Author Topic: 5 Things to know about Nate Dogg (Article)  (Read 650 times)

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
5 Things to know about Nate Dogg (Article)
« on: March 18, 2011, 04:59:20 PM »
1. Everything He Touched Turned to Gold Platinum: Of this there can be no dispute: Nate Dogg had a knack for making hits, though you could be forgiven for not realizing it, as the four-time Grammy nominee was often overshadowed by his more famous collaborators. And while he certainly achieved solo success, it's his seminal collaborations that will be most remembered for their lasting influence on the West Coast rap scene: from his work on Dr. Dre's The Chronic, to 1995's now iconic G-funk anthem "Regulate" with Warren G, to Tupac's "All Eyez On Me," to Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg's "The Next Episode," to Ludacris' "Area Codes" to Eminem's "Shake That," Nate was the industry's go-to rapper.

2. He Was One of the Few, One of the Proud: When he was just 16 years old, Nate, whose real name was Nathaniel Hale, dropped out of Long Beach Polytechnic High School and enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. He served for three years before returning to the LBC, where he hooked up with Snoop and Warren G to start the rap trio 213 (named in honor of their area code). They soon caught the ear of Dr. Dre (that he's Warren G's stepbrother couldn't have hurt) and the rest is history.

3. He Was Plagued by Health Problems: While the family confirmed to their local paper that Nate Dogg passed away, no exact cause of death was immediately announced. But this morning, his longtime attorney Mark Geragos said that the rapper died Tuesday from complications due to multiple strokes. He suffered debilitating strokes in 2007 and 2008; the former left him partially paralyzed and suffering partial memory loss (though he eventually cognitively recovered), and the latter left him temporarily on life support and with a feeding tube.

Over the weekend, Warren G. even tweeted an update on his pal, letting fans know that Nate was in therapy and thanked well-wishers for their support.

4. He Had His Problems With the Law: Back in 2006, one of Nate's ex-girlfriends brought a domestic violence complaint against him, accusing the rapper of aggravated trespass, battery, telephone harassment, violating a restraining order and dissuading a witness from reporting a crime after breaking into the Newport Beach home occupied by his former partner and her new beau. According to police reports of the incident, once inside, he punched the man in the face and left. In 2008, he pleaded guilty to aggravated trespass and battery and was sentenced to three years' informal probation.

In 2009, he was arrested on suspicion of felony stalking after his partner claimed he had threatened her life and chased her down the freeway. The rapper pleaded not guilty to the charges, and the case was ultimately dropped.

5. He's Already Deeply Missed: Shortly after news of his death broke, his friends, fans and collaborators began flooding Twitter with messages of remembrance. First out of the gate was Snoop, who lamented, "We lost a true legend n hip hop n rnb. One of my best friends n a brother to me since 1986 when I was a sophomore at poly high where we met…I love u buddy luv…RIP NATE DOGG."

eonline.com/uberblog/b231288_Five_Things_to_Know_About_Late_Rapper_Nate_Dogg.html

His sentiments were echoed by Ludacris, Erykah Badu, The Game, Xzibit and more, while Warren G and Eminem were readying statements to release later this morning. Nate's brother Samuel even appeared on Los Angeles' KDAY FM early this morning and while he declined to discuss the specifics of his brother's death, he said he felt "numb" by the unexpected passing. RIP, Nate Dogg.

Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/b231288_five_things_know_about_late_rapper_nate.html#ixzz1Gzyy6x3s

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 5 Things to know about Nate Dogg (Article)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 05:03:12 PM »
Whats that bit about him being arrested in 2009  ???  is dat even true?? anyone know any more info on it

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
lol Yeah the guy had stroke and coulnt walk but was stakling people.... good job ass

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 05:19:28 PM »
that shit happened in like 06 or someshit...disrespect like a motherfucker.

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 09:56:26 PM »
i remember that. it was after the first stroke, he was chasing her while recovering and he shouldnt have been driving in the first place . gangsta.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 11:40:22 PM »
Nate was that dude who just held it down and I think people will always have respect for that type of character. He played that position that was almost guaranteed to be underappreciated until he was gone. It's easy to overlook a guy whose not trying to be the superstar amongst his crew but just be a contributor. Haters would often dismiss Nate as being just a guy who did choruses or diminish his role as the "hook guy" but his best contributions to other artist's records weren't just simple choruses. "Regulate" isn't just Nate dropping a catchy hook between a bunch of 16's. Neither is "Ain't No Fun" or "Next Episode". He added that missing ingredient that turned a great record into a classic one. The guy had something that most artists who do a guest feature struggle with --- presence. Once his voice touched a record, he owned that mother fucker. There is a reason that the best producers in music such as Dr. Dre, DJ Quik, and Warren G constantly fucked with Nate because they understood his genius. There's a lot of talented people in music who write and perform great hooks but there is one Nate Dogg. Do the math on that one.

bouli77

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 04:31:29 AM »
More than his hooks, Nate was good when his voice popped unexpectedly, like on Big Pimpin or Been a Long Time or when he did verses (Ain't No Fun, Groupie, Xxxplosive, High Come Down, Lil Jon's Bitches Ain't Shit) and bridges. One of his best performances ever for me is Nah Nah. The way he goes back and forth with E-40 reminds me of Regulate (although it's a pretty different sound and mood). Battlecat dropped one hell of a beat (just like he did for so many other singles between 98 and 01) and Nate's bridge kills me everytime I hear it.

I think Nate, like other Rage and other rappers were getting frustrated with their situations at Death Row, because their solo album wasn't on the way and they couldn't collaborate with non-inmates. So they were on a payroll but couldn't make as much money as they wanted to. I think that's why Nate went so much out there in the late 90's 2000's and collaborated with almost every big name, cause they were payin big money and it made sense since Nate was often the main asset to their songs. I remember Daz said in an interview that Nate wasn't on Dogg Chit or anything cause he was chargin' for a collabo.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 05:34:00 AM »
Article brings nothing to the table but wrong facts. 1995 Regulate, yeah, right. Those articles piss me off. If you don't have anything to write about Nate don't write it. They are just contributing to the misinformation, which is internet's disease.

Anyway the incident took place in 08, June 23 to be exact.

I remember I was glad when i heard about it, I was like "Damn so Nate is back!!!". We already discussed about it here I remember, saying that that lifestyle, chasing is ex, the troubles with the justice, that stress, that was no good for Nate.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Will_B

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 09:20:20 AM »
They are just contributing to the misinformation, which is internet's disease.

+10 brother.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 04:32:56 PM »
I guess he loved his girl.

anyone know her name?
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Mista Rosa

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 04:59:49 PM »
Latoya Calvin. From what I know she did some fucked up things, that's why Nate was chasing her.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."