Author Topic: Detox should mainly feature Snoop  (Read 1146 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Detox should mainly feature Snoop
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2011, 11:39:20 PM »
LMAO @ this clown with his "scientific facts" about who is better between Snoop and Eminem

you dont understand music chemistry, that's ok

and laugh even harder at Dre "literally" being a GOD OF MUSIC before he discovered Eminem.

you definitely don't know what tha fuck you're talking about now.  i dont even have 2 explain what Andre Young has done for music

To say that Eminem is not important or relevant to modern hip-hop culture perfectly illustrates your ignorance to the bigger picture.

I never said that (i said the opposite).  but it's the late night so i guess you're bored and just fuckin wit me

You can narrow it down to whatever racial or geographical or worldy terms you want, it's the same thing I tell love33, no matter what fucking community or city you represent, you're still touching less than 1% of the fucking country so your personal perception of how the public receives anything is no stronger than anyone elses.

you don't really know how i view shit or how wide i view it... next.  but i will say that my answer to that does ly within this thread (about 12 or 13 times)

It's not a reverse racism thing at all. It's more like talking down on what's popular just because it's popular. It's people whose insecurity won't let them admit they enjoy music that is mainstream. I see the same thing with Jay-Z and other artists. You can have an artist that is fucking great but once the white kids or the crossover audience embraces them, they have to champion some other artist who is nowhere near as good to be "better" because his video isn't on MTV. I'm not saying there aren't a whole shit load of garbage artists that are on MTV but popular music has always been hit and miss.

So how do u feel about Gucci Mane and Rick Ross (honestly)... none of that "i think they suck but..." shit

Bottom line it's pointless to compare facts with someone who can't even distinguish the difference between "fact" and "opinion". Saying one artist is better than another is a matter of "opinion". You can write "THAT'S A FACT!" after it all you want, capitalize, make it bold, throw in eleven exclamation points, underline it, and use the biggest font possible. Nothing has changed. It's still an opinion. Literally.

Young Jeezy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brian Austin Green

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2011, 11:42:31 PM »
What is OVERALL?

Snoop is just better.  Most of tha tracks on Eminem's albums are garbage.  The singles and a few verses here and there is what makes Eminem stand out.  I NEVER understood the whole mystique and aura of "The Marshall Mathers LP", i actually brought that album and was so disappointed becuz it didn't live up 2 it's hype, he wasn't even disrespecting gay people like that (if hardly at all).  

Eminem is a product of a white boy rapper who got cool with a top black entertainer/spokesman/legendary musician, he was never anything special 2 begin with besides that fact that he had flow and a few bars that were extremely mean here n there.  that's why he stays in that whole "hailey, kim" lane, he knows he's nothing without it.  

Snoop Dogg on the other hand is way more entertaining (even tho i admit dude can be corny as fuck, especially recently with the never ending "izzle" and trying to talk all "hip-like").  Snoop has character, that's something Eminem never had and that goes a very long way.  Yeah he's dropped some corny shit but what's this... his 11th ALBUM/46th MIXTAPE, i mean what else can an artists do (in any genre).  I mean we can debate on who's better all day and nobody is trying to take anything away from Eminem becuz I'd definitely be delusional if I said he didn't have an EMpact or Social relevance (or any skill 4 that matter) but he's not all what some people and the media have made him seem like all of these years.  When he "first came out" he was the shit and I was hooked and was a hardcore fan (like y'all) but then once "encore" dropped it kinda killed my whole high 4 Eminem, and then it got worse with "Relapse" and "The Re Up" and "Recovery".  

I hate to sound like a fair whether fan or one of those people who are like "his old shit is better than his new shit" but it's safe 2 say that HIS OLD SHIT IS BETTER THAN HIS NEW SHIT AND his old shit isn't even all that great.  "Infinite" used 2 be 1 of my albums so I KNOW all about Eminem but really tho, he just hasn't been that hot in tha last part of the decade and his shit before that was mediocre.  

Shit, I really don't even know what to say haha. I mean I agree with Snoop being Unique and his classic Flow etc etc but to say most of Em's tracks are garbage is not accurate. Yes, I agree he exaggerates with his flow's and changing in voices but If you are able to ignore that (I know its hard), I doubt you would say that. I just think you need to LISTEN more. Study his RAPS and the complexity on how he rhymes. The way he writes and his CRAAZY concepts. He adds so many elements to his rapping that only ignorant people wont catch. I mean KRS1 recently pointed out how the 3AM track was work of a "GENIUS". That statement comes from one of the FATHERS and ORIGINATORS of Hip Hop. I actually thought RELAPSE was a CRAAAZy album. He literally went psycho in that album (Pun Intended). I was actually reading about the song "SAME SONG AND DANCE" a while back, how some people think the whole track was a METAPHOR. Many people think he is just a psycho telling stories of killing people but the reality is that he is the PILL! He plays the role of the Pill the whole time. These are things that make him great. I can go on forever with other examples but it's hard to explain and for people to understand. The more complexity you show in your rhymes, the more skill you show. I will guarantee you Eminem will be remembered for more than just that "white boy".  You just don't understand.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2011, 11:48:16 PM »
I mean we can debate on who's better all day and nobody is trying to take anything away from Eminem becuz I'd definitely be delusional if I said he didn't have an EMpact or Social relevance (or any skill 4 that matter) but he's not all what some people and the media have made him seem like all of these years.
Your statements are contradictory within themselves but I will certainly agree with the last part though I will broaden it a little and say that it applies to nearly every famous person in existence. None of them are as great as what the media and their fans build them up to be. Not Eminem. Not Dr. Dre. Not Tupac. Not Michael Jordan. Not Tiger Woods. Not anybody. They are all talented people who through a good support system, hard work, and a little bit of luck became stars. We put them on pedestals because they're gifted at their craft but at the end of the day, they are all flesh and blood human beings who go through the same struggles as everyone else walking the planet. We relate to them because something in what they do speaks to us and our situation but for all the hype from the media or the record labels or their P.R. people, they aren't Gods, literal or otherwise. If any of those artists mentioned did not have a major media conglomerate investing their money into pumping their image and music into our homes, we wouldn't be talking about any of them today. They're all pop artists. You can dress it up all you want but all those West Coast acts we "grew up on" came across our radar because labels like Interscope, Jive, Sony, whoever, pumped money into putting their music and image on our TV sets, radios, and the movies we watched. We weren't buying N.W.A demo tapes out of the back of cars, we were buying them at the local CD shop with a Priority logo on them.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2011, 11:50:33 PM »
Shoulda been more Snoop on 2001........ who knows what other beats Dre has on Detox  :-\

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2011, 11:52:02 PM »
Oh i know that Eminem is a lyrical beast, no doubt about it and I'm a scholar of this game (and will always be) so I have studied it, at tha same time I've studied literally hundreds or thousands of other artists too.  But when you're like "i know it's hard to get past" is kinda like the breaking point of where i need 2 stop becuz that's important, if i can't listen to u for more than 30 seconds then it's a problem and not just with me either lol.  

I'm not tryna fade Eminem but for a record like "Detox" tho, the whole aura and mystique behind it, the legacy of Dr. Dre's music, his last album.... Eminem just doesn't cut it playing that "co-star" role.  "Detox" has to be organic first and foremost, it's not just another Eminem record, and "Detox" has to be hard and everything we've imagined (At least close to it) of what it should be.  If Dr. Dre uses Eminem as that sidekick role I'm telling you right now it's gonna be "Relapse" and "Recovery" all over again, and we all know how people feel about those albums.  Single(s)-wise Eminem is the perfect choice, albumwise he's not.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2011, 11:54:41 PM »
I mean we can debate on who's better all day and nobody is trying to take anything away from Eminem becuz I'd definitely be delusional if I said he didn't have an EMpact or Social relevance (or any skill 4 that matter) but he's not all what some people and the media have made him seem like all of these years.
Your statements are contradictory within themselves but I will certainly agree with the last part though I will broaden it a little and say that it applies to nearly every famous person in existence. None of them are as great as what the media and their fans build them up to be. Not Eminem. Not Dr. Dre. Not Tupac. Not Michael Jordan. Not Tiger Woods. Not anybody. They are all talented people who through a good support system, hard work, and a little bit of luck became stars. We put them on pedestals because they're gifted at their craft but at the end of the day, they are all flesh and blood human beings who go through the same struggles as everyone else walking the planet. We relate to them because something in what they do speaks to us and our situation but for all the hype from the media or the record labels or their P.R. people, they aren't Gods, literal or otherwise. If any of those artists mentioned did not have a major media conglomerate investing their money into pumping their image and music into our homes, we wouldn't be talking about any of them today. They're all pop artists. You can dress it up all you want but all those West Coast acts we "grew up on" came across our radar because labels like Interscope, Jive, Sony, whoever, pumped money into putting their music and image on our TV sets, radios, and the movies we watched. We weren't buying N.W.A demo tapes out of the back of cars, we were buying them at the local CD shop with a Priority logo on them.

^^^ u know what i hate the most about technology (at this particular SECOND) is that when it comes to blogs people always try 2 tear down everything u say.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=264593.0

oh and my statements aren't contradictory at all, u just want them 2 be

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2011, 11:59:06 PM »
This guy completely dodged name me Snoop's ten best song.

This guy don't want it.

Snoop Dogg has one great album. If anything most on the songs on Snoop's CD's are garbage. Outside of "Doggystyle" Snoop doesn't have one album without half the songs being "whatever".

Em has three classics & three average CDs. Snoop has one classic & like nine average to very below average CDs.

This shouldn't even be a topic for debate, but Mr. Shock Value is in the building so surprise, surprise.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2011, 12:00:43 AM »
Oh i know that Eminem is a lyrical beast, no doubt about it and I'm a scholar of this game (and will always be) so I have studied it, at tha same time I've studied literally hundreds or thousands of other artists too.  But when you're like "i know it's hard to get past" is kinda like the breaking point of where i need 2 stop becuz that's important, if i can't listen to u for more than 30 seconds then it's a problem and not just with me either lol.  

I'm not tryna fade Eminem but for a record like "Detox" tho, the whole aura and mystique behind it, the legacy of Dr. Dre's music, his last album.... Eminem just doesn't cut it playing that "co-star" role.  "Detox" has to be organic first and foremost, it's not just another Eminem record, and "Detox" has to be hard and everything we've imagined (At least close to it) of what it should be.  If Dr. Dre uses Eminem as that sidekick role I'm telling you right now it's gonna be "Relapse" and "Recovery" all over again, and we all know how people feel about those albums.  Single(s)-wise Eminem is the perfect choice, albumwise he's not.

Cmon dawg, I mean Relapse wasn't that bad. I understand if you didn't like Em's flow and voice on those records but the BEATS and Lyrics were Stupid sick. Dre had some fucken heaters on that. Recovery was trash as far as production IMO but Relapse has some tight shit. Relapse did not sound as commercial as Recovery. Relapse had some sick beats that fit Em's concepts. They were on some Horror, Psycho, Killing shit. I thought Dre had some Craaazy tracks but that's only my opinion. You should Listen to it again and i recommend some of that CALI KUSH so you can grasp and absorb the beat and lyrics haha.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2011, 12:03:25 AM »
LOL. "I have studied literally hundreds or THOUSANDS of other artists too."

That's great lol.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2011, 12:19:25 AM »
LMAO @ this clown with his "scientific facts" about who is better between Snoop and Eminem

you dont understand music chemistry, that's ok

I understand music chemistry fine. However, while I “agree” that Snoop and Dre have better chemistry on their collaborations than Em and Dre. The fact still remains, this is MY OPINION, not a proven fact.

and laugh even harder at Dre "literally" being a GOD OF MUSIC before he discovered Eminem.

you definitely don't know what tha fuck you're talking about now.  i dont even have 2 explain what Andre Young has done for music
  I understand a great deal about what Andre Young has done for music. However, that does not make him “literally” a God. Literally means he’s actually a God. He isn’t. For instance if I comment on a fight to my friend and say, “He took this dude’s head off with a punch”, the implication would be that he hit him really hard but anyone with a basic understanding of language would get the exaggeration. If I say, he “literally” took this dude’s head off, it implies that the statement which would normally be read as an exaggeration is not and I’m telling the story as it actually happened. Hence by you saying, “Dre was literally a God of music before he discovered Eminem” tells me that you have no idea what the word “literally” means or how it’s properly used or you’re under the false delusion that Andre Young was actually a higher power prior to 1998. 

You can narrow it down to whatever racial or geographical or worldy terms you want, it's the same thing I tell love33, no matter what fucking community or city you represent, you're still touching less than 1% of the fucking country so your personal perception of how the public receives anything is no stronger than anyone elses.

you don't really know how i view shit or how wide i view it... next.  but i will say that my answer to that does ly within this thread (about 12 or 13 times)
You’re right that I don’t know how you view shit. However, I do know that no matter how powerful a person is in status or socially-active he or she is, they can only occupy one space at one time. No matter what city/town you’re in and how much you move around, your perception of the social scene will only be that of the ground you cover. You can be the hottest shit in New York or Compton or wherever but that’s still just a small portion of the overall population. If you hang out at clubs, you only know what the club perception of things is. If you’re a mainstay in the hood, you only know what the block is talking about. You see what I’m getting at. You can’t tell me what black America is feeling because you talked to thirty or a hundred or even a thousand people or because you watched the crowd reaction at a BET taping. Have some sense please. There’s a word for gaging perceptions of an entire race on the handful of people you meet or see on TV. It’s stereotyping.

It's not a reverse racism thing at all. It's more like talking down on what's popular just because it's popular. It's people whose insecurity won't let them admit they enjoy music that is mainstream. I see the same thing with Jay-Z and other artists. You can have an artist that is fucking great but once the white kids or the crossover audience embraces them, they have to champion some other artist who is nowhere near as good to be "better" because his video isn't on MTV. I'm not saying there aren't a whole shit load of garbage artists that are on MTV but popular music has always been hit and miss.

So how do u feel about Gucci Mane and Rick Ross (honestly)... none of that "i think they suck but..." shit
Truthfully based on the music I’ve heard from either, I’m not a fan. If I heard them before they were big, I probably would have said the same. If they put out music that I actually dug, I wouldn’t be afraid to admit it whether it was on MTV everyday or not. I enjoy good music period. Am I supposed to be ashamed of liking an artist that makes good music because some twelve-year-old preppie kid likes it too? Why should I lie to myself? It’s just music.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2011, 12:32:13 AM »
oh and my statements aren't contradictory at all, u just want them 2 be
I could care less whether they or they aren't. It's not making or breaking me but to say that "the Rap game can live and survive without Eminem, even to the point where it's like he's never even been here" in regards to his importance directly contradicts your statement that "denying his impact or relevance" would be delusional. To say that an industry could survive in the exact same form today without someone's contributions is saying they were not relevant to it at all.   

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2011, 02:25:13 AM »
Detox was posed to be the most advanced rap album...over the 10 years they said stuff like it was going to be surround n shit.

kush n i need a doctor are nothing tracks...really.

the doc should advance some careers rather than putting out an album i think. Groom Nipsey or some new wc artist.