'm pretty sure the general public has spoken for you.

Em lowest point of his career?? Are you serious? I mean, I know his music has changed and people prefer his older shit (like myself) but his skills are same or better IMO.

Not a fan of his screaming at all. "Recovery" was his worst album, in my opinion.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2011, 10:57:42 PM »
son get out of this fantasy world where u think I (or anybody else) don't know what i'm saying.  you can screw tha words up all u want but u know what i mean... how u thought of "...a world where only black people listen to hip hop..." is beyond me.  it just sounds like u ran outta shit 2 say.  but that's what u usually do when somebody checks ur ass, you run around and act like u don't know and throw a temper tantrum using reverse analogies.  forum og's and members know tho so....

that's y u sit around literally all day waiting to "correct" me and other people.  you're insecure and your searching 4 knowledge.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2011, 11:00:31 PM »
sick verse from snoop >>>>>>>>>>>>>> em's gay luv dedication. wiggerFail.

LOL, "sick verse". This is coming from the same guy who isn't impressed by anyone unless they're underground & lyrical lol.

HAHA true! He supposedly listens to Gift of Gab, Blu, Aceyalone but says Snoop is better than Em??? That's why I don't take him serious anymore.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2011, 11:05:30 PM »

LOL, "sick verse". This is coming from the same guy who isn't impressed by anyone unless they're underground & lyrical lol.

HAHA true! He supposedly listens to Gift of Gab, Blu, Aceyalone but says Snoop is better than Em??? That's why I don't take him serious anymore.

Lyrically no, Snoop isn't better... Overall yes, Snoop is better. 

Years from now people will only remember Eminem becuz he was "the white rapper" but people will always remember Snoop Dogg becuz he stood out in a very long and diverse list of Entertainers... y'all will see.  You're grandkids will feel tha same way about Eminem as white kids felt about Elvis in the early to mid 2000's

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2011, 11:09:09 PM »
LOL, RADIOTUBE. Read your OG post & the one you just made before this one.

The entire thing is "Black people ain't feelin' this", "Black people ain't feelin' that". "We (Black people) wanna hear Snoop over a Dre beat, not Eminem". "I was watching BET, none of them cared".

Like you really think Interscope gives a fuck or something lol.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2011, 11:09:37 PM »
In what World are you guys living in? lol.

Eminem is at probably the lowest point of his career in terms of skill, but somehow it still makes Snoop look bad lol.

You can say what you want about "I Need A Doctor", but not only does Em come more correct then Snoop on "Kush", but the numbers far from lie. "Kush" has fallen off the map & "I Need A Doctor" is doing pretty good for a song you guys cry about on the regular lol.

Dre = Iovine = sales. Snoop Dogg = no sales; Eminem = high sales. It's a fairly simple forumla to follow.

Like Jimmy just said above me, I don't want either to be saturated all over the album, but if it has to be one, obviously you have to go Eminem sales & because Snoop Dogg is awful lol. Say what you want about his snippets to his upcoming album, but Malice in Wonderland was his worst album ever lol.

& Radiotube continues to prove he knows absolutely nothing lol. This guy truly believes the "world agrees" Dre & Snoop is better then Eminem & Snoop & would rather hear it. Son, you're talking for a small ass population of West Coast fans. The album sales don't lie. "Recovery" sold 5 million & did Snoop's Malice even go gold? I'm pretty sure the general public has spoken for you.

Em lowest point of his career?? Are you serious? I mean, I know his music has changed and people prefer his older shit (like myself) but his skills are same or better IMO.

Not a fan of his screaming at all. "Recovery" was his worst album, in my opinion.

Well you see, that's the problem. I don't like his "voices" either or screaming but I'm not talking about his Voice, Im talking about SKILL. I didn't like recovery at all but Eminem rarely comes weak. You might not like him or his style but nobody can deny his SKILL. The guy is literally a fucken MONSTER as an MC.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:13:01 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2011, 11:11:11 PM »

Years from now people will only remember Eminem becuz he was "the white rapper" but people will always remember Snoop Dogg becuz he stood out in a very long and diverse list of Entertainers... y'all will see.  You're grandkids will feel tha same way about Eminem as white kids felt about Elvis in the early to mid 2000's

What is OVERALL?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2011, 11:11:41 PM »
if that's all u took from my thread then....smh, i'll get over it

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2011, 11:12:39 PM »

LOL. Name me the ten best Snoop Dogg songs, I'll name you the ten best Eminem songs. You're mad because you're racist & Eminem dominated a Black thing.

Snoop Dogg will always be remembered, but he's already more remembered for some novelty weed smokin' figure than he is a rapper.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2011, 11:21:27 PM »
First of all, to make things clear, I agree with most people here saying that Snoop is better with Dre. That combination is probably the greatest. Snoop is a multi talented individual and I have always respected him as an MC. I mean the guy can make different types of music and his OLD school Hip Hop albums are classic. He is one of my favorite all time. But the REALITY is that Eminem is a better lyricist. When it comes to raw SKILL, Eminem is one of the greatest. Em is not even my favorite MC but like I said before, you just can't deny his talent. He gets respect from the underground to the mainstream. He is well respected by the greatest Hip Hop legends, from Old to New. Nobody can deny that.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2011, 11:22:52 PM »
What is OVERALL?

Snoop is just better.  Most of tha tracks on Eminem's albums are garbage.  The singles and a few verses here and there is what makes Eminem stand out.  I NEVER understood the whole mystique and aura of "The Marshall Mathers LP", i actually brought that album and was so disappointed becuz it didn't live up 2 it's hype, he wasn't even disrespecting gay people like that (if hardly at all).  

Eminem is a product of a white boy rapper who got cool with a top black entertainer/spokesman/legendary musician, he was never anything special 2 begin with besides that fact that he had flow and a few bars that were extremely mean here n there.  that's why he stays in that whole "hailey, kim" lane, he knows he's nothing without it.  

Snoop Dogg on the other hand is way more entertaining (even tho i admit dude can be corny as fuck, especially recently with the never ending "izzle" and trying to talk all "hip-like").  Snoop has character, that's something Eminem never had and that goes a very long way.  Yeah he's dropped some corny shit but what's this... his 11th ALBUM/46th MIXTAPE, i mean what else can an artists do (in any genre).  I mean we can debate on who's better all day and nobody is trying to take anything away from Eminem becuz I'd definitely be delusional if I said he didn't have an EMpact or Social relevance (or any skill 4 that matter) but he's not all what some people and the media have made him seem like all of these years.  When he "first came out" he was the shit and I was hooked and was a hardcore fan (like y'all) but then once "encore" dropped it kinda killed my whole high 4 Eminem, and then it got worse with "Relapse" and "The Re Up" and "Recovery".  

I hate to sound like a fair whether fan or one of those people who are like "his old shit is better than his new shit" but it's safe 2 say that HIS OLD SHIT IS BETTER THAN HIS NEW SHIT AND his old shit isn't even all that great.  "Infinite" used 2 be 1 of my albums so I KNOW all about Eminem but really tho, he just hasn't been that hot in tha last part of the decade and his shit before that was mediocre.  

Jimmy H.

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2011, 11:27:06 PM »
LMAO @ this clown with his "scientific facts" about who is better between Snoop and Eminem and laugh even harder at Dre "literally" being a GOD OF MUSIC before he discovered Eminem. To say that Eminem is not important or relevant to modern hip-hop culture perfectly illustrates your ignorance to the bigger picture. You can narrow it down to whatever racial or geographical or worldy terms you want, it's the same thing I tell love33, no matter what fucking community or city you represent, you're still touching less than 1% of the fucking country so your personal perception of how the public receives anything is no stronger than anyone elses.

It's not a reverse racism thing at all. It's more like talking down on what's popular just because it's popular. It's people whose insecurity won't let them admit they enjoy music that is mainstream. I see the same thing with Jay-Z and other artists. You can have an artist that is fucking great but once the white kids or the crossover audience embraces them, they have to champion some other artist who is nowhere near as good to be "better" because his video isn't on MTV. I'm not saying there aren't a whole shit load of garbage artists that are on MTV but popular music has always been hit and miss.

Bottom line it's pointless to compare facts with someone who can't even distinguish the difference between "fact" and "opinion". Saying one artist is better than another is a matter of "opinion". You can write "THAT'S A FACT!" after it all you want, capitalize, make it bold, throw in eleven exclamation points, underline it, and use the biggest font possible. Nothing has changed. It's still an opinion. Literally.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2011, 11:32:25 PM »
You're mad because you're racist & Eminem dominated a Black thing.

I have 2 remember that you're 18 years old so you don't comprehend the world quite like you should just yet (let alone that you're a die hard Eminem fan).  

But i have 2 ignore u from here on out.  I can't deal with children well, which is 1 of the reasons why i don't want any yet.  But that's what u do faithfully tho, as soon as u don't like/understand something somebody says u get all defensive like that and i'm gonna deal with you, i don't have tha time or the patience to deal with an 18 year old white kid (i thought u were in college, liar but whatever).  

They always say "look at the source" and you're just not the 1 or the type.  You handle things way too immaturely and it shows and your reasons for Eminem >>> Snoop Dogg on "Detox" is quite obvious.  I'm a scholar of this game and have studied it for years and years, i've actually made music for years, and have a passion and sense of this game, i've made mixes that've sold considerably well in the streets, i grew up and WITNESSED the very artist u worship and talk about for years, and on top of that i'm only 22 and just turnt 22 at that a couple months ago and still have until the end of December until I'm 23.  

Your reasons don't hold enough weight and neither do your comebacks, you're talkin loud but ain't saying nothing (plus your shallow and it shows).