Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Doggumentary (Discussion Thread)  (Read 5760 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Snoop Dogg - Doggumentary (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2011, 06:35:45 AM »
I don't want to sound like "that guy", but lol @ some of you West Coast heads having the ill double standards.

Let's be real, this is alright at best. Four or five songs worth listening to more than once. But it gets praise.

Then on the other hand, Dre has to put out a hands down timeless classic or else it gets shitted on.

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2011, 06:44:11 AM »
very good album.. take u home - my fav track

Quadruple OG

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2011, 06:45:09 AM »
My Fucn House
Platinum
Boom
Wet
Sumthin Like This Night
Superman
Eyez Closed(big fan of Kanye, but this shit is wack)
Raised In Da Hood

^^^Get rid of those tracks and this is excellent. Much better than MIW.

Wonder What It Do 8) 8) 8)
We Rest In Cali 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
The Weed Iz Mine 8) 8) 8)

That's the common thing with almost all of Snoop's albums. If he cut back 5-7 tracks on most of his releases, he'd have very good albums/near classics.

By the way, how come Tha Last Meal is so highly rated on this forum? I've never gotten that. NL Top Dogg >>>> Tha Last Meal

The Predator

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2011, 07:24:28 AM »
Hip-Pop.

Portugoal

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2011, 07:27:48 AM »
I'll replace Wet for the David Guetta Remix and burn a copy for the car. 79 minutes! :)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2011, 07:38:16 AM »
Hip-Pop.

whats so Hip-Pop about this , when more then half of this are west Coast produced?

killakastro

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2011, 08:09:56 AM »
Take u Home is by far the best track....great combo with kokane,, daz and too short.....rest of the cd is not that great.. except the songs we already know...like i dont need no bitch and gangbang boogie....but i have to give snoop credit he released a cd with 21 tracks...which is greta most of the cats today wait 3 years for a cd and put 13 songs on it....

all in all its an decent cd

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2011, 08:22:59 AM »
Snoop must be planning a lot of promo for this album as there's no UK specific date from the release.

I wanna order this and not download it but check out this price on amazon

£37.76 = $60.00 USD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

order from amazon.com it will cost you
Items: GBP 6.34
Shipping & Handling: GBP 4.11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Before Tax: GBP 10.45
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: GBP 0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Total: GBP 10.45

Will_B

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 08:36:56 AM »
Snoop must be planning a lot of promo for this album as there's no UK specific date from the release.

I wanna order this and not download it but check out this price on amazon

£37.76 = $60.00 USD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

order from amazon.com it will cost you
Items: GBP 6.34
Shipping & Handling: GBP 4.11

Total Before Tax: GBP 10.45
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: GBP 0.00

Order Total: GBP 10.45

Done!!! Thanks OG ;)

Lanka

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Da Gee In Dee
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2011, 09:17:19 AM »
17.  Keep Going ft. Terrace Martin

Where was that on?

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2011, 09:34:46 AM »
01.  Toyz N Da Hood Ft. Bootsy Collins                            2:40
02.  The Way Life Used To Be                                      3:43
03.  My Own Way Ft. Mr. Porter                                    3:05
04.  Wonder What I Do Ft. Uncle Chucc                             3:43
05.  Peer Pressure Ft. Traci Nelson                               4:07
06.  I Don't Need No Bitch Ft. Devin The Dude And Kobe Honeycutt  3:59
07.  We Rest In Cali Ft. Goldie Loc And Bootsy Collins            4:10
08.  El Lay Ft. Marty James                                       4:07
09.  Gangbang Rookie Ft. Pilot                                    3:46
10.  The Weed Iz Mine Ft. Wiz Khalifa                             3:43
11.  Take U Home Ft. Too Short, Daz And Kokane                    3:55
12.  It's D Only Thang                                            3:16
13.  Cold Game Ft. Latoiya Williams  
14.  Keep Going ft. Terrace Martin

This would be a near classic.

fixed

agree with this fixed tracklist except id add the track with kanye and raised in the hood..and maybe take out one or 2 of the more average ones
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:05:33 AM by Anonymous. »
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2011, 09:37:34 AM »
Let's be real, this is alright at best. Four or five songs worth listening to more than once. But it gets praise.

Then on the other hand, Dre has to put out a hands down timeless classic or else it gets shitted on.

I agree with this.  I think Dogg's getting praise because it isn't a wack album and people were expecting wackness since the first press release that it was going to be distributed in tandem with MTV or something IIRC.  The problem with this album is it's just kind of...boring, I'd say.  A lot of the tracks are just "meh."  Not wack, just bland.

Overall, better than Ego Tripppin by a slim margian (not much better, though), definitely better than Malice, but not as good as Blue Carpet.  Take You Home is the best song, but I also like This Weed Is Mine, Gangbang Rookie, El Lay (a little bit) and the one w/ Chucc.  Big disappointments, though, are the first Battlecat track (boring) and We Rest in Cali (should be much better given the pedigree).  Also, Peer Pressure sounds messy to me, surprising for a Fred Wreck production.  His drum patterns are usually very clean.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

kingreisi

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2011, 09:55:21 AM »

I agree with this.  I think Dogg's getting praise because it isn't a wack album and people were expecting wackness since the first press release that it was going to be distributed in tandem with MTV or something IIRC.  The problem with this album is it's just kind of...boring, I'd say.  A lot of the tracks are just "meh."  Not wack, just bland.

Overall, better than Ego Tripppin by a slim margian (not much better, though), definitely better than Malice, but not as good as Blue Carpet.  Take You Home is the best song, but I also like This Weed Is Mine, Gangbang Rookie, El Lay (a little bit) and the one w/ Chucc.  Big disappointments, though, are the first Battlecat track (boring) and We Rest in Cali (should be much better given the pedigree).  Also, Peer Pressure sounds messy to me, surprising for a Fred Wreck production.  His drum patterns are usually very clean.

what he said

gfunkin2

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2011, 09:58:22 AM »
Peer Pressure is pure funk. Crazy ft. Nate was nice but less upbeat. Best true g funk track I've heard in a long time.

Toys n the Hood...can't go wrong w/that Knee Deep sample. Wish it was longer though and had a bit of rapping on it.

Cold Game and Gangbang Rookie are solid too. Don't know what the hype is about Take U Home. No way this is even in the same league as "Ain't No Fun."

Blood$

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2011, 10:00:36 AM »
wow I'm actually blown away by how good this is  :o

the only tracks I didn't throw on my iPhone were "Wet" and "Superman", everything else bangs

this will be the first Snoop album I cop since Ego Trippin and it's his best since BCT for sure  8)