Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked  (Read 9114 times)

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly)
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2011, 10:57:57 AM »
OH HELL NO!

it's unfinished, but finished/unfinished has all been wack anyway. concept for the beat is poor, on some generic sounding dance vibe. dre sounds ok, but again with the corny vocal adlibs. detox could still be good if this is the general direction, but based on everything we heard it's gonna be terrible.

real talk... i can;t understand all this "finished/unfinished" bullshit. it's like the effects or mastering could save the song. no.. they can't. melody is a melody. effects and mix/mastering is just a polishing. and you can't polish shit, right? it's like the movies. effects don't make movies good... it's all about the plot, the acting, screenplay and the list goes on

U wrong, sorry  ::)

oh...ok... my fault....

but maybe you can say something more to prove it

We don't say that this shit is not mastered we say that's unfinished... miss some vocals in the middle and some melody cuz the beat is really empty.

Unfinished = miss some vocals, miss effects on the pattern, etc etc
Mastering = polish the song for a good radio/auto/mp3/computer listen

i've come out with mastering as an example. yeah that could make some confusion, sorry. but this does not change my point at all...

just like Matty said we can clerly hear this song won't change that much when finished because we can hear the beat, the MAIN melody and all the stuff that makes the song. Obviously some things are missing but but the main core and even more already exists in this version. any add ons that would come up in finished version are only fillers to the MAIN melody...

ok i suggest going back to the topic

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »
OH HELL NO!

it's unfinished, but finished/unfinished has all been wack anyway. concept for the beat is poor, on some generic sounding dance vibe. dre sounds ok, but again with the corny vocal adlibs. detox could still be good if this is the general direction, but based on everything we heard it's gonna be terrible.

real talk... i can;t understand all this "finished/unfinished" bullshit. it's like the effects or mastering could save the song. no.. they can't. melody is a melody. effects and mix/mastering is just a polishing. and you can't polish shit, right? it's like the movies. effects don't make movies good... it's all about the plot, the acting, screenplay and the list goes on

U wrong, sorry  ::)

oh...ok... my fault....

but maybe you can say something more to prove it

i say finished/unfinished because we have two released tracks (kush & INAD) to go with all the leaks and they are both pretty shitty too. kush aint bad but it aint great either. dre lost.

my post was an agree to yours lol

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2011, 10:59:45 AM »
not feeling this :P
annoying beat, weird flow, mediocre hook.
nice to see that nikki is featured, but she can do better.

whether it's for Detox or not, dre's music is going downhill

Matty

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2011, 11:05:10 AM »
koolo was saying before if dre is actually rapping on it, then it definitely is for detox, cause he's lazy :laugh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »
koolo was saying before if dre is actually rapping on it, then it definitely is for detox, cause he's lazy :laugh:

not is, was.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2011, 11:09:16 AM »
Dre has got such a dope voice. Shame he can't get a beat to match it. Track overall is below average.
you mean it's a shame that he can't get his head straight

song is cool, i like it better than chillin but thats not sayin much, i only listened to that once (swizz beatz hook? really dre?).

the beat to this is kinda catchy and dres flow sounds better but i cant get with sly sounding like nate dogg.. sorry maybe its just too soon since his passing.. this was probably recording before his death anyway but still, very weird listening to this.

It was probably a place-holder like Kush was. If Nate had made a full recovery, he'd have been on the tracks.

if wishes were horses beggars would ride...

and who told you it was a place-holder? was it confirmed. and if it was... was it before or after Nate's passing?
Not saying it's 100% fact, but with having Sly sound like Nate on two different tracks, to me it sounds like it was a place holder.

let's face some facts. Nate was in bad condition. He couldn't walk or even speak... I'm not saying he had no chances for full recovery. i only say it was impossible to recover in a year or two. You're really that naive to think Dre would wait for Nate for such a long time? No disrespect man... i just think Sly was a replacement. That's much more possible...

edit: i bet sooner or later some Stans will come up with something like "It took Dre so long to put out Detox because he was waiting for Nate to recover" ;)

I'm making an observation. Not stating it's 100% factual, not sure what part of that isn't getting through. I've seen first hand what a stroke can do and know the odds aren't good of a full recovery after a stroke. Dre for all we know might have been hopeful of a recovery.

i'm sure Nate contributed to Detox at one point, so i don't believe that Dre was really waiting on nate.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2011, 11:11:16 AM »
i like the song. beat bangs.

i don't think Sly sounds like Nate Dogg on this song. if anything he sounds more like Timbaland.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2011, 11:13:26 AM »

i don't think Sly sounds like Nate Dogg on this song. if anything he sounds more like Timbaland.
yeah i think so too

FUCK U

• 'G'
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2011, 11:27:05 AM »
just not really feeling any of these dre tracks so far!  8)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2011, 11:29:45 AM »
just not really feeling any of these dre tracks so far!  8)

wrong smiley then  ;D

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »

yeah i think so too

Third wheelin'.

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2011, 11:40:22 AM »
It's clear as fuck this song, like the rest of the leaks aint even close to being done.

Book Of David, where you at?! 8)
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2011, 11:40:30 AM »
Dre went a lil' disco on couple of latest songs (Turn me on, This one, I Dominate).. i guess that may be the way of how 'Detox' will sound like.. i dont mind tho, it sounds sick to me

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2011, 11:41:43 AM »

yeah i think so too

glad somebody agrees.