Author Topic: When did Rick Ross get so good?  (Read 1614 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: When did Rick Ross get so good?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 09:46:58 AM »
The only song I like is Aston Martin Music. Mostly because of Drake's verse, the beat & Drake's hook.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »
It was about damn time Action. Although I don't know what you're tendencies towards 50 have anything to do with Ross. I know your smart enough not to get caught up in that.

Speaking of Ross, he just signed Wale. Should be an interesting combo.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 12:11:01 PM »
Tho I have respect to thread starter I have to say that Rick Ross in my opinion never crossed that line and made me bump his songs more then once. Dude is average rapper and weak MC. ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:58:16 PM by Episcop Cruel Cvrle »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Portugoal

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 12:26:19 PM »
I hate stating that being such a big fan of 50

This might be the problem.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 01:46:08 PM »
Rick Ross been having bangers since 06!!

I see him slowing down tho

EnzoUK

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 01:52:09 PM »
i read the thread title and thought  :stir:
Twitter: @EnzoUK

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 01:55:15 PM »
I've yet to hear a Ross verse I like.

kemizt

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 02:10:19 PM »
i like more of ross material then i dont like but i cant really sit through like a whole album of his lately...his voice and delivery is just a lil too overbearing.

i would love to find instrumental versions of his last three albums.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 02:21:57 PM »
remember cham used to talk shit about buddens before he got all into him. Give him a year and he'll be stanning for maybach music and puttin rozay in his sig

same thing with drake.

and in the future i see it happening for wiz too.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 02:23:16 PM »

his verse on devil in a new dress was epic

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 03:21:11 PM »
remember cham used to talk shit about buddens before he got all into him. Give him a year and he'll be stanning for maybach music and puttin rozay in his sig

same thing with drake.

Depends on the music they make...clearly.

Unlike some *COUGHCOUGHCOUGH*, I can judge an artist based off the body of work I'm listening too & not just say "I like him, he made this, therefore this is good".

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 05:16:33 PM »

his verse on devil in a new dress was epic

agreed he tore that shit down.

Blood$

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 05:27:40 PM »
Action is on point about "Perfectionist", Ross went the fuck in on that joint and I remember posting it here and everybody slept on it, even with "Prod. by Alchemist" in the title... Meek Mill def brought that flame out of him that track, and I agree about "Devil In A New Dress", easily outshined Kanye but then again who doesn't outshine Kanye lyrically

Ross is the man, hate it or love it *cough* 50

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:29:42 PM by BloodMoney »

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »

same thing with drake.

Depends on the music they make...clearly.

Unlike some *COUGHCOUGHCOUGH*, I can judge an artist based off the body of work I'm listening too & not just say "I like him, he made this, therefore this is good".

im not really sure what u mean

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 05:36:21 PM »
It was about damn time Action. Although I don't know what you're tendencies towards 50 have anything to do with Ross. I know your smart enough not to get caught up in that.

Speaking of Ross, he just signed Wale. Should be an interesting combo.

I hate stating that being such a big fan of 50

This might be the problem.

I must admit that I do have certain tendencies to not like an artist when the image they present rubs me the wrong way.   This just doesn't apply to Rick Ross but to other MCs like Asher Roth (I only recently starting like his art, GRIND was the song that grabbed my attention.  I still don't like the majority of his debut).

First, I never listened to Rick Ross's music so I didn't care about him.   Honestly,  I never know who this duke was.  Example, Immortal Technique freestyle over the Hustling beat and, at that time, I thought Technique used original produciton.   I'm aware the single was huge for Ross but I don't pay much attention to the radio since I acquire an I-Pod.   I only started to when the 50 Cent beef occurred.  So, it's hard to not get caught up in that debacle when it's the REASON I started paying attention.  

When that did happen, he rubbed me the wrong way because the entire "beef" between the two was rather embarrassing for Ross.  I do have tendencies to ignore rappers whose life stories seem to be completely full of shit and they don't admit that.   Yet, at that time, his music was getting better.  His production was heavy but I still was not impressed lyrically or vocally.  During the 50 Cent beef he just focused on his music more and took over with BMF, which while not my usual taste, I bumped because it got the club moving and basically took over as the summer single.  What drunk mutherfucka wasn't chanting along to that?  

When Monster was let loose by Kanye, I always enjoyed Ross's intro.  Most people hated it but I thought it was a dope introduction.  Then these two tracks I'm specifically talking on this thread, which really shifted my opinion more than anything else.

It's simple truths being highlighted.  Is it complex lyrically?  No, but it's real shit.  
Recycling cans cause nobody ever cared.  How you think it felt knowing daddy wasn't there?
 Real shit.   It reminded me of 50 on Hate It Or Love It,
Daddy ain't around, probably out committing felonies.  My favorite rapper used to sing "ch-check out my melody."  I want to live good so, shit! I'll sell dope.
  I just like real shit.  And, to me, his recent lyrics have been real shit.

Look, I still laugh at Rick Ross.  I still find his disses against 50 Cent to be bullshit.  I don't think he has any real grounds to have issues with 50...well now he does since 50 done embarrassed him so much.   But, with all that said, it was the Kanye features, and his two recent tracks that made me go back and check out his music.  I can say I enjoy Deeper than Rap & Teflon Don out of his discography despite them being rather absurdest.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks