Author Topic: Twitter's reaction to Nate's passing  (Read 3068 times)

Mista Rosa

Twitter's reaction to Nate's passing
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:09:16 PM »
Slim The Mobster:

"I'm really tripping cuz half u niggaz tweeting shot Nate ... Ain't real cuz he was at Pomona Valley for months and don't recall seeing you"

"Muthafuckaz I scene at the hospital...Pomona pimpin Young... Lil Mama.... Fred wreck.... N a couple other people.."

"I feel like he wasnt being getting real homie love... More then that i think it was getting to him...  
Yea... Cuz been fucked up... But his doctor said he had a chance... I think he gave up... They said his recovery was up to him"

WC:

"For anybody else who got some slick shit to say about nate's passing, nate will always live with us through music, and we would be selfish to want him to live in the condition he was in, so my condolences goes to family and real friends first, whom I reached out to personally and not via everybody on twitter"

Fredwreck:

"What I wouldn't give to hear him say "Roll One" just one more time. To the world you were a legend but to me you were my friend. iLuvUNate"

"Man i just wokeup.. I was hoping it was all a Bad Dream.. No more pain Nathan.. :( Rest in Power"

Butch Cassidy:

"GOD Called Him Home! R.I.P NATE DOGG"

DJ Quik:

"Nathaniel Hale, south paw."

Damizza:

"Sad day. Rest in peace Nate Dogg. You we're and will always be the best- thank you for all the good times.. Love u bro... "

Shade Sheist:

"yes Haters.. he made ALL of our records hits.. thaz wat homies do 4 each other.. but... what did Nate do for You..? ..oh that's right."

"I hope Nate's lesson spreads far.. yall forgot about him, his coast and genre due to envy, greed and straight hate.. Now he's Gone."

"where wuz this support when he really NEEDED it!?"

"can't wait to hear MIKE, NATE and ROGER on that track.."

Fabolous:

"I would like 2 #Salute the Life of a good dude.. Not jus 4 being on my 1st Single but 4 always being a stand up guy! #RIPNateDogg"

Ludacris:

"There is a certain void in hip hop's heart that can never be filled.Glad we got to make history together. RT @SnoopDogg: RIP NATE DOGG."

Will Smith:

"Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them." Never forget Nate Dogg and his Hip-Hop legacy."

Bad Lucc:

"No1 Repped "The Great NATE" on a DAILY more than Warren G.... NOBODY! Love You Big Homey! And RIP NATE!!!!!"

Battlecat:

"R.I.p. nate dogg I miss you much . I thank god for a friend in music to keep me company in this crazy world thanks snoop dogg and lbc dpg"

Frank Nitty:

"BlowN away still, about tha big homie #NATEDOGG ....N/P ""Nobody does it better"" of tha Gfunk classic album!...My Boys voice was ABNORMAL"

"If U aint from LBC..or close to tha family...don't send me no mothafuccN dm talking about u want a drop for a Nate Dogg tribute album! PUNK!"

"Leaches already trying to utilize tha homies passing....I promise U niggaz...I'm smashing on U soon as I see tha wrong promo on Nate Dogg!"

"Yea I'm talking to U nigga!....Don't have me get my niggaz on ur head bro....U aint right and I see threw U...that will be my last WARNING!"

Kokane:

"We lost a heavy weight--->RIP to my brotha Nate Dogg, this 1 hurts right here! My condolences to his Fam! Rest in Heavenly Peace Nate!!"

"Sum people or so fucC'n fake,when Nate dogg was down where was y'all @, sum niggaz got NateDog sound alikes on they records! Str8 hippocrites"

QD3:

"moment of silence celebrating the life of Nate Dogg, salute brother, was an honor to work with you my dude..."

Bad Azz:

"DPGC in peace BIG HOMIE , your're gone but DPG will never let U be forgotten !!! #NateDoggRIP I love u !!!"

Snoop Dogg;

"We lost a true legend n hip hop n rnb. One of my best friends n a brother to me since 1986 when I was a sophomore at poly high where we met."

"I miss u cuzz I am so sad but so happy I got to grow up wit u and I will c u again n heaven cuz u know d slogan."

"I love u buddy luv. U will always b wit me 4ever n a day u put the g n g funk u put the 1 n 213 n u put yo stamp on evrybdy u ever didit wit."

LL Cool J:

"My Prayers and Love go out to the family & Friends of Nate Dog. His voice was/ is magic."

Soopafly:

" My two man on the court wit the old wrap around reverse lay up wit the left hand. Dat shit never worked on me but man my nigga did dat!!  

Nate used ta get mad at me cuz I used ta be embarrassed to sing. Thought it was soft. Dam near singin on every song I'm on now. My nigga

Never said thanx for stayin down when we shoulda ran. Took some lumps but u stayed wit me. Only u know wut I'm talkin bout. Thanx my nigga!!

Thank u to my homeboy Nathaniel hale. Always stood up for me when it really counted. He made me walk thru my fire. Made me stronger.... "

DJ Pooh:

" RIP NATE DOGG... You will be missed. "

Ice T:

"I woke up this morning to learn that another Hip Hop Legend and friend has passed away.. Rest in peace Nate Dogg. We'll miss you my nigga."

OG Daddy V:

"WOW MY NIGGA NATE IS GONE.THE WESTCOAST HIP HOP R&B LEGEND IS GONE YAL!! R.I.P NATE DOGG.YOU WILL BE GREATLY MISSED.SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE"

Bo Roc, Going hard:

"IT WAS ONLY MONTHS AGO THAT AN ATTEMPT WAS MADE BY ONE OF NATE'S REAL FRIENDS WARREN G TO PUT TOGETHER A BENEFIT SHOW FOR NATE

THIS WAS WHILE NATE WAS STILL HERE,AND PHONE CALLS AS WELL AS EMAILS WERE SENT TO EVERY ARTIST THAT NATE HAD BLESSED WITH HIS TALENTS BEFORE

AND TO GREAT SURPRISE & DISAPPOINTMENT NO ONE OUTSIDE OF OUR WEST COAST CIRCLE RESPONDED AT ALL!!"

HEY ALL YOU STUPID DJ's PLAYING "NATE DOGG" TRIBUTES PLEASE STOP WITH THE DR.DRE "KUSH" SONG,THAT'S NOT NATE & SHAME ON DRE 4 WHOEVER IT IS!    

"LONG BEACH STAND UP AND WEST COAST SALUTE TO OUR FALLEN BROTHER & FELLOW SOLDIER AND MY NEW HOPE BAPTIST CHURCH CHILDHOOD HOMEBOY NATE DOGG!

GOD BLESS 2 ALL HIS REAL FANS,LETS KEEP HIS MEMORY ALIVE CAUSE WITHOUT HIM THERE WAS NO "G FUNK" BUT THROUGH ME WHAT HE GAVE US WILL LIVE ON

SHOW A LITTLE MORE RESPECT FOR HIS REAL FAMILY,FRIENDS & FANS AND LET'S NOT MAKE A MEDIA CIRCUS OF OUR LOSS,ESPECIALLY COME FUNERAL TIME!

WITH THIER FAKE CONCERNS & CONDOLENCES VIA TWITTER. THIS IS NOT AN EVENT MEANT TO BE CAPITALIZED ON, SO TAKE HEED TO THIS WARNING."

Busta Ryhmes:

"SHIT POPPIN' 2 NATE DOGG RIGHT NOW IN CLUB CAMEO!!R.I.P. GOD FATHER, LEGEND & FRIEND, NATE DOGG!!!WE WILL LOVE U AND MISS U 4EVER!!SALUTE!!!"

Mike Tyson:

"To a true legend in hip-hop music, RIP Nate Dogg. You will forever be missed."

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:14:53 PM by Mista Rosa »
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Twitter's reaction to Nate's passing
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:12:34 PM »
Bo Roc, Going hard:

"IT WAS ONLY MONTHS AGO THAT AN ATTEMPT WAS MADE BY ONE OF NATE'S REAL FRIENDS WARREN G TO PUT TOGETHER A BENEFIT SHOW FOR NATE

THIS WAS WHILE NATE WAS STILL HERE,AND PHONE CALLS AS WELL AS EMAILS WERE SENT TO EVERY ARTIST THAT NATE HAD BLESSED WITH HIS TALENTS BEFORE

AND TO GREAT SURPRISE & DISAPPOINTMENT NO ONE OUTSIDE OF OUR WEST COAST CIRCLE RESPONDED AT ALL!!"

damnnnn
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:20:45 PM »
Interesting what slim said. I thought dre was disrespectful putting a soundalike on lush. Dre seems like a piece of shit as a person, I've always felt that way. Seems like he doesn't give a shit about anyone except himself.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:21:50 PM »
Interesting what slim said. I thought dre was disrespectful putting a soundalike on lush. Dre seems like a piece of shit as a person, I've always felt that way. Seems like he doesn't give a shit about anyone except himself.

Dee Barnes agrees with u
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

bouli77

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 08:27:23 PM »
Dj Premier, Pete Rock, Mike Dean, Jazze Pha, Equipto, Prodigy, Ciara, MC Eiht, DJ Khaled, Crooked I, Ja Rule, Trae, Royce, Hi Tek, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Bun B, DJ Clue, Mariah Carey, J. Stalin, E-40, Knoc Turnal, Mystikal, Bow Wow, Jermaine Dupri, Diddy, Teddy Riley, Davey D, Jayo Felony, Benzino all paid homage to nate on their twitter account.

I wonder who Slim The Mobster is hinting at. Bo Roc is right, too.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:36:25 PM by bouli77 »

terrymak

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 08:31:04 PM »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
First off, none of us wouldn't even know who Nate Dogg is if not for Dre. It seems kind of a bit much to label this man that harshly based off some assumptions you're making from the outside looking in. I know it's the nature of the Internet but I'm really not feeling how quickly a lot of us are going from celebrating Nate's life to just using his death as an excuse to hate.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »
I've always felt that way. You didn't hear one word from dre this whole time about Nate. And countless artists have spoken on how people give thier everything for dre in the music, but when it's time for dre to help someone else he's not around or giving a shit. Look how quickly he turned his back on game. Now he's doing the same to 50. Em makes him millions so he loves him. Take it however you want but if you can't read between the lines of what type of person dre is I can't say you can read people. The way he used a soundalike on kush was disgusting. Yes nates life should be celebrated but a lot of these industry people are snakes, and look what slim wrote. Dre never visited Nate, you don't think that would crush Nate? By all accounts from several sources Nate just gave up after being constantly depressed at how his alleged friends treated him. It's disgusting. How do you think Nate would feel when he heard kush?

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 09:59:02 PM »
I've always felt that way. You didn't hear one word from dre this whole time about Nate. And countless artists have spoken on how people give thier everything for dre in the music, but when it's time for dre to help someone else he's not around or giving a shit. Look how quickly he turned his back on game. Now he's doing the same to 50. Em makes him millions so he loves him. Take it however you want but if you can't read between the lines of what type of person dre is I can't say you can read people. The way he used a soundalike on kush was disgusting. Yes nates life should be celebrated but a lot of these industry people are snakes, and look what slim wrote. Dre never visited Nate, you don't think that would crush Nate? By all accounts from several sources Nate just gave up after being constantly depressed at how his alleged friends treated him. It's disgusting. How do you think Nate would feel when he heard kush?
+1
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 10:02:48 PM »

This thread was just MY observation & was made 12-27-2010.
While not everyone agreed alot of people did find the "soundalike" disrespectful.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=260934.0

Funkstradamus

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 10:05:51 PM »
Bo Roc, Going hard:

The realest shit i read all day...

damnnnn

NoobCake

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 10:09:01 PM »

1st of all, whatever financial security nate had was due to Dre.  He gave him his first life in the industry when he signed to death row.  The he gave him his second life when he put him on 2001.  Before that album NOBODY outside of dpg fucked with him.  It was after 2001 that everybody (ludacris, fabolous, eminem, mos def, e-40, 50 cent,etc.) started to fuck with him.  Dre mentioned Nate in numerous recent interviews.  Using a Nate soundalike BECAUSE Nate couldn't even talk was a tibute to him if anything.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 10:16:45 PM »
Nate was successful because of himself, not dre. And it was no tribute, it was dre just showing his ugly side. That Nate was nothing to him but a voice, a voice he can get some guy to emulate. You think dre would be friends with eminem if his first album flopped and he got dropped? Please.

NoobCake

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »
Nate was successful because of himself, not dre. And it was no tribute, it was dre just showing his ugly side. That Nate was nothing to him but a voice, a voice he can get some guy to emulate. You think dre would be friends with eminem if his first album flopped and he got dropped? Please.

His talent was his obviously, but financial success?  No.  There are a lot of talented artist out there who are unknown and broke because nobody ever cosigned them.  Dre did that with Nate.

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 10:34:26 PM »

1st of all, whatever financial security nate had was due to Dre.  He gave him his first life in the industry when he signed to death row.  The he gave him his second life when he put him on 2001.  Before that album NOBODY outside of dpg fucked with him.  It was after 2001 that everybody (ludacris, fabolous, eminem, mos def, e-40, 50 cent,etc.) started to fuck with him.  Dre mentioned Nate in numerous recent interviews.  Using a Nate soundalike BECAUSE Nate couldn't even talk was a tibute to him if anything.

It is true that Dre gave Nate his "start" but...that's like saying Eazy-E made Dre...not Dre's talent. While many in the biz have benefited from Dre's cosign, some have made more $$$ from it than others. The reality is that Nate helped Dre just like Dre helped Nate. If he couldn't sing no one would have wanted to work with him. I just don't believe that using a backup singer who's clearly trying hard to sound like Nate is Dre's way of paying homage. There's plenty of ways he could have...Dre chose not to.