Author Topic: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly) + Tweaked  (Read 9117 times)

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr. Dre - Mr. Prescription (Feat. Nikki Grier & Sly)
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2011, 11:45:34 AM »
i like the song. beat bangs.

i don't think Sly sounds like Nate Dogg on this song. if anything he sounds more like Timbaland.
yeah i think so too

glad somebody agrees.

haha i know. That doesn't happen to often around here.. :P

Suga Foot

« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2011, 11:48:09 AM »
Reminds me of Kraftwerk.  I love this beat tho.  Nikki Grier sounds good on this too.  

As for people saying Lady Gaga would sound good on this:  I was wondering why Dre isn't producing for anyone else right now to build the buzz for Detox.  He should have done Lady Gags first single, Snoops first single, Rihanna....even Akon.  He should be all over the radio right now to get people interested in him.  Like how Bitch Please was real big right before 2001 came out.  If this beat was given to lady gaga (or even Britney Spears) it would be huge. 

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2011, 12:04:08 PM »
Dre sounds nice, vocally this is dope. But the beat is horrible.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2011, 12:22:57 PM »
Sigh... if Detox is all stuff like this then I guess it's not for me... not hating though, maybe this is perfect for other folks

Now I know what older people mean when they hear something and they're like, "this is just noise"... that's kinda what these new Dre tracks are like for me, just a bunch of stuff happening all at once that I'm not able to like

haliaeetus albicilla

« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2011, 12:25:20 PM »
After dowlnloading Kush and I need a Doctor I was starting to doubt Dre. Both songs contained a lot of irritating noises. It confused me since Dre's beats always been formulaic: every sound had its function and was dope and couldnt be let out.

Then I heard the official mixes on the video's, and even though my ears were all ready getting used to the whack mp3 versions, I realised both songs where much cleaner and better than the MP3 leak versions.

Now today i heard this song. And this beat is fire. I realise when this is mixed and mastered professionaly, so the bass will be more to the forefront, this will be next level.

The rap dance combination has never been done in a dope form. Horrible shit from Florida etc. Now Dre puts his focus on this, it can be really big. Imagine the futuristic sounds of Thriller or Parliament Funkadelic in a uptempo bassdrivin clubbeat with a simple but effective raps on it.

If this is Dre's direction for Detox it will be at least as good and have an impact as big as its two predecessors.  

Paul

« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2011, 12:27:57 PM »
Few points -

Dres verse has a little more character to it than recently. Although the lyrics are suspect at times.

The basis to the production sound like after a few tweaks and obviously finished could be a "club banger"

Sly doesn't sound like Nate dogg on this but he doesn't sound good

LOL at people who like Chillin. That track was terrible.
funkyfreshintheflesh

HighEyeCue

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2011, 12:37:59 PM »
not really feeling the song and I hope it won't be on Detox

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2011, 12:46:03 PM »
Dre has got such a dope voice.

--------------------------------------------------------

i have to disagree...i think his voice delivery and tone have never been "dope" and he knows it too thats why he always has niggas all over his albums...ive seen him say in interviews that he hates the way he sounds on the mic and i understand...his vision lies in the music.

this song is underwhelming but then again so is almost everything else ive heard from him lately.

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2011, 01:05:38 PM »
Dre has got such a dope voice.

--------------------------------------------------------

i have to disagree...i think his voice delivery and tone have never been "dope" and he knows it too thats why he always has niggas all over his albums...ive seen him say in interviews that he hates the way he sounds on the mic and i understand...his vision lies in the music.

this song is underwhelming but then again so is almost everything else ive heard from him lately.

Disagree that his vocal deliveries never have been dope. I think he has one of the dopest voices of all time
in the history of hip hop. If I could, I would have replaced a couple of features on his songs in favour for
some more verses by Dre.

Agree that the song is underwhelming. Nothing new or revolutionary in any way, sounds like some early
90´s euro-dance/disco like 2Unlimited, Snap, Captain Hollywood, Haddaway or whatever. WTF!

Still hope Detox will be some funky futuristic  8) hip hop...

Matty

« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2011, 01:18:23 PM »
“SO MANY GIRLS” – USHER

“I did this track at the top of 2009, maybe 2008. Either way, I did the track and was like This. Is. Crazy. I originally did the track for Dr. Dre for Detox. I know Jimmy Iovine heard it and liked it but I don’t know if Dre heard it. It was intended for him and that was that. So after going through the hoops of if he heard or not, I just ended up giving it to Usher way later. I knew at this point he needed a single and they were going to go with it as a single at one point, but they did a couple other songs.”

this track is on the exact same vibe, but better.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2011, 01:31:34 PM »
Alright, now that I've given it some spins, this song is a club banger, without doubt better than Chillin'.

Maybe not West Coast, but this kind of beat is what is a banger today.

Honestly, if this was finished & he took away that wanna-be Nate part, it could arguably be my favorite over "Kush" & "I Need A Doctor".

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2011, 01:42:19 PM »
“SO MANY GIRLS” – USHER

“I did this track at the top of 2009, maybe 2008. Either way, I did the track and was like This. Is. Crazy. I originally did the track for Dr. Dre for Detox. I know Jimmy Iovine heard it and liked it but I don’t know if Dre heard it. It was intended for him and that was that. So after going through the hoops of if he heard or not, I just ended up giving it to Usher way later. I knew at this point he needed a single and they were going to go with it as a single at one point, but they did a couple other songs.”

Never heard that track. Who did it?

and you got a cdq mp3?

Matty

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2011, 01:45:19 PM »
“SO MANY GIRLS” – USHER

and you got a cdq mp3?

danja http://www.mediafire.com/?7y6bcfagl5mkwlp

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »
“SO MANY GIRLS” – USHER

and you got a cdq mp3?

danja http://www.mediafire.com/?7y6bcfagl5mkwlp

props ! +1.

Beat is cool.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2011, 02:02:52 PM »
Its better than Chillin, but that aint sayin much.