Author Topic: bye bye freedom of speech  (Read 830 times)

Quakaveli

Re:bye bye freedom of speech
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2003, 04:47:51 PM »
LOL PUNK, U aint gotta remind me, lol :-X :-[

haha its not too bad U get used to it LOL, once I get my ID and I can goto TJ and clubs, etc it'll be better but ahhh anyway,  where do U go to?

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2003, 03:02:28 AM »
LOL PUNK, U aint gotta remind me, lol :-X :-[

haha its not too bad U get used to it LOL, once I get my ID and I can goto TJ and clubs, etc it'll be better but ahhh anyway,  where do U go to?

lol UCSD is a good school....jus boring az hell. I used tah go down to tha Rimac tah play ball sumtimez, but tha ballerz there are wack az fuk lol. Wha u needa do iz hit up sum "State" parties. SDSU alwayz one of tha top 5 party schoolz in tha cuntry lol. As fah TJ, itz hella dirty n ghetto lol. But have fun, dont take yah wallet wit yah.

And fah me...I attend..S.A.H.U.

"Smack-A-Ho University".  ;D

Quakaveli

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2003, 09:56:47 AM »
yeah it is def. a good skool I would never goto state over ucsd, but damn I hear good thangs about the state knaamean ;D anyway U been to any parties in SDSU before?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2003, 03:47:57 PM »
Thats krazy shit, but I guess thats the way the world is going these days.

That was an interesting topic by Engle-wood. While I don't agree with the germans comments about 9/11, there is no reason he should be prosecuted for it. If a pro israeli message board user for example said, at last the brave israelis got rid of sum evil palestinians, i wonder if there's b e the same issue. Both are terrorism, and both are sick comments, but freedom of speech should come above all that.

Ant talked about not complaining and just putting ur head down and keep going. But it was one of ur great presidents that said, all it takes for evil to prevail is the good man to remain silent. I think thats a good quote. If those in power dont feel they have to answer to anyone we are all seriously fucked. For example here, corruption has been blown open in the last few years. We could say fuck it, noones perfect, and left them to get rich, but no, people lobbyed, good men led the fight and dozens have been named and shamed sum even face jail sentences. I think people who have it relatively good have an obligation to put up the good fight and fight for those who cant fight themselves; the poor, the third world...our future generations...

I never said don't voice your opinion.  I repeatedly argue don't voice an irrational, uninformed opinion.  Don't condescend my words and say I'm telling everyone to hang their head down.  For instance, I think the war on terrorism is a major issue in today's society.  But I don't just read the newspapers to learn.  I read the qu'ran.  I feel you should only voice what you know definitively.  Do NOT mistake your subjective convictions for being absolute certainties.

Personally I'd like see this world a better place, but I don't understand how to make it one.  All you people want to complain, but never learn.  You want to bitch, but not research.  You want to voice your opinion, but not consider whether your opinion is right or wrong.  

I criticized Overseer for complaining about a country he doesn't even live in, and making subjective claims.  

True if the good men and women in the world remain silent bad things will happen.  But if the irrational men and women in the world are the only one's yelling, well thats not very good either.  

If you like quotes this one is paraphrased machiavelli... he said, Men in general judge more with their eyes than with their hands.  They judge more by appearance than by understanding and those few that do truly understand DARE not oppose the MANY who don't.

There are so many people in the world that don't understand, journalists, activist groups, people on this message board that its damn near impossible to take correct action.  You know why?  Because for a politician to stay in office he has to spend more time appeasing the subjective, irrational, uniformed majority and less time doing the right thing.  Because when so many people are yelling not knowing the correct action to take, its damn near impossible for the few who understand to make the right decision for fear of upsetting "public opinion"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2003, 03:50:34 PM by Ant »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2003, 12:52:13 AM »
yeah it is def. a good skool I would never goto state over ucsd, but damn I hear good thangs about the state knaamean ;D anyway U been to any parties in SDSU before?

nah man, i aint fukin wit partiez no more lol. But i be in that area all tha time, so...thea be hellafied ho'z walkin around. U needa check it out lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2003, 12:57:48 AM »
The school's not ran by the government; so, this is a case of a private entity (although government assisted) censoring something.  Big deal.  

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2003, 01:04:04 AM »
^^lol wussup wit u and these pics of Techs girlfren man?  ;D

Quakaveli

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2003, 02:35:36 PM »
^^lol wussup wit u and these pics of Techs girlfren man?  ;D

LMAO MAN!!!!!!!!!1 :D