Author Topic: Twitter's reaction to Nate's passing  (Read 3065 times)

Will_B

Re: Twitter's reaction to Nate's passing
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2011, 02:09:17 AM »
Nates passing is sad but twitter beef just shows how fucked celeb culture has got. Name calling and calling people out is pathetic. Warren G is one of the only ones to keep it real. He's a real nice dude with heart. Notice how he's already an outcast in the industry. People aint been giving warren the hook up because they're afraid of losing their hard bullshit images. Or that he's 'yesterdays news'. The rap game is messed up because people afraid to show their real personallities! Rap music has had it's day in the industry. Not because it's wack now but because rap = antisocial music. Labels wont give a line to any new artists that aren't 100% safe. Meaning no ex gang bangers etc. Ever thought it's weird Drake blew up? He's an actor. He's like todays Will smith. He looks the part and does what he's told. Radio don't play it. Kids don't wanna even buy music so the stations play soft shit for the people that still pay. Where does that leave dudes trying to scratch a living in rap? Looking out for themselves. Fuck a twitter:(

papa-smurf

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2011, 02:13:24 AM »
bo roc or whoever cant be made at nobody becuz at the end of the day.snoop & dre got enough money alone 2 pay nate dog medical bills.so if anything people should be mad at them 4 even allowing it 2 get 2 the point where they have 2 ask other people for help.snoop alone got enough money 2 pay nate medical bills. & thats snoop homie that he grew up with.i know nate medical bills wasnt no million dollars or nothing

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2011, 02:14:32 AM »
Nates passing is sad but twitter beef just shows how fucked celeb culture has got. Name calling and calling people out is pathetic. Warren G is one of the only ones to keep it real. He's a real nice dude with heart. Notice how he's already an outcast in the industry. People aint been giving warren the hook up because they're afraid of losing their hard bullshit images. Or that he's 'yesterdays news'. The rap game is messed up because people afraid to show their real personallities! Rap music has had it's day in the industry. Not because it's wack now but because rap = antisocial music. Labels wont give a line to any new artists that aren't 100% safe. Meaning no ex gang bangers etc. Ever thought it's weird Drake blew up? He's an actor. He's like todays Will smith. He looks the part and does what he's told. Radio don't play it. Kids don't wanna even buy music so the stations play soft shit for the people that still pay. Where does that leave dudes trying to scratch a living in rap? Looking out for themselves. Fuck a twitter:(

real talk. I would add new Dre and Em images as an example... no more bad guys...

damn. i also started to think what where Nate's thoughts after hearing Kush. It's nothing but my guesswork but... if Dre never visited him after the strokes and he used that Nate-a-like on the record then i guess Nate felt like... they don't need him anymore. At least that's how i would feel about it....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:20:29 AM by shoo »

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2011, 02:31:29 AM »
Ever thought it's weird Drake blew up? He's an actor. He's like todays Will smith. He looks the part and does what he's told.

+1. Real talk, so true.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

Elàno - banned

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2011, 02:40:05 AM »
By all accounts from several sources Nate just gave up after being constantly depressed at how his alleged friends treated him. It's disgusting.

it's disgusting and terribly sad...

NoobCake

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2011, 02:55:07 AM »

It's much simpler than that, has nothing to do with being an outcast.  A major label will sign you if they feel you can sell records.  In 93 Def Jam felt Warren could sell records, so they signed him.  In 98 he wasn't selling no more, so they dropped him.  That's it.  There's nothing more to it. 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2011, 02:56:10 AM »
what's with the negativity, let the man rest  ::)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2011, 03:28:37 AM »
Shame on Nates "homies" who could have helped in his situation but chose not to. Fact that they know who they are and that we the fans know is punishment itself.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

bouli77

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2011, 04:09:24 AM »
I remember when it was first reported that Nate had a stroke. The first one obviously wasn't nearly as debilitating as the second which left a good majority of his body paralyzed. I remember getting frustrated as a fan because there was absolutely no information as to his condition, even months after the second stroke occurred. It seemed the only people who would ever comment or be concerned with his condition were Warren G, and the Dogg Pound, and updates were very few and far between with merely a "he's recovering". That being said, I have full confidence that what Bo Roc tweeted about the Nate benefit concert is 100% true. It's a fucking shame, but it shows you how many snakes and conceited dipshits & fucktards there are in this rap game now. The majority of rappers today are all about themselves. They won't even give the time to have their PR manager respond to the request to have them perform at a benefit show for an artist that if it weren't for them, they wouldn't even have a PR manager to speak with. So much for loyalty and respect. It's easy to post a 120 character twitter post displaying your sympathy, however hindsight is 20/20. Quite honestly, the good majority of rappers that posted condolences on twitter probably never even tried to touch base or send their get well wishes to Nate when he was still alive. They just said fuck it, and went to Akon or T-Pain. At any rate, at least in the end the majority of the entertainment industry realizes how big of an icon they lost. It's too bad that it took his death for them to pay the homage he deserved.

Elàno - banned

• 'G'
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2011, 04:49:04 AM »
damn. i also started to think what where Nate's thoughts after hearing Kush. It's nothing but my guesswork but... if Dre never visited him after the strokes and he used that Nate-a-like on the record then i guess Nate felt like... they don't need him anymore. At least that's how i would feel about it....

i doubt nate has ever heard kush...

dnjp4life

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2011, 05:08:27 AM »
I remember when it was first reported that Nate had a stroke. The first one obviously wasn't nearly as debilitating as the second which left a good majority of his body paralyzed. I remember getting frustrated as a fan because there was absolutely no information as to his condition, even months after the second stroke occurred. It seemed the only people who would ever comment or be concerned with his condition were Warren G, and the Dogg Pound, and updates were very few and far between with merely a "he's recovering". That being said, I have full confidence that what Bo Roc tweeted about the Nate benefit concert is 100% true. It's a fucking shame, but it shows you how many snakes and conceited dipshits & fucktards there are in this rap game now. The majority of rappers today are all about themselves. They won't even give the time to have their PR manager respond to the request to have them perform at a benefit show for an artist that if it weren't for them, they wouldn't even have a PR manager to speak with. So much for loyalty and respect. It's easy to post a 120 character twitter post displaying your sympathy, however hindsight is 20/20. Quite honestly, the good majority of rappers that posted condolences on twitter probably never even tried to touch base or send their get well wishes to Nate when he was still alive. They just said fuck it, and went to Akon or T-Pain. At any rate, at least in the end the majority of the entertainment industry realizes how big of an icon they lost. It's too bad that it took his death for them to pay the homage he deserved.

One of the best responses I've read on this site.

Shame on Nates "homies" who could have helped in his situation but chose not to. Fact that they know who they are and that we the fans know is punishment itself.

i agree.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2011, 05:24:58 AM »
Nates passing is sad but twitter beef just shows how fucked celeb culture has got. Name calling and calling people out is pathetic. Warren G is one of the only ones to keep it real. He's a real nice dude with heart.

I think you got it bang on there. Both the part about Twitter and Warren G. So-called 'Twitter Beef' (it's got so bad there's a even a label for it ::)) is just ridiculous, I see no point in alerting everyone to the fact you have a problem with someone, yet you're not gonna name the person, or approach them directly.

About Warren, I feel sorry for him. Obviously I'm a complete outsider looking, so I'm not gonna act like my interpretation of events is gospel, but he's obviously been really close to Nate, stayed loyal, tried to raise funds etc. And he's also not taken to twitter (as far as I'm aware) to vent. I've got a lot of respect for Warren.

Also, just a brief point regarding Jimmy H and Jaydc's debate about Dre - when Jimmy said "By who?" in reference to who would've mentioned Dre helping out Nate, I think the answer to that is Everyone. That would've been big(ish) news, Dre showing loyalty by helping longtime friend Nate. People close to them would want to show love to Dre for reaching out, and as soon as any media outlet caught wind of it, you can bet it would've been a headline.

sdmaxx1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2011, 05:26:06 AM »
There isnt anyone that repped it like nate dogg singin hooks the way he did it was gangsta. There has never been anyone that
can come close to Nate Doggs hooks his voice was different from all the rest from the early 90's until now an forever! r.i.p lbc's dpgc's NATE!

Quadruple OG

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2011, 05:38:07 AM »
Daz should come on here and address this since he'd be in the know. Nobody has brought this up or mentioned this, but there could have been a behind-the-scenes scenario where Nate had a falling out with Dre, Snoop, etc.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 05:40:53 AM by Reality Check »

Quadruple OG

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2011, 05:39:09 AM »
On a lighter note, here's Kim Kardashian's reaction to Nate Dogg Passing

http://twitter.com/KimKardashian/status/47911219419549696

Ironic (but somewhat not shocking) her favorite song is "Ain't No Fun"