Author Topic: State Of The DUB-CC  (Read 1190 times)

Don Seer

Re: State Of The DUB-CC
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 07:10:36 AM »
This ain't a democracy, plus you haven't given an opinion or any valid reasoning against it.

Portugoal

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 07:28:17 AM »
this makes me wanna install mIRC again

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 07:29:52 AM »
it should be split becuz 1st it's the professional way to do things and 2nd it's been past time.  me personally i will always love all of the music I grew up on [The Ruthless Family Tree and so on] but I don't really care all of the time about it all.  But like what if I wanna go back and see from back in tha dayz that maybe I didn't see (like some of this Ruthless Records memorabilia n shit) but I have 2 look back crazy far and hard (which i never do) just to find it, that shit would blow.

and then i wanna know what's going on with the new shit.  

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 09:20:38 AM »
Hey look.. its me.. online. posting.. wtf!?  ???

The forum will be moving at some point in the near-ish future to  http://www.dubcnn.com/forum/

The forum will still be called West Coast Connection / DUBCC but it will be.. The West Coast Connection (at DUBCNN)..

So just a bit of joining up really..

While I'm going to spending sometime working the move and sorting it all out.. What changes do we think could be made at the same time?

One thing i've been thinking about is a dedicated forum for 'classic' west coast era stuff.. there are complaints/concerns that too much 'new' west stuff gets lost from the main section, as well as discussions on news updates.. so I figured since the golden era was roughly 15 years ago there should be a place for people appreciating the classics/living in the past. a dedicated death row/ruthless type sub forum.

so all topics will be moved to this new location?

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »
nah the main section will remain as is... mod's can move old/popular topics over if they like.. and new ones created in the wrong place could be moved in..

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 09:36:56 AM »
nah the main section will remain as is... mod's can move old/popular topics over if they like.. and new ones created in the wrong place could be moved in..

but you're talking about the upcoming 'classic' section, im talking about the moving of the forum to the new url.
dubcc.com will disappear right?

'EclipZe

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 09:41:46 AM »
Are you planning to do the same for the outbound connections board? Maybe you could split that up into a hiphop/rap board and other genres board?

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 09:44:34 AM »
nah.. otherwise we'll end up with blues/rock etc etc... it aint busy enough either... posts go back 4 days or so.. a section is too busy when the page 2 has a bunch of posts from today on it

dreday > it'll do the same as the old old URL does (http://www.igangsta.com/) which is bounce to the new location .. all the posts will remain intact (no way that'd get lost!)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 09:47:33 AM »
dreday > it'll do the same as the old old URL does (http://www.igangsta.com/) which is bounce to the new location .. all the posts will remain intact (no way that'd get lost!)
ah ok. yeah i figured nothing would get lost, but wanted to make sure, thanks 8)

The Predator

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 09:57:51 AM »
One thing i've been thinking about is a dedicated forum for 'classic' west coast era stuff.. there are complaints/concerns that too much 'new' west stuff gets lost from the main section, as well as discussions on news updates.. so I figured since the golden era was roughly 15 years ago there should be a place for people appreciating the classics/living in the past. a dedicated death row/ruthless type sub forum.

Do not do that, it may kill the forum. Everything is fine as it is.

As there is not much noise coming from the West these days, it makes no sense to divide an active WC forum.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:59:22 AM by The Predator »

Will_B

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
Oh shit I just hada panic attack! Will *ALL* the old posts on this forum be saved? I use this forum on the daily to research old stuff. Leaks from way back, producer info, obscure forgotten tracks etc etc..

PLEASE SAY THE OLD FORUM POSTS WILL REMAIN SEARCHABLE!!!!

Please. It's actually part of West Coast history. :'(

Don Seer

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 10:08:14 AM »
of course of course..

the dubcnn server is more powerful that the vps dubcc is running from.. so it'll be faster
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:11:42 AM by Don Seer »

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 10:10:47 AM »
of course of course..

Props!!! There's so much shit on here I'm still woking through as a pick up on more and more stuff I like...

Just thought that was an important point :)

kuruptlon

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 11:24:40 AM »
having a mobile version of dubcc would be key

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 11:29:10 AM »

Do not do that, it may kill the forum. Everything is fine as it is.

As there is not much noise coming from the West these days, it makes no sense to divide an active WC forum.

you are right.

at least do a vote. anything else would be lame as shit.