Author Topic: Twitter's reaction to Nate's passing  (Read 3069 times)

Lunatic

Re: Twitter's reaction to Nate's passing
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 12:22:10 AM »
What exactly did Warren G say that y'all referred to a few posts back? Where can his comment be found?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

NoobCake

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 12:30:05 AM »
And I gaurantee the negative outnumber the positive

Ok.  We'll agree to disagree then.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 12:35:06 AM »
Wow didn't know slim the mobsta was that tight with nate.

I agree with bad lucc, warren g was by far the most loyal friend to nate dogg. Never heard much from the rest of them dudes and dre had the nerve to use a nate dogg sound-a-like while he was fighting for his life.

Oh and shade sheist made himself look like the dickhead I always said he is. Dude is really talking shit about his "haters" right now? Lol wow. No one is hating its just pure facts that "where I wanna be" and "wake up" were hits ONLY because of nate dogg
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 12:52:54 AM »
So I guess because a couple people he works with speak highly it cancels out everything else said over the course of 20 years?
It's more than a couple people. The bottom line is Nate Dogg himself has never had anything but positive things to say. It's one thing if you want to say Dr. Dre is a piece of shit because he didn't hire Sam Sneed on Aftermath or one of these other things but you're more or less saying Nate Dogg died because Dre didn't visit him in the hospital when nobody has ever even said that to be the case. And you are interpreting tweets, buddy. The name "Dr. Dre" was never mentioned by Warren, Slim Da Mobster, or any of these other artists talking about Nate. When you hear someone talk about "people in the industry" and treat that as confirmation of the name Dr. Dre then you're making a giant jump.

I don't cancel out the negative comments just because I read a few positive comments but I always try to look at the bigger picture. I'm not say everything that Dre does is all gravy.  I'm not his publicist or one of his homeboys. I just think it's a bit low to put the blame of what happened to Nate on his shoulders. Especially when you got no facts to go on. There's a lot of shady shit said about Suge Knight but I'm not throwing no assumptions against him. I'm not gonna say Snoop caused Nate's depression and use some shit with Tray Deee or one of these other guys as an example. I'm just against villafying dudes for no good reason.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 01:00:51 AM »
LOL where did I say dr dre himself was responsible? Now your just picking up half sentences and twisting words

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 01:04:21 AM »
The fact is if dr dre had been by nates side or made some financial contribution it would have been mentioned

Jimmy H.

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 01:06:52 AM »
The fact is if dr dre had been by nates side or made some financial contribution it would have been mentioned
By who? 

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 01:10:11 AM »
I agree with what jaydc sayin dre does seen bitch made. He has problems with everybody hes worked with at one point.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2011, 01:12:26 AM »
By Warren for example. But then again dre barely even acknowledges warrens existence, his own brother. And for the record, Nate dogg on regulator was the reason for his career, a song that has zero to do with dre

Jimmy H.

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 01:24:13 AM »
All disagreements aside, you got a link to Warren's comments or can you post them? I don't see what you're talking about here anywhere.

And for the record, Nate dogg on regulator was the reason for his career, a song that has zero to do with dre

Nate Dogg had a career long before "Regulate" came out.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 01:31:09 AM »
Sounds like a lot of people airing shit out on Twitter, shit's got people mad emotional

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2011, 01:43:22 AM »
Sounds like a lot of people airing shit out on Twitter, shit's got people mad emotional

And fairly so. I think alot of us already expected it. But IMO it's good because there's too many fakes in the biz who wanna be part of the press so airing them out is good.

People always do this when celebs die. Maybe now people see how people fake once celeb dies like when 2pac and Biggie died.

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 01:51:36 AM »
I remember when it was first reported that Nate had a stroke. The first one obviously wasn't nearly as debilitating as the second which left a good majority of his body paralyzed. I remember getting frustrated as a fan because there was absolutely no information as to his condition, even months after the second stroke occurred. It seemed the only people who would ever comment or be concerned with his condition were Warren G, and the Dogg Pound, and updates were very few and far between with merely a "he's recovering". That being said, I have full confidence that what Bo Roc tweeted about the Nate benefit concert is 100% true. It's a fucking shame, but it shows you how many snakes and conceited dipshits & fucktards there are in this rap game now. The majority of rappers today are all about themselves. They won't even give the time to have their PR manager respond to the request to have them perform at a benefit show for an artist that if it weren't for them, they wouldn't even have a PR manager to speak with. So much for loyalty and respect. It's easy to post a 120 character twitter post displaying your sympathy, however hindsight is 20/20. Quite honestly, the good majority of rappers that posted condolences on twitter probably never even tried to touch base or send their get well wishes to Nate when he was still alive. They just said fuck it, and went to Akon or T-Pain. At any rate, at least in the end the majority of the entertainment industry realizes how big of an icon they lost. It's too bad that it took his death for them to pay the homage he deserved.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 01:56:43 AM »
^^ For real people who wasn't supporting should get called out.

From Slim The Mobsters Twitter:

@ChigzterOB4CL yea.... I knew Nate since I was 13

@fredwreck we was at Dre crib tryna finda Nate Dogg joint....off to the store for two gallons of Hennessy for the homie DP.I.P

@IamSmeezaleen I got stupid Nate Dogg shit ...

@IamSmeezaleen see stop fucking with these suckaz.... Next time u come to the house I'm a put you on this song I got with him and Latoya
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:58:20 AM by dubsmith_nz »

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2011, 02:06:15 AM »
I've always felt that way. You didn't hear one word from dre this whole time about Nate. And countless artists have spoken on how people give thier everything for dre in the music, but when it's time for dre to help someone else he's not around or giving a shit. Look how quickly he turned his back on game. Now he's doing the same to 50. Em makes him millions so he loves him. Take it however you want but if you can't read between the lines of what type of person dre is I can't say you can read people. The way he used a soundalike on kush was disgusting. Yes nates life should be celebrated but a lot of these industry people are snakes, and look what slim wrote. Dre never visited Nate, you don't think that would crush Nate? By all accounts from several sources Nate just gave up after being constantly depressed at how his alleged friends treated him. It's disgusting. How do you think Nate would feel when he heard kush?

1st of all, whatever financial security nate had was due to Dre.  He gave him his first life in the industry when he signed to death row.  The he gave him his second life when he put him on 2001.  Before that album NOBODY outside of dpg fucked with him.  It was after 2001 that everybody (ludacris, fabolous, eminem, mos def, e-40, 50 cent,etc.) started to fuck with him.  Dre mentioned Nate in numerous recent interviews.  Using a Nate soundalike BECAUSE Nate couldn't even talk was a tibute to him if anything.

lol at people who think Dre is a god and gives lives to other artists. It's not like that. It cuts both ways for fuck sake. There wouldn't be Nate, Snoop, Em without Dre. But there wouldn't be Dre without them aswell.