Author Topic: uk gun laws changed.  (Read 650 times)

Don Seer

uk gun laws changed.
« on: January 06, 2003, 11:05:52 AM »
'not a knee jerk reaction' my arse

they just made the minimum sentance for illegal possession of a firearm 5 years.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re:uk gun laws changed.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 11:31:09 AM »
Good fucking news

Getting too much like the US

Joachim

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 11:42:32 AM »
Its about time, its just a shame 2 young girls had to get capped to make the law 'n order crack down on the bastards.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 11:59:38 AM »
has gun violence been on a rise in Britain?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 12:08:46 PM »
not alarmingly. its just that like Joachim said 2 girls got shot on NYE and now they do something. that explains my sarcasm in the original post about it being knee jerk. there are incidents every so often.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2003, 12:41:44 PM »
I think its appalling how every legislation these days seems to be knee jerk just to get public support, yet there solutions only ever work in the short term (if that) and are not made for the long run. They also don't announce any ways to combat the actual problem at its root (the threat of longer sentences won't deter most gang members) instead they just blame rap and garage for gloryfying it which is going to alienate these people who already feel alienated and outcast enough as it is.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

min0rity

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2003, 03:15:34 PM »
in korea you can't even own a fucking gun...shotgun is okay though..

Kaidy

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2003, 06:22:35 PM »
has gun violence been on a rise in Britain?

It sure has, and over the past 2 years I think it has grown alarmingly. Used to be one shooting was a big media event because it was so rare. But now there's so much Black-On-Black inner city gun violence, its largely ignored unless innocents are killed such as the New Years Eve incident.

But yea as usual the government are handling the problem terribly. And of course they're putting the message out that garage and rap music (read: urban music) are primary causes of violence. I wonder if they ever entertained the notion that music is the effect of society's problems, not the cause of it.

Anyway I predict more racial profiling by the police looking to get those big 5 year sentences so the government can look like it cares.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2003, 11:43:06 PM »
???

a firearm is a firearm isn't it?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2003, 11:22:05 AM »
^ yes sort of.. but pistols cant be used well for game hunting.

they changed more today.. they did a spectacular u-turn on that 5 years thing yest lol.

today they're tightening up lots of things like replica weaponry and 'game gun laws'

min0rity

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2003, 11:45:26 AM »
???

a firearm is a firearm isn't it?

yeah i don't understand either....firearm should be a firearm..just like in the u.s. you have to register to own a handgun but to own a shotty you just have to  fill out a form or something..not too sure but i do know its more lenient than trying to own a handgun

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2003, 02:00:32 AM »
Duh! LOL how would you expect it to be? What is the purpose of a shotgun? It can be used to legally hunt, or to illegally kill.  What is the purpose of a pistol? It can be used to illegally kill.  See the difference?  Surely yall can understand that.  

Woodrow

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2003, 03:00:16 AM »
Could somebody tell me the story behind the laws getting changed? Im clueless.

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2003, 03:23:29 AM »
here ya go...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2621311.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2625511.stm

this search gives the most results

http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/results.pl?tab=news&meta=&start=10&q=girls+gun+Birmingham&scope=newsukfs

as far as i can tell from what i've seen on the news is that there is a road which is a 'turf line' there is a hairdressers where they were holding a party. they walked out and got caught up in a fight between the gangs who were using  semi-automatics i 4 girls were hit, 2 died.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2003, 03:25:48 AM »
Er yeah, on New Years Day (the early hours of Jan 2nd) in Birmingham where me and Lyrical G live, 4 girls got shot leaving a party and two of them died.

So now everyone's worried about guns, loads of knee jerk suggestions come in, government ministers blame Jay Z and So Solid Crew etc.