Author Topic: N. Korea plays Bush like a fiddle  (Read 2002 times)

Woodrow

Re:N. Korea plays Bush like a fiddle
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2003, 11:58:23 AM »

lol^^ ... when i saw his chem'-questions.. i was like "wtf"... is he fooling around?? + i didnt even wanna start with the "E-L-E-M-E-N-T-R-Y" miss-spell... i mean.. the kid is studying in usa's best music academy...

If he's studying in the USA's best music academy, what does spelling have to do with anything?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2003, 12:07:05 PM »
Here are some stats: taken from http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/fsbr.html

1.  American per capita income is the 3rd highest in the world only behind Norway, and Luxemburg
2.  11% of american's are without health care
3.  5% of americans are unemployed
4.  There was no bankruptcy record last year, have you heard of the great depression?  That was a record and we came out of it just fine.
5.  12% of americans are below the poverty line

If the American way of life sucks so bad why do you criticize it so much.  When I see some guy whose life sucks I don't go up to him and tell him repeatedly his life sucks.  I move on thinking to myself I'm grateful for my life.  If your way of life is so much better than ours, which it may be.  Why do you try to point out so often how badly ours is?  The only reason I can think of is envy.

Today, 41.2 million Americans are without health insurance coverage and 8 million of these are children. The United States outspends the world on medical care, but still remains the only industrialized country that does not offer health coverage to all its citizens. The World Health Organization ranked the United States 37th in the world in overall health system performance and 72nd on population health in its 2000 WHO report.

http://www.healthtogether.org/healthtogether/programs/justice.html

The U.S. Bureau of the Census shows that 13.3% of Americans, or 35.6 million people, lived in poverty in 1997. Forty-one per cent of those (14.6 million) had incomes of less than half the poverty level. The definition of a poverty level income for a family of four in that year was $16,813 and below. (For the year 2000 it is projected to be $17,050.)

http://www.itvs.org/outriders/poverty.html

A current report in Newsweek stated that Personal bankruptcy filings are at an all-time high, with more than 1.45 million Americans filing for bankruptcy in 2001, according to the American Bankruptcy Institute. Consumer debt has reached record levels as well; topping $1 trillion by some estimates. And the numbers are still climbing. Unlike normal recession patterns, consumer spending actually increased last year in the midst of the recession, according to the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.  

http://www.stockupticks.com/profiles/4-8-02.html

i have no time finding more links to prove my  point over and over again..

for some reason i dont trust words coming from the goverment... i dont know whay, its not like the goverment have lied before ::)

and yea.. i DO feel sorry for american ass...  and normally you dont cee me come and trash threads... BUT i dont like hearing false comments like the one Ant threw

Look.... I posted 2002 Stats you posted like 1997-2000 stats and in case you didn't notice they are pretty close to each other.

Answer this before anythign else: What false comment did I say?

Lets do a comparison:

First you said,
1.  40% of american citizens are below the poverty line
2.  75% of american citizens starving
3.  40% of american citizens no health care
4.  American minimum wage is $500 a month

Then I told you,
1.  11% of america is without health care... not 40%
2.  12% of america is below the poverty line... not 40%
the other stats don't match up well

Now you reply,
1. 41 million americans dont have health insurance... the american population is 290 million
  Thats tells us 14% of the population has no health care.  Your report is from 2000, mine is from 2002.  Let's see though, 14% not quite 40% and much closer to 11%.

2.  In 1997 13% of americans were below poverty.  Again my stats are from 2002.  13% is no where near the 40% you initially stated. In fact its very similar to the 12% i stated.

The only thing I stated that I haven't researched was the bankruptcy filing record.  Perhaps you were right there.

However, you proved me wrong again and again supposedly... All you did was repeat the same statistics I told you.

Its obvious you were far from right initially with you assumptions.  I proved those wrong, then you came back with the same stats as me and told me i was wrong.  Basically you came in with off the wall stats, I gave more precise stats, and you came in repeating my stats with 1% differences and telling me I'm wrong and spreading false information.  If I never posted my stats and you convinced people that the 75% of the US is starving, 40% of the US is poor, and 40% of the US is without health care who would be spreading false information?  Me or you?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2003, 12:10:49 PM by Ant »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2003, 12:17:12 PM »
Another mistake you made:

you said the US minimum salary is 500$ a month.  The US minimum wage in 1997 was 5.15 a month its much higher now.

Anyways for a 40hr week thats 206$ a week.  Assuming 4 weeks in a month thats 824$ a month.  Not 500$, but actually minimum wage is much higher now.

http://www.erieri.com/freedata/hrcodes/U.S._MINIMUM_WAGE.htm
« Last Edit: January 08, 2003, 12:17:39 PM by Ant »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2003, 01:26:25 PM »

you said the US minimum salary is 500$ a month.  The US minimum wage in 1997 was 5.15 a month its much higher now.

Anyways for a 40hr week thats 206$ a week.  Assuming 4 weeks in a month thats 824$ a month.  Not 500$, but actually minimum wage is much higher now.

check your facts.. in kansas the minimum wage is 2.65 dollars

ill reply to the other post later

Woodrow

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2003, 02:06:14 PM »

The population of Kansas is 2.6 million people.

The USA has 290 million people.

You do the math.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2003, 02:16:13 PM »

The population of Kansas is 2.6 million people.

The USA has 290 million people.

You do the math.

i just showed him that he was incorrect concerning the min wage... no math needed to be done

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2003, 08:02:14 PM »
i type fast , what can i say i spell shit wrong sometimes, sue me ;)

and like i said that chemistry shit was elementary*
 and i do think "reincheck" was spelled right it's not rain,rane, reighn, raen  i know that lol

now to be the overseer

mandeleev didn't make the modern periodic table,  his table arranged the elements  in order of their atomic masses

NOW theres a flaw in that the table works better when arranged by attomic # wich Henry Mosely discovered

mosely gave us today's table NOT mendeleev.....as you suggested

and don't laugh at me for giving you basic chemistry questions, laugh at yourself for getting one of the most well known and scientifically important events in history wrong

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2003, 08:04:27 PM »
But Overseer, he can tell you what the difference between a covalet bond and ionic bond is

lol

BTW Jake that shit is:

E-L-E-M-E-N-T-R-Y knowledge?

Kid elementary knowledge is being able to spell E-L-E-M-E-N-T-A-R-Y right

I know, I know I'm the rudest guy on this forum

lol^^ ... when i saw his chem'-questions.. i was like "wtf"... is he fooling around?? + i didnt even wanna start with the "E-L-E-M-E-N-T-R-Y" miss-spell... i mean.. the kid is studying in usa's best music academy...

in THE usa's best music academy*

and when did i start that ^ ,lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2003, 09:00:20 PM »
i type fast , what can i say i spell shit wrong sometimes, sue me ;)

and like i said that chemistry shit was elementary*
 and i do think "reincheck" was spelled right it's not rain,rane, reighn, raen  i know that lol

now to be the overseer

mandeleev didn't make the modern periodic table,  his table arranged the elements  in order of their atomic masses

NOW theres a flaw in that the table works better when arranged by attomic # wich Henry Mosely discovered

mosely gave us today's table NOT mendeleev.....as you suggested

and don't laugh at me for giving you basic chemistry questions, laugh at yourself for getting one of the most well known and scientifically important events in history wrong

Mendeleyev, Dmitry Ivanovich (1834-1907), Russian chemist, best known for his development of the periodic law of the properties of the chemical elements. This law states that elements show a periodicity (regular pattern) of properties when they are arranged according to atomic weight.

Mendeleyev was born in Tobol’sk, Siberia
First Name (optional):  Last Name:  

. He studied chemistry at the University of Saint Petersburg, and in 1859 he was sent to study at the University of Heidelberg. There he met the Italian chemist Stanislao Cannizzaro, whose views on atomic weight (see Atom) influenced his thinking. Mendeleyev returned to Saint Petersburg and became professor of chemistry at the Technical Institute in 1863. He became professor of general chemistry at the University of Saint Petersburg in 1866. Mendeleyev was a renowned teacher, and, because no good textbook in chemistry was available, he wrote the two-volume Principles of Chemistry (1868-1870), which became a classic.

During the writing of this book, Mendeleyev tried to classify the elements according to their chemical properties. In 1869 he published his first version of what became known as the periodic table, in which he demonstrated the periodic law. In 1871 he published an improved version of the periodic table, in which he left gaps for elements that were not yet known. His chart and theories gained increased acceptance when three predicted elements—gallium, germanium, and scandium—were subsequently discovered.

Mendeleyev's investigations also included the study of the chemical theory of solution, the thermal expansion of liquids, and the nature of petroleum. In 1887 he undertook a solo balloon flight to study a solar eclipse.

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/RefArticle.aspx?refid=761574057

lol @ bigjake.... u cant even answer your own questions

« Last Edit: January 08, 2003, 09:05:20 PM by Maestro~Minded »

jav

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2003, 02:57:26 PM »
i don't think we'd get fucked up...as in lose the war

since vietnam we don't want to see another draft (even though i would't mind going) where 18 year old kids go to get killed and don't have a chance to live their lives, everyone here is pretty much like an overprotective parent when it comes to shit like that

we'd win the war, but we don't like the fact that we'd have to have people , rather , OUR people die.....

so i guess that statement was meant in context to yeah we'd win but at a fucked up cost

EX. yeah you can have 5 bucks but you gotta tounge kiss your sister

More like sending australian troops down to do all the work

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2003, 03:36:15 PM »

I don't know why kansas minimum wage is 2.65... Federal minimum wage in the US is about $6.00.  NY min wage where I live is around 6.00 something.  

However, I still don't see what your proving there.  Let's go way back again.

The majority of the US minimum wage is 6.00.  But minimum wage doesn't really matter much.  In fact a high minimum wage can even hurt the population.  For instance, if the minimum wage is excessive it will cause unemployment because businesses won't be able to pay as many people.

Anyways, in a sense your right, but in a sense your not.  In saying the US minimum salary is 500$ a month your wrong.  If you said specifically kansas you would have been right.  My claim was that the US minimum salary is about 800$ a month.  You said I'm wrong by showign me kansas stats.  Well, if kansas has a low min. wage that doesn't say the US min wage is low.

Federal min. wage is the standard min. wage obeyed by the country.  In that sense, federal min. wage is the avg US min wage.  Again, I never argued about the kansas wage, I aruged the overall wage.  Which is the Federal Min. Wage.

In any case, the minimum wage doesn't prove anythign abuot the health of a economy or the welfare of its people.  All american stats, and regions have different standards of living.  Meaning, the regions vary in regards to how much money you need to live comfortably.  Low kansas minimum wage doesn't mean people in kansas are poor.  It may just mean you don't need a high min wage in kansas.  For instance, 80 yrs ago min wage was like 1.00$ an hour, but everyone wasn't poor then.  Secondly, min wage doesn't mean thats the wage everyone received.  In fact, in some places no one gets paid minimum wage.  Most people receive a wage higher than min wage.  So the fact that kansas has a low min. wage doesn't provide conclusive evidence in regards to kansas's welfare.

But since the arguement was about US and not kansas.  The your arguement means even less.

There are still your numerous outrageous claims about.  75% hungry.  40% no health care. 40% below poverty line.  I haven't reported any false statistics.  You have.  But yet you refer to me as the one making "false claims"

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2003, 03:46:31 PM »
last time i check, kansas were in usa... so if kansas min wage is 3 bucks, then usa's min wage is 3 bucks... atleast...

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2003, 03:55:51 PM »
Listen.. I'm not going to argue over the unimportant.  It depends on your interpretation.  I said your part right and part wrong. If you need to be right on this one issue fine.  Its of relatively little importance.  

The facts of importance have already been stated.  You attempted to make false accusations in order to discredit my country.  Those accusations were proven wrong thats all that matters.    

I know you dislike the US and my intention was never to change your opinion.  My intention was to show everyone else that what you said was incorrect.  I did, and then you posted my figures again proving my arguement.

You wanted to paint a picture of the US being poor, starving, sick, and destitute.  You failed.  If kansas min. wage is low it doesn't even matter for reasons previously stated.  If you need to win that arguement fine so be it.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2003, 04:41:48 PM »
i failed??... lol... i came with all fact i needed...its funny how europeans know more about america than  americans... yall americans cant even point out your country on a map..(pointing at china and sovjet.. lol)...

dont let me start again

btw.. i do NOT dislike usa... usa got good music, basketball comes from us...

what i do dislike is THE GOVERMENT and the way usa is ruled... but the people im fine with
« Last Edit: January 09, 2003, 04:43:26 PM by Maestro~Minded »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2003, 05:19:35 PM »
I don't want to come off as an asshole

But according to you:

75% of american's are starving
40% don't have health care
40% are poor

Those are all way off.  What exactly did you prove?  

The only thing you can say you're right on is min wage in kansas (which is only one state) and the bankruptcy filings.

I am open to new facts if my understanding is wrong.  I've cited evidence on the state of the american economy.  I've explained how min wage really isn't an indicator of much of anything.  

You're regressing on nonsense about not being able to point to america on a map.

Answer this one question.  Were you 100% right in your initially accusations?  And did I ever present a statistic that was incorrect?

I keep in mind I never gave stats on bankruptcy you're prolly right there, and I never argued the min wage in kansas was anything other than 2.65.  I stated the fed min wage.  

There is nothing wrong with being mistaken about something.  But to repeatedly insist that I am wrong and have misinformed people is bullshit.

Spit a straight reply no bullshit.

If you didn't fail what did you succeed in doing?  You attempted to discredit america all you proved was that Kansas min wage is 2.65.  I'm a little confused what is arguement are your facts supporting?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2003, 05:20:54 PM by Ant »