Author Topic: Dr Dre Feat Swizz Beatz - Chillin  (Read 4856 times)

dameons

Re: Dr Dre Feat Swizz Beatz - Chillin
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2011, 09:56:22 AM »
This is pretty good. A new direction for Dre , but it is solid ..A little awkward as far as his flow is concerned , but beat is above average.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2011, 10:05:29 AM »
Really feelin' this shit  8)

lol nice nickname, what was your last account?

lol I have like 5 accounts here u really need them ?  :D
just the names ;)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2011, 11:05:40 AM »
Lol @ Dre trying to rap different/original, but sounding like a weirdo. He should only try to be original with his productions, not with his rapping.

this
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

hellhustla

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2011, 11:10:41 AM »
I couldnt recognize dre on this joint , with slim flow , yeah i found out it was dre when i heard his normal voice but.... terrible song for my taste.

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2011, 11:42:30 AM »
has anyone ever considered that the album...may not be called Detox anymore?
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2011, 11:46:56 AM »

why would it get a different name?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2011, 11:48:51 AM »

Different Direction, Different Vibe... to me the real Detox album was out On Blue Carpet, Bustas album and other cuts..i think they are running out of ideas...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2011, 11:50:03 AM »
Chace Infinite is the only one in Hip-Hop who's sayin' anything anyway, all the other MC's need to hang it up already, DAMN.

umm.. not true.

prove me wrong then ,WTF? ::)

Spice 1 > Chace

Bomb-A®

« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2011, 11:59:57 AM »
It better not make the album.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2011, 12:23:41 PM »

Different Direction, Different Vibe... to me the real Detox album was out On Blue Carpet, Bustas album and other cuts..i think they are running out of ideas...

I remember asking if that would be a good idea on another forum a year or two ago. I mean isn't the thought of his next album being called Detox funny when the first single is called Kush?

Sccit

« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2011, 12:32:54 PM »
gah damn!!!! this is heat! DETOX MUFUCKAZ!!!!

its obvious dre wants to do a whole new thing with his flow and not the same ol same ol HEELLL YEEEEAAAs....

dope!

this shit is not dope, man, wtf? dre fell the fuck off, this sounds like some random shit i would hear if i turned on the radio, not a dr dre masterpiece...godamnit, i hope this is just some leftover garbage that leaked accidently, i dont wanna keep hearing more garbage like this from dre. i remember back when any time dre touched something it was an undisputed masterpiece. wtf happened to those days? i'm not impressed.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2011, 12:33:14 PM »

that would be a bad marketing move

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2011, 04:13:25 PM »

I remember asking if that would be a good idea on another forum a year or two ago. I mean isn't the thought of his next album being called Detox funny when the first single is called Kush?
Not only that, IF this Chillin track wan in fact meant for Detox then that means the theme for Detox has changed yet again.  Remember when Kush leaked Dre said in an interview that even though the song is about weed it would be the only one with that theme on the album.  Now we have Chillin and the lyrics are still making references to kush blunts and such.  So that means, either Chillin was never meant for Detox, or Detox is no longer a literal description of the album's content.

Why does Detox even have to be a conceptual album at this point anyway? Both Chronic and 2001 had similar themes throughout the album, but I wouldn't call either one a concept album.  The original description of Detox back in the mid-2000's where Dre said it would be like a movie, now THAT was a concept album that sounded exciting and fresh. Would have been similar to another great, slept-on 90's album, Prince Paul's "A Prince Among Thieves"...But I'm sure Interscope 86'd that idea knowing that you can't get radio singles out of a concept album.  At this point, Dre should just drop a double album's worth of the best songs he's recorded over the past five years. It doesn't need to have a cohesive theme or even flow together with skits. Take the 30-35 best songs from those sessions and make it happen.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2011, 05:48:53 PM »

Not only that, IF this Chillin track wan in fact meant for Detox then that means the theme for Detox has changed yet again.  Remember when Kush leaked Dre said in an interview that even though the song is about weed it would be the only one with that theme on the album.  Now we have Chillin and the lyrics are still making references to kush blunts and such.  So that means, either Chillin was never meant for Detox, or Detox is no longer a literal description of the album's content.

Why does Detox even have to be a conceptual album at this point anyway? Both Chronic and 2001 had similar themes throughout the album, but I wouldn't call either one a concept album.  The original description of Detox back in the mid-2000's where Dre said it would be like a movie, now THAT was a concept album that sounded exciting and fresh. Would have been similar to another great, slept-on 90's album, Prince Paul's "A Prince Among Thieves"...But I'm sure Interscope 86'd that idea knowing that you can't get radio singles out of a concept album.  At this point, Dre should just drop a double album's worth of the best songs he's recorded over the past five years. It doesn't need to have a cohesive theme or even flow together with skits. Take the 30-35 best songs from those sessions and make it happen.

You would think with the amount of money Dre has made Interscope over the years, they'd allow him to release whatever the hell he wants.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »

The album was never intended to be about actually detoxing