Author Topic: Crooked I - Million Dollar Story EP, yes EP not LP ,out now, 2 new songs.  (Read 1459 times)

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

phil uk 69

• Muthafuckin' OG
Seriously the songs sound wack....... Where are all the RAW Crooked I songs gone, can't believe I pre ordered this shit #okbye2Afan

NoobCake

this dude always talkin about being a boss.....lame

Maybe you are saying that cause you are not a boss and you are jealous?

What's there to be jealous of?  Money?  Nope.  He's not getting any money from touring.  He obviously is not getting any money from record sales.  Fame?  Not that either.  I have about as many fans as Crooked I does.

JohnnyL

Alright, just finished listening to this "EP."  Aside from the fact that I think calling this an EP is stupid, here are my initial thoughts on the songs themselves:

1. Everyday
  Some people have said that they thought Crook's delivery was flat on this one and his lyrics aren't up to his usual level.  Personally, I think Crook's delivery is alright, but nothing great. I thought he had a few really clever lines on this one.  I liked the "lay you flatter than the cardboard..." line and the Van Gogh line.  The Glenn Beck incest line though...really Crooked?  I know you don't like dude, but is it necessary to say something like that about dude's kids? At any rate, I like the beat on this one.  Crook's flow is alright, but considering some are saying this is supposed to be a single, I wouldn't say it's worthy of that.

2. Villain
  I never listened to this song before this release.  I saw that it had come out some time ago but I originally intended to go in cold and listen to the entire album all at once.  I've since given up on that.  Anyway, I'd say this is the best song of the four.  This song at least has the feel of a single, to me.  Sally Anthony does a nice job on the hook and Crook's lyrics and delivery sound good on this one.

3. OkBye
 After seeing some of the responses, I wasn't expecting much.  After hearing it though, I actually thought it was pretty good.  It's not a "Million Dollar Story" track though, and it probably shouldn't be.  While there's nothing wrong with the song, it was probably a better fit for the "Planet C.O.B." EP, which is where it was originally supposed to show up.  Crooked's lyrics are good, but the beat is just average.  I wouldn't say it's good enough to warrant being on the album we've waited more than a decade to hear.

4. G's Stay Low
  I kind of like the beat on this one, but it sounds more like a mixtape or a soundtrack song to me than an album cut.  Still, it's pretty good.  I would probably rank it as the second best track on this EP.

Overall, there's some decent stuff on here, but it's obvious this was thrown together haphazardly and they slapped the EP label on it just so they could call it something.  But I see no real cohesiveness between the songs that would indicate they go together.  If anything, they probably spent more time deciding what songs not to include on here and save for the full length album, as evidenced by the inclusion of "Villain" and "OkBye."  That being the case, I feel I can still hold out some hope that "Million Dollar Story" may end up being a good album.  Since, after listening to this, I still feel like I've barely heard anything off of "Million Dollar Story."  I just hope that whoever is in charge of releasing the album gets their shit together.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor

We've pushed @TheRealCrookedI #MillionDollarStory off until May/June to make it a #MONSTERSMASH - all pre-orders WILL be honored.

lol. I feel sorry for the fools who preorder a Crooked I album.

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
can't believe I pre ordered this shit
LMAO!! Wondering If I Should Even Bother Checking It Out Now??

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
haha man I wish vegas would get some odds on crooked I album release dates.  I would borrow as much money as fucking possible and bet on it not dropping every time a release date is mentioned.
lol

JohnnyL

We've pushed @TheRealCrookedI #MillionDollarStory off until May/June to make it a #MONSTERSMASH - all pre-orders WILL be honored.

lol. I feel sorry for the fools who preorder a Crooked I album.

Yeah, I do too.  Personally, I knew better though.  I was just planning on buying it after the release date, if in fact it was released. For what it's worth, I think they will honor the pre-orders like they say.  But it's just a question of when, and who knows when it comes to that.

OG Hack Wilson

Seriously the songs sound wack....... Where are all the RAW Crooked I songs gone, can't believe I pre ordered this shit #okbye2Afan
even I didn't preorder the LP and I'm crooked's biggest fan
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

westcoastmusicaddict

• Lil Geezy
Awww fuck this EP shit !!! Crook needs to understand his true fans don't want no more songs, freestyle series, EPs, and all that shit !!! We all know he's dope but we fuckin need a full lengh album !!

DAMN He should be in the World Record Book for making his fans wait more than 10 years for his debut album...

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
I thought he had a few really clever lines on this one.  I liked the "lay you flatter than the cardboard..."

lmfaooooo

yeah very clever...smfh.

Triple OG Rapsodie

I thought he had a few really clever lines on this one.  I liked the "lay you flatter than the cardboard..."

lmfaooooo

yeah very clever...smfh.

that's the problem with punchline rappers. There's so much potential for wack lines or shit that doesn't hit. Especially for a dude who tries to do it in every song. Nigga needs to focus more on conceptual tracks that people will give a fuck about, then save his best punchlines for only a few songs that will blow people away.

JohnnyL

lmfaooooo

yeah very clever...smfh.

Okay.  I take it you didn't like that line.  It's all subjective, but to me I thought it was a good simile.

KURUPTION-81

What is it with crook and ep's every few months there seems to be one, does he seriously think thats what the fans want.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

JohnnyL

What is it with crook and ep's every few months there seems to be one, does he seriously think thats what the fans want.

I know, it's like it's specifically the LP format that he objects to.  I don't get it.