Author Topic: wtf is going on with mc ren?  (Read 1408 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: wtf is going on with mc ren?
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 05:29:35 PM »
He didn't want to be a part of the anti-Death Row thing that Eazy was doing and he was publicly vocal about not wanting to do an N.W.A. record without everyone included. I believe him and Eazy actually were down-low complaining about it in that Fab 5 Freddy MTV interview way back when.

Yup. That's the one. Eazy and Ren are visibly not on the same page there. It's funny that they say Ren "disses" him too because when Eazy talks about Dre, Ren's head is tilting down like he wants no part of it. Then when Ren says he'll do it if "everyone" comes together. 

Blood$

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2011, 05:34:08 PM »
i have villan in black on cassette tape

same lol gonna sell it on ebay soon hopefully along with some other tapes I got

Okka

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2011, 06:01:56 PM »
"Shootin The Shit A Lil Bit" was tight as fuck. Quality of the whole album was mad shitty though.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2011, 09:32:06 PM »
bumpin villan in black w the beats headphones shit sounds like a whole different album...keep in mind the last time i heard this was on cassette probably in my sony walkman at that.

this shit BEATS.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2011, 10:52:53 PM »
bumpin villan in black w the beats headphones shit sounds like a whole different album...keep in mind the last time i heard this was on cassette probably in my sony walkman at that.

this shit BEATS.
Yeah, it's funny people shit on beats oh it's just a name blah blah, but thier the same people living with thier parents too broke to afford them. Best headphones I've ever owned, every album is a new listening experience with them

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 11:23:32 PM »
dude must be broke if he put out an album with that low production values. If he can't get his own shit together why would others fuck with him?

MC Ren had the talent to blow up on the solo tip like Cube and Dre but he made the mistake with sticking with Eazy

was only a mistake because Eazy got Aids and he was stuck on ruthless after E died, i dont think at the time he knew his homie was gonna die.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 11:35:39 PM »

this shit BEATS.
Yeah, it's funny people shit on beats oh it's just a name blah blah, but thier the same people living with thier parents too broke to afford them. Best headphones I've ever owned, every album is a new listening experience with them

no doubt best headphones ive ever used...they have even made my beats sound alot better.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2011, 03:15:14 AM »
dude must be broke if he put out an album with that low production values. If he can't get his own shit together why would others fuck with him?

MC Ren had the talent to blow up on the solo tip like Cube and Dre but he made the mistake with sticking with Eazy

was only a mistake because Eazy got Aids and he was stuck on ruthless after E died, i dont think at the time he knew his homie was gonna die.
how do you guys know he was stuck there?

as far as i know he chose to do one more album there. he regrets it now though

HighEyeCue

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2011, 05:29:27 AM »
First time I listened to Renincarnation and it doesn't compare to his other albums but it was good to hear Ren spit again.

I agree the production and mixing are quite poor though

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2011, 09:10:55 AM »
First time I listened to Renincarnation and it doesn't compare to his other albums but it was good to hear Ren spit again.

Ren is also featured on Tha Chill's recent EP, Chillafornia

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2011, 05:03:54 PM »
Another album would be a bad idea. He doesn't have any direction, and his whole style of pure hardcore raps is pretty played out imo. He hasn't been able to evolve his style like Cube or Dre. If anything I'd prefer to hear him on features with them, but that shit ain't gonna happen so might as well forget about it.

If making horrible faux southern music like cube is evolving no wonder hip hop is considered dead. And how has dre evolved he's still rapping about the same exact shit

Cube only fell off in recent years though. Look at his whole his career and you can see how his style has evolved. From the nigga you love to hate, to west side connection, to the don mega. He managed to stay relevant for so long that now it doesn't matter whether he drops another album. His legacy is set.

Dre evolved as a producer with his sound and managed to stay relevant. He's not really a rapper. The guy made 2 albums in a 20 year span, both carried by their production and the other artists involved. He's maintained his relevance by working with rappers, not by being one.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2011, 05:40:59 PM »

Ren is also featured on Tha Chill's recent EP, Chillafornia

I need to check that out

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2011, 09:51:07 PM »
idk i thought cold187ums production on villain in black was kinda not on par with his other shit. imo shock of the hour is the best ren album.  did anyone cop that ren ft. jon doe maxi single? that track in the ghetto is my all time favorite ren song.  sombody up that shit the beat is sooooo sick!!!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2011, 10:17:51 PM »
idk i thought cold187ums production on villain in black was kinda not on par with his other shit. imo shock of the hour is the best ren album.  did anyone cop that ren ft. jon doe maxi single? that track in the ghetto is my all time favorite ren song.  sombody up that shit the beat is sooooo sick!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?fgylc6tzfvn4ka6

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2011, 10:31:43 PM »
fuc yeah man eveyone listen to that shit, that is what ren is capable of on the solo independant game and that is what we should expect. he can still make dope shit.