Author Topic: I Need A Doctor slips from #10 to #11 on Billboard ( shit floppin' )  (Read 1412 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: I Need A Doctor slips from #10 to #11 on Billboard ( shit floppin' )
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 07:14:01 PM »
I still think this will be a run up single like Kush was, and that Detox will have entirely different songs altogether.

1) Kush - Dre getting his face out there, and back on the TV to create awareness, and a little buzz to re-introduce the hype for Detox
2) I need a Doctor - More like an Eminem song, pleading for the doc to come back, an introduction from Eminem spesifically for the new generation out there who may not know who Dr Dre is
3) Detox album - He's back (no kush or I need a doctor, but an album, new songs)

The only thing they've missed on the run up, is Dre producing a lady gaga single to keep his name on the playing field level. I was reluctantly expecting this from Interscope.

shut your ass up trying to rationalize the wackness that is detox
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

HighEyeCue

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 04:01:40 PM »
the song is still #10 on Itunes, still selling well

h2k4

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 05:04:54 PM »
I still think this will be a run up single like Kush was, and that Detox will have entirely different songs altogether.

1) Kush - Dre getting his face out there, and back on the TV to create awareness, and a little buzz to re-introduce the hype for Detox
2) I need a Doctor - More like an Eminem song, pleading for the doc to come back, an introduction from Eminem spesifically for the new generation out there who may not know who Dr Dre is
3) Detox album - He's back (no kush or I need a doctor, but an album, new songs)

Hmm, interesting idea.  I don't think they thought of doing that but maybe they should have.  I believe that Detox is not going to live up to everyone's hype.  I think "Kush" and "I Need a Dr" are doing well and are paving the way for some major party single.  Dre is just stuck in a catch 22.  If he drops something influenced by weed and drinking, etc... everyone will complain that he's forcing it and he's too old to rap about that stuff.  If he makes a song with anyone popular in the mainstream and steers clear from the weed and drinking subjects, everyone will complain.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 05:51:49 PM »

Hmm, interesting idea.  I don't think they thought of doing that but maybe they should have.  I believe that Detox is not going to live up to everyone's hype.  I think "Kush" and "I Need a Dr" are doing well and are paving the way for some major party single.  Dre is just stuck in a catch 22.  If he drops something influenced by weed and drinking, etc... everyone will complain that he's forcing it and he's too old to rap about that stuff.  If he makes a song with anyone popular in the mainstream and steers clear from the weed and drinking subjects, everyone will complain.

Those really aren't his only two choices....there's a hundred different directions he could go

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 06:39:59 PM »
I liked the production that was hinted at with the various T.I leaks.  It's too bad that didn't come to fruition.  It had a certain grown man class.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Hittman2001

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 06:51:37 PM »
my opinion on this (like it matters...lol) is that Dre is coming with a totally new sound on detox.  We've read what Khalil said about Dre's involvment in the Kush beat....he was pretty much in control of that track's outcome...however he only took mixing credit on it.  And i need a doctor didnt have any involvement from Dre other than his rapping (from what i've read).  So...i'm guessing he doesnt want his name attached to these two types of sounds/productions because he is coming with something new and doesnt want to have his name (as producer) associated with them.  just a hunch...

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 07:07:47 PM »
I liked the production that was hinted at with the various T.I leaks.  It's too bad that didn't come to fruition.  It had a certain grown man class.

Agree. Really like those songs too..

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 07:22:02 PM »

Agree. Really like those songs too..

I'll tell you right now, Shit Popped Off beat>>>>>>>anything that will be on Detox
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 07:30:56 PM »
Not trying to defend, just sayinnnnn'..

if this was a single to Eminem's next album, there wouldn't be such an extreme hate. Possibly love.

Just admit it's because it's on Detox & you want more.
If an Eminem album was 10 years in the making, I'd want something better from that too.

Yeah, but point being that it wasn't the "worst song ever".

Kush wasn't good enough for ten years. I don't think a song in the history of the World is worth a ten year wait.
That's Dre's fault for constantly pushing the album back. There is no way it can live up to its potential. And this is from someone who thought Kush was pretty good. The best Dre can do now is release the album, let everybody be disappointed, and wait 5 years for people to give the album a fair evaluation without all the hype, expectations and all that other bull shit.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 07:34:27 PM »
my opinion on this (like it matters...lol) is that Dre is coming with a totally new sound on detox.  We've read what Khalil said about Dre's involvment in the Kush beat....he was pretty much in control of that track's outcome...however he only took mixing credit on it.  And i need a doctor didnt have any involvement from Dre other than his rapping (from what i've read).  So...i'm guessing he doesnt want his name attached to these two types of sounds/productions because he is coming with something new and doesnt want to have his name (as producer) associated with them.  just a hunch...

Then why choose those songs as singles? Stupid as fuck thing to do

Hittman2001

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 07:57:56 PM »

To get his name back out in the public ???

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 08:52:21 PM »

Not having his name on something ain't going to get his name out there

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2011, 02:46:42 AM »

Not having his name on something ain't going to get his name out there
performing gets his name out there more than producing.