Author Topic: The South Is Becoming The Freestyle Capital Of Hip Hop...  (Read 228 times)

S.G.V.

The South Is Becoming The Freestyle Capital Of Hip Hop...
« on: January 05, 2003, 06:06:09 PM »
throughout the south u got peeps makin full freestyle albums...theyve been doin for a long time...The Screwed Up Clique basically started it...Swisha House came in and took over...then u got Lil Flip who just put out a Freestyle album in honor of his album goin platinum...Lil Wayne and The Squad have a few freestyle albums out too...and most of these muthafuckas can flow...theyre over looked cuz theyre from the south...but shit...not many people can freestyle like them....

S.G.V.

Re:The South Is Becoming The Freestyle Capital Of Hip Hop...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 06:30:18 PM »
so everyones sleeping?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 06:38:10 PM »
For me, freestyling is dope and live battling is great too but I'm not really into albums with just freestyles on it, I'll just peep them live or on mixtapes.  I don't know if these albums are just compliations of their best freestyles, if they have DJs yelling in the background or what but I just prefer albums with variety and concepts.

S.G.V.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 07:38:21 PM »
For me, freestyling is dope and live battling is great too but I'm not really into albums with just freestyles on it, I'll just peep them live or on mixtapes.  I don't know if these albums are just compliations of their best freestyles, if they have DJs yelling in the background or what but I just prefer albums with variety and concepts.
most of it is all new shit...flowin over the newest beats...and they go with the beats...u can tell theyre new...theres no djs yellin...just peep one...ull see...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 11:08:34 PM »

Fuck the south...
If it ain't Face or the early 90's  it ain't me..

OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

S.G.V.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2003, 12:44:59 AM »
^^^thats all i hear from peeps here on the west...EXPAND UR MIND YALL....

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2003, 01:19:02 AM »
^^^thats all i hear from peeps here on the west...EXPAND UR MIND YALL....

For real... leave Scarface and the West alone and try to listen to somethin new.. As far as the freestyles go, sometimes I Feel like Snoop is kinda doing that, but Lil Wayne, sometimes it shows that his shit is freestyle, but it still flows

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2003, 02:27:54 AM »
For me, freestyling is dope and live battling is great too but I'm not really into albums with just freestyles on it, I'll just peep them live or on mixtapes.  

Same here. They're dope to hear don't get me wrong, and they're vital to hip-hop but when I want to really listen to hip-hop i'd rather listen to a proper album, proper constructed songs like.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2003, 05:54:17 AM »
for real the Lil Wayne freestyles on the SQ5 album r dope!!

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2003, 12:53:29 PM »
^^^yea...just give em a chance...theyre real tight...