Author Topic: Unheard Dr. Dre lyrics from Die Muthafucka Die  (Read 2529 times)

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Unheard Dr. Dre lyrics from Die Muthafucka Die
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 06:45:44 AM »
i stopped doing anything with the page around 99/00. but i was still around at the time. i never did anything with westcoastaftershock or d.r.e. so i dont know what they put up.  i dont even have contact with scott now, maybe kilo would be the person to ask.
i know i havnt got the song or heard it. i would love to tho. i wish all the remixed songs from the 1st tracklist of the chronic 2000 would leak.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 07:07:32 AM »
isn't there enough promo for the site already?  :P

Will_B

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 07:49:33 AM »
i stopped doing anything with the page around 99/00. but i was still around at the time. i never did anything with westcoastaftershock or d.r.e. so i dont know what they put up.  i dont even have contact with scott now, maybe kilo would be the person to ask.
i know i havnt got the song or heard it. i would love to tho. i wish all the remixed songs from the 1st tracklist of the chronic 2000 would leak.

Just out of interest, was there an alt url before westcoastaftershock.com (pre-2000)? I think the older news was from another site...

This was the old url for that leak http://www.geocities.com/dopesoundz/diemf.ra

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 08:02:04 AM »
it was even available for download publicaly on KazAa.. fucked up Q, like that Daz/Nate-song

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 08:28:33 AM »
and still unheard after reading this thread ::)

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 08:31:56 AM »

Just out of interest, was there an alt url before westcoastaftershock.com (pre-2000)? I think the older news was from another site...

here is the old geocities playa p site
http://www.oocities.org/hollywood/hills/5597/index.htm

heres my old part of it
http://www.oocities.org/hollywood/heights/5733/mjnewz.htm

they havnt been updated in years
i think there should be a archive in playa ps bit

Will_B

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 08:49:42 AM »

here is the old geocities playa p site
http://www.oocities.org/hollywood/hills/5597/index.htm

heres my old part of it
http://www.oocities.org/hollywood/heights/5733/mjnewz.htm

they havnt been updated in years
i think there should be a archive in playa ps bit

Cool thanks! Funny how digging round site like that turns suff up - it seems Foesum leaked Next Episode OG and possible Ho Hopper too in 1998!

MarshColin

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »
Next Episode and Ho Hopper did leak way back then. That's one of the reasons that they are such shit quality. Mp3's were new and dial up was the fastest internet connection so things were compressed to real audio so they could be streamed and downloaded faster.

I doubt that Die MF Die ever leaked back then. From doing a site with Nino (death row entertainment) I can tell you that he would put up these posts of all these rare tracks and mysteriously the links for the truly rare and unleaked songs were always dead from the beginning. He would make posts about songs he didn't have and put up a fake link and act like it got taken down. In the beginning he was cool and actually had rare tracks but as time went on he would talk a lot and couldn't back up his boasting. He pretty much lost all credibility after awhile.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 11:19:09 AM »
I used to check that site all the time back in the day and I can tell you for sure that song did not leak.

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 11:58:56 AM »
Next Episode and Ho Hopper did leak way back then. That's one of the reasons that they are such shit quality. Mp3's were new and dial up was the fastest internet connection so things were compressed to real audio so they could be streamed and downloaded faster.

I doubt that Die MF Die ever leaked back then. From doing a site with Nino (death row entertainment) I can tell you that he would put up these posts of all these rare tracks and mysteriously the links for the truly rare and unleaked songs were always dead from the beginning. He would make posts about songs he didn't have and put up a fake link and act like it got taken down. In the beginning he was cool and actually had rare tracks but as time went on he would talk a lot and couldn't back up his boasting. He pretty much lost all credibility after awhile.

Thanks thats very interesting. The 2 main sources of leaks seem to be a Dat/s that were leant for coping and the Foesum site then. Imsohappy seems sure that this track actually made it into circulation at that time though... ???

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 02:00:18 PM »
this was never leaked, nino himself told me this in a phone convo a long time ago

MarshColin

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 02:04:53 PM »

Thanks thats very interesting. The 2 main sources of leaks seem to be a Dat/s that were leant for coping and the Foesum site then. Imsohappy seems sure that this track actually made it into circulation at that time though... ???

If Die MF Die is out there I would say it's much more likely to be out there because of WideAwake as opposed to Nino. I was pretty into the "scene" back when this supposedly leaked and I doubt that I would have missed it had it really been out there.

MarshColin

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 02:05:46 PM »
this was never leaked, nino himself told me this in a phone convo a long time ago

Did he claim to have it still though?

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 02:13:54 PM »

Did he claim to have it still though?

yes i do believe he has it

Mietek23

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 02:24:23 PM »
a lot of shit was available in the "audio-galaxy" and "kazaa" days that got lost thru the years - I remember a lot of stuff from Kurupt I got from there in like 2001-2002 that I lost and I never saw again... shame.