Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Doggumentary (Discussion Thread)  (Read 5699 times)

Blood$

Re: Snoop Dogg - Doggumentary (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2011, 04:20:21 PM »
after giving this a few more spins, here's where I rank this album

Doggystyle
No Limit Top Dogg
Tha Last Meal
Blue Carpet Treatment
Doggumentary
Ego Trippin
R&G
Doggfather
Paid The Cost To Be The Boss
Malice N Wonderland
Da Game Is To Be Sold Not Told

Will_B

« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2011, 04:23:27 PM »
After hearing what the gorillaz did with snoop on that plastic beach track they had on their last album and with something like this night on doggumentary it kinda makes me wish he would do a whole album rapping over their beats. That track is way different then anything else on doggumentary but so far its the stand out track to me

Good to hear!!

Plastic Beach is the shit :pimp:

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2011, 04:36:10 PM »
After hearing what the gorillaz did with snoop on that plastic beach track they had on their last album and with something like this night on doggumentary it kinda makes me wish he would do a whole album rapping over their beats. That track is way different then anything else on doggumentary but so far its the stand out track to me

i was thinking bout the same thing

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2011, 04:42:41 PM »
After repeated listens the past few days, the only real lasting tracks that I come back to are Take You Home and This Weed is Mine.  There are some other good tracks, as I wrote initially, such as Gangbang Rookie and Wonder What It Do, but the two aforementioned tracks are the only ones that are MUST have keepers imo.  Just like Ego Trippin's only must-have keepers were Neva Have 2 Worry and Press Play.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2011, 05:42:51 PM »
I don't see what the big fuss is about. This sounds heavily outdated. Like the rejects from those classic Eastsidaz records in 2000. Snoop either goes too commercial like his last few projects or takes a step backwards like this one.

"This Weed Is Mine" is pure gold. That soundtrack is something that should be great.

Matty

« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2011, 05:45:10 PM »
After repeated listens the past few days, the only real lasting tracks that I come back to are Take You Home and This Weed is Mine.  There are some other good tracks, as I wrote initially, such as Gangbang Rookie and Wonder What It Do, but the two aforementioned tracks are the only ones that are MUST have keepers imo.  Just like Ego Trippin's only must-have keepers were Neva Have 2 Worry and Press Play.

+ 1 for weed iz mine and press play :bandit:

Portugoal

« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2011, 10:06:38 PM »
I don't see what the big fuss is about. This sounds heavily outdated. Like the rejects from those classic Eastsidaz records in 2000. Snoop either goes too commercial like his last few projects or takes a step backwards like this one.

"This Weed Is Mine" is pure gold. That soundtrack is something that should be great.

I love that song. Peer Pressure is a masterpiece too. Other than that I disagree with your comment. Taking a step backwards is not always a bad thing. If it means your music gets better, I'm all for it.

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2011, 07:41:35 AM »
I love it when battlecat comes in with the talkbox on "the way life used to be" - goosebumps everytime!

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2011, 08:14:57 AM »
if snoop took mo time in this album it would b da next blue carpet treatment

this feel like a compilation album

sum great songs in it tho

Paul

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2011, 11:26:09 AM »
Wow can't remember writing that comment. I was drunk the other night  :cheers:
funkyfreshintheflesh

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2011, 11:30:25 AM »
now that's just sad when you gotta delete half a nigga's albums for him to have a dope discography

Snoop isn't aware that sometimes more isn't always better. After fixing the Doggumentary album, figure I'll go through the rest of Snoop's albums to cut out the filler.

I would do the same thing....only that.....there are much better rappers to listen to
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2011, 12:54:16 PM »
after giving this a few more spins, here's where I rank this album

Doggystyle
No Limit Top Dogg
Tha Last Meal
Blue Carpet Treatment
DoggFather
Doggumentary
R&G
Ego Trippin
Paid The Cost To Be The Boss

FIXED

Malice N Wonderland
Da Game Is To Be Sold Not Told
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2011, 11:06:01 AM »
Albums pretty solid. Loved the Intro with Bootsy then how it kicked in with The Way Life Used To Be. as soon as it kicked in i couldnt help but nod my head. aint nuthin like some BC/Snoop. Snoop def listened to the fans on this one i think.

Toyz N Da Hood
The Way Life Use To Be
My Own Way
Peer Pressure
I Dont Need a Bitch
Boom
We Rest N Cali
El Lay
Gang Bang Rookie
The Weed Iz Mine
Take U Home
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:50:00 AM by LAZY »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2011, 11:21:07 AM »
 Just gave the album a listen. Must admit it wasnt overly doing it for me but then i found myself really enjoying it and my head nodding.
 i wont judge it too much after only one listen, especially through average head phones and average set up.
 i actually enjoyed the second half of the album alot more than the first half. I found that from "EL Lay" onwards i really liked the album. maybe this is due to me having heard more songs from that point on and they had grown on me and also the fact that as the album went on more beers were in me?
 Even "WET" has grown on me a bit..
 Still couldnt help but wish Kurupt and Soopafly, etc were on there and some of the production just seemed weak. "take you home" really showed how capable Snoop still is at making a dope fucking song if he raps with the rights dudes and uses the right producers.
 I loved "this weed is mine".
 I honestly didnt think the album was as good as some people were saying yet at the same time i dont agree that Snoop should've scrapped alot of songs. No songs were that bad to me. if anything remove "Superman" and "Wet" cos they dont really fit but they actually aint that bad in their own way.
 Prolly give it 7/10. But it just made me have those outdated feeling that he needs to make songs with DPGC cos he raps really good. Having said that i really enjoyed songs like "Eyez closed".
 I think my faves were;
"El lay"
"Gangbang Rookie"
"Take u home"
"Eyez closed"
"This weed iz mine"
"Cold game"
 I'll see how i feel after more listens.
 Was intrested after reading the booklet to see mixing by mike dean and Soopafly. Thought Dj quik would've had more involvement though.  Someone said Dre mixed a song but i didnt see any evidence of that?
 Definately signs that Snoop could still make a classic.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:24:08 AM by KrazySumwhat »

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »
I gave duggumentary a good listen.
It s a good abum. wasnt expect this when i saw credits, some dope cuts but many fillers again.

01 Intro  5/5
02.  The Way Life Used To Be 5/5                     
03.  My Own Way Ft. Mr. Porter    3.5/5               
04.  Wonder What I Do Ft. Uncle Chucc      4/5
05.  My Fucn House Ft. Young Jeezy And E-40 4/5
06.  Peer Pressure Ft. Traci Nelson                 5/5
07.  I Don't Need No Bitch Ft. Devin The Dude And Kobe Honeycutt 4/5
08.  Platinum Ft. R. Kelly    3.5/5
09.  Boom Ft. T-Pain     2.5/5                           
10.  We Rest In Cali Ft. Goldie Loc And Bootsy Collins  5/5           
11.  El Lay Ft. Marty James    3/5
12.  Gangbang Rookie Ft. Pilot 4.5/5