Author Topic: Twitter's reaction to Nate's passing  (Read 3066 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Twitter's reaction to Nate's passing
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 10:36:41 PM »
I've always felt that way. You didn't hear one word from dre this whole time about Nate. And countless artists have spoken on how people give thier everything for dre in the music, but when it's time for dre to help someone else he's not around or giving a shit. Look how quickly he turned his back on game. Now he's doing the same to 50. Em makes him millions so he loves him. Take it however you want but if you can't read between the lines of what type of person dre is I can't say you can read people. The way he used a soundalike on kush was disgusting. Yes nates life should be celebrated but a lot of these industry people are snakes, and look what slim wrote. Dre never visited Nate, you don't think that would crush Nate? By all accounts from several sources Nate just gave up after being constantly depressed at how his alleged friends treated him. It's disgusting. How do you think Nate would feel when he heard kush?
I would never claim to be able to READ someone who I've never met and does so few public appearances in any given year. You are making a lot of powerful assumptions here. What did Slim write? The name Dr. Dre never comes up once. But perhaps you're implying because he didn't mention it that he means he's one of the guys. I don't buy that. He doesn't mention Snoop either or Warren G or D.O.C. or a lot of other people. We want to read between the lines? When former associates like Sam Sneed and the original Big Pimpin' were having medical problems, Dre showed them support and these were people who hadn't worked with him in years when their situations happened. More so, Nate was always a part of projects in Dre's camp with everyone from 50 to Game to Eminem. How Nate would feel about Kush or why Dre did things is not up to you, me, or any other person to speculate on because there are far from significant facts to back up any judgement you're gonna make.

NoobCake

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 10:51:25 PM »
I've always felt that way. You didn't hear one word from dre this whole time about Nate. And countless artists have spoken on how people give thier everything for dre in the music, but when it's time for dre to help someone else he's not around or giving a shit. Look how quickly he turned his back on game. Now he's doing the same to 50. Em makes him millions so he loves him. Take it however you want but if you can't read between the lines of what type of person dre is I can't say you can read people. The way he used a soundalike on kush was disgusting. Yes nates life should be celebrated but a lot of these industry people are snakes, and look what slim wrote. Dre never visited Nate, you don't think that would crush Nate? By all accounts from several sources Nate just gave up after being constantly depressed at how his alleged friends treated him. It's disgusting. How do you think Nate would feel when he heard kush?

1st of all, whatever financial security nate had was due to Dre.  He gave him his first life in the industry when he signed to death row.  The he gave him his second life when he put him on 2001.  Before that album NOBODY outside of dpg fucked with him.  It was after 2001 that everybody (ludacris, fabolous, eminem, mos def, e-40, 50 cent,etc.) started to fuck with him.  Dre mentioned Nate in numerous recent interviews.  Using a Nate soundalike BECAUSE Nate couldn't even talk was a tibute to him if anything.

It is true that Dre gave Nate his "start" but...that's like saying Eazy-E made Dre...not Dre's talent. While many in the biz have benefited from Dre's cosign, some have made more $$$ from it than others. The reality is that Nate helped Dre just like Dre helped Nate. If he couldn't sing no one would have wanted to work with him. I just don't believe that using a backup singer who's clearly trying hard to sound like Nate is Dre's way of paying homage. There's plenty of ways he could have...Dre chose not to.

Sure he would find some work.  Like i said, he was abviously still doing hooks for Daz, Kurupt, Bad Azz.  But do you think he made more money working with them or 50 cent, eminem, fabolous, etc?

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 10:52:51 PM »
Lol sneed has spoken on how dre abandoned him and stole his team
http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=13484
You can dress up your idols however you like but when countless others have spoken on his character and you see the actions like on kush the picture is clear to those who look honestly, even if it's blurred for those who chose to ignore it
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:00:28 PM by Jaydc is back »

NoobCake

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 11:01:31 PM »
I don't know where you get this "idol" stuff from.  I for example said many times on this board that i'm not a fan of Dre's music for the most part.  BUT that's where it stops.  I don't know the man personally, so i can't say anything about him outside of judging the records he puts out.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 11:15:51 PM »
I think he was talking to me, Noob. And I'm not dressing anyone up to look like nothing but you pull any cat on a Dr. Dre level out there and somebody got a story about how they got fucked in some way or another. Your interview link neither addresses nor disproves anything I said about Dre helping out during the tumor situation so it's an irrelevant thing to bring to my attention. If you got a link to somebody saying Nate Dogg was pissed off behind Kush or was so depressed about Dr. Dre specifically not seeing him that he gave up living then you'd be a little closer to where you are going. Basically you're taking a bunch of tweets and interpreting them how you choose to.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 11:35:41 PM »
Lol I'm not interpreting tweets, I'm going off what's been said about a man by pretty much everyone that's been around him in the last twenty years.how many people need to say the same thing about dre before people open thier eyes. I could understand your logic if it was one or two people, but it's literally dozens of people saying it. I didn't need to provide a link for such obvious matters, when an artist bites another artist they don't like it. Put it this way, what if snoop was the one with a stroke and dre put top dogg on kush. And everyone around Nate has said he was depressed and felt like nobody in the industry cared, Warren g and others have spoken on this.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:39:16 PM by Jaydc is back »

BIGWORM

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 11:40:41 PM »
Dr.Dre is a bitch bottom line. He's smart but a BIG BITCH ASS....

Dr.Dre Made Nobody. Everyone else's talent made him look good. Best producer my ass. So many more producers better then his 1 album having ass...

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 11:43:55 PM »
Lol I'm not interpreting tweets, I'm going off what's been said about a man by pretty much everyone that's been around him in the last twenty years.how many people need to say the same thing about dre before people open thier eyes. I could understand your logic if it was one or two people, but it's literally dozens of people saying it. I didn't need to provide a link for such obvious matters, when an artist bites another artist they don't like it. Put it this way, what if snoop was the one with a stroke and dre put top dogg on kush. And everyone around Nate has said he was depressed and felt like nobody in the industry cared, Warren g and others have spoken on this.

^^^^^^
No offense Jimmy H. but this...

If you don't believe Warren G...who will you believe.
Certainly no one posting on this board.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:46:15 PM by MOON KNIGHT »

sofdark

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 11:45:21 PM »
It was after 2001 that everybody (ludacris, fabolous, eminem, mos def, e-40, 50 cent,etc.) started to fuck with him.  [/quote]

lot of those artist blew up during or after 2001 dropped.

NoobCake

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 11:57:50 PM »

Plain lie.  There has been just as many positive things said about him by people who have worked with him as negative.  Actually more.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 12:09:56 AM »
Lmao, you know that ain't true.The only people saying something positive are the people he works with at that very moment. Dres whole career he's been accused of the same shit by several different camps of people.

NoobCake

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 12:16:50 AM »
It's childish of course, but we can start giving exampes if you want.  I guarantee you there will be more positive comments.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 12:19:09 AM »
So I guess because a couple people he works with speak highly it cancels out everything else said over the course of 20 years?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 12:20:02 AM »
jealousy's a motherfucker. What's sad is these dudes would drop everything for the chance to work with dre again.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 12:20:31 AM »
And I gaurantee the negative outnumber the positive