Author Topic: Please Send Donations to Nate Dogg's Family  (Read 1574 times)

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Please Send Donations to Nate Dogg's Family
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2011, 10:47:22 AM »
I guess no one here gets the significance of a personal good will gift that goes direct to Nates family towards helping lay to rest a dude they LOVE.

Dubcnn reports back to Nates family "no we suggested a collection to people of the forum as good will for Nate, in case they wanted to offer help and they said fuck you. Why should we want to?? Ask someone else".

Donations are voluntary, donate if you Can, pass it on if you can't. Don't criticize.

My bad WILL_B I quoted you cuz I agreed with what you said. That was directed toward all the people criticizing as to why Nates family needs donation when He had rich friends. It's rather sad

Ok so dudes who say 'WTF delete the thread' get fair comment but I don't?

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2011, 10:47:55 AM »
I guess no one here gets the significance of a personal good will gift that goes direct to Nates family towards helping lay to rest a dude they LOVE.

Dubcnn reports back to Nates family "no we suggested a collection to people of the forum as good will for Nate, in case they wanted to offer help and they said fuck you. Why should we want to?? Ask someone else".

Donations are voluntary, donate if you Can, pass it on if you can't. Don't criticize.

Don Seer

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2011, 10:57:53 AM »
i've banned elano. (again)

i'm not sure where i stand on this thread, or the issue of donating etc. do what you feel is right, but be aware not all fams are scrupulous.. sure ya'll are wordly enough to know how it goes.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2011, 11:44:24 AM »
Tell me if i'm wrong but it's Dubcnn's staff who reached out to Nate's familly and not the other way around ???
yeah, props to dubcnn for supporting his family & friends

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2011, 12:34:26 PM »
If the family didn't ask, why is this even necessary?

This is embarrassing for Nate's memory, and if he had money trouble, now that he's not here anymore the residuals will build up to pay for it.

This kind of puts me and many fans in an uncomfortable spot.. Nate was like the Isaac Hayes of our generation, on so many iconic songs that the radio residuals should generate more than enough, and to be truly honest the fact that we're being asked to donate to support a legend who was already privy to great fame and fortune while I and many others are broke as hell, that offends me a bit.

We saw with MJ and Pac as soon as they passed away their estates made huge profit and they were able to pay off all the debt. If they give it some time, the same will happen with Nate's estate.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2011, 12:39:31 PM »
Nate Dogg has been singing, performing at concerts, and collecting royalties for almost 20 years. Considering all the millions he's made, his family should be able to afford a funeral.

dnjp4life

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2011, 12:46:18 PM »
Nate Dogg has been singing, performing at concerts, and collecting royalties for almost 20 years. Considering all the millions he's made, his family should be able to afford a funeral.

You know nothing of his financial situation at all, and no one on here does really.  You can't just assume that because he was featured on all these records that he made millions in his lifetime. 

Quadruple OG

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »

I'd probably go with 9 years. You don't know how much "Suge Publishing" withheld from Nate Dogg while Nate was contracted to Death Row. Money Nate made probably went to hospital costs. He was in assisted care and/or hospitals for 2-3 years; those places aren't cheap.

It's nice to have Dubcc offer donations, it should be used to form a charity in Nate's honor. I agree with the notion that some of his wealthier friends, who could afford to pay for the funeral and had chart-topping singles with Nate Dogg hooks, should be chip in.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2011, 03:50:55 PM »
this is ridicoulous....why are they askin donations for wtf? delete this thread

They haven't asked for donations - read the earlier replies of the thread.

If a PayPal is set up, I'd happily donate a bit of cash to give Nate a proper send off.

i mean rip to the dude and i hope the family are well and get thru this tough time but i find this disrespectful

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2011, 04:32:12 PM »
Ok ok, wait, so we're supposed to help a platinum selling artist's (with multi millionaire friends) family now??

whats next? asking for donations in africa to help the 'victims' of obesity??

I get it if you're sending letters or whatever, to show support, but donations?? that is just wrong. I cant even express how retarded it is.

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
I won't say any disrespectful due to the respect I have for Nate... and people saying Snoop or Dre didn’t do anything....how do ya'll know that?
Snoop can afford the funeral on his own and more and he might have offered that!
But there's life after funeral and every penny will help Nate's family and whatever they can get will sustain them, after the funeral and years to come...

Saying all that the donation shouldn't be stated as for His Funeral more in the line for Research/Awareness in to the cause of his death (There's something not right about a funeral donation for one of the top names in Hip Hop)
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

BIGWORM

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2011, 04:38:10 PM »
Delete the thread....

The_Offence

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2011, 04:46:44 PM »
shouldn't snoop be paying for his funeral ? snoop is filthy rich and nate dogg's family is asking for money to bury him  :-\

BANE

• 'G'
  • Deshi, Deshi, Basara, Basara! Deshi, Deshi, Basara
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2011, 05:00:26 PM »
JUST CAME BACK FROM THE POST OFFICE TO DROP OFF MY CHECK. CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF THE HEAT THATS GENERATED IN HERE SINCE LAST NIGHT/EARLY MORNING.  MOST OF YALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED. MY SNOOP COMMENT EARLIER WAS A PERSONAL OPINION THAT I STICK TOO, BUT THAT AINT GONNA STOP ME FROM DOING WHATS RIGHT. BUT READING SOME OF Y'ALL COMMENTS IS JUST SAD.

MORE THAN HALF YOU MUTHAFUCKAS DOWNLOAD ALL HIS SHIT ANYWAYS THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS SEND A MEASLY $20 NOTE.  ::)

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2011, 05:06:22 PM »
JUST CAME BACK FROM THE POST OFFICE TO DROP OFF MY CHECK. CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF THE HEAT THATS GENERATED IN HERE SINCE LAST NIGHT/EARLY MORNING.  MOST OF YALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED. MY SNOOP COMMENT EARLIER WAS A PERSONAL OPINION THAT I STICK TOO, BUT THAT AINT GONNA STOP ME FROM DOING WHATS RIGHT. BUT READING SOME OF Y'ALL COMMENTS IS JUST SAD.

MORE THAN HALF YOU MUTHAFUCKAS DOWNLOAD ALL HIS SHIT ANYWAYS THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS SEND A MEASLY $20 NOTE.  ::)

gee youre such a good person... gtfo.. telling people you donated, wtf you want now, a medal? dipshit.

they dont need my money, not as bad as I do anyway. its a request from dubcnn, not the family. Its an idiotic request, and you are an idiot for not seeing that.

Nate dogg - platinum selling artist, friends like snoop, dre, etc.
Me (and probably 99% of the posters on here) - student, poor as shit, all my friends are poor as shit too.

you see what I mean?