Author Topic: The Source Bullshit Review for It's On  (Read 1067 times)

Knett

• 'G'
Re: The Source Bullshit Review for It's On
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 09:16:45 AM »
I still donīt get why people idolize Eazy so much. Next in line after Pac, all made legends after their demise.

Production wise Itīs On can never top the Chronic. Again, only Real MFGīs can match.
Lyrics wise I donīt wanna hear Eazy on every track ripping on another MC. Itīs like a Game mixtape 5 years ago!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
well, it might be a classic today. but to be really honest it couldnt be compared to the chronic. (imo)
that's bullshit. i'd say joints like real muthaphukkin g'z and it's on tore both dre and snoop a new ass hole. that ep was on that level it was more gangsta and it sold well too. eazy was speakin the real. he said death row was gonna crumble and it did. that nigga said in 93 dre was gettin ganked for his bank and years down the line in 96 dre bounced from death row (snoop did too). so who really won the war ? it shoulda been a full album though. eazy slaughtered snoop and dre on 'it's on' LMFAO.

WTF?  Who won the war?  Is this a real question?  Dre is a multi millionaire and Eazy is dead.  Who do YOU think won the war?
dre lost a friend, there's no winner

bouli77

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 10:04:37 AM »
music-wise It's On, Boyz N The Hood G-Mix, Down 2 Tha Last Roach, and of course Real Muthaphukkin' G'z are on par with The Chronic. Gimme That Nut and Still A Nigga come off rather weak but are still entertaining for other reasons.

rap-wise, BG Knocc Out & Dre'sta are very good rappers

Lyrics wise, I'd say that Real MF G'z is better than any other diss song put out by the Death Row or Ruthless camp. Eazy sounded much more confident than Dre on Fuckin' Wit Dre Day or Bitches Ain't Shit. And with only two lines he made the track : "All of a sudden Dr. Dre is a G-Thang, but on is own album covers he was a She Thang" /
"I hope that your fans understand when you talk about sprayin me, the same records that you're makin' is paying me"

and this EP sold more copies than The Chronic (4 millions against 3 millions i think), yet the Chronic had much more impact on the industry.

I'm trying to be objective, I don't side with any of the camps. It's very groupie-ish to root for people who know each other and that you don't even know. It's sad really. I personally enjoy Death Row music as much as Ruthless music and give praise to the producers, rappers and musicians that made it happen.

Knett, people tend to idolize Eazy for his style and charisma. These are two of the most important factors in Hip-Hop. And Eazy-E was a legend before his death. Dude had his own radio show, had multiple platinum plaques, was even acknowledged by the republican party all during his lifetime. It's not like his clout or visibility increased after he died, you barely hear anything about him nowadays whereas Pac and Big are still household names.

BIGWORM

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 05:12:11 PM »
Fuck that dude was a hater. The funny thing was everything EAZY-E said wound up to be true. That EP is the greatest ep of all time....

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 05:15:47 PM »
Fuck that dude was a hater. The funny thing was everything EAZY-E said wound up to be true. That EP is the greatest ep of all time....

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 02:43:40 AM »
I still donīt get why people idolize Eazy so much. Next in line after Pac, all made legends after their demise.

Production wise Itīs On can never top the Chronic. Again, only Real MFGīs can match.
Lyrics wise I donīt wanna hear Eazy on every track ripping on another MC. Itīs like a Game mixtape 5 years ago!
he doesn't get nearly the amount of praise that 2pac gets

you mean about suge knight & dre wanting eazy's spot?